23. Asim

Ima is still on my mind when I wake.
She was the very first thought.
Images of our time last night flashed through my mind.
Her lips were electric; her eyes beautiful.
And my god, did she taste delicious.

"Prince Theo, your mother is impatiently waiting for your presence at breakfast" My head guard Levit comes to the end of my frame. It was his attempt to stir me out the bed.

"Have you seen her"

"Ophelia or Ima your majesty?" He refuses to meet my eye. His question offended me for some reason.

"You knew very well who I ask of Levit" I scoff, rising from my covers to be bathed.
The servants quickly draw my bath and prepare me for my meal.

—-

I had an early day today, full of trials and tests and rituals my father instructed I complete.
I made haste through the hallways to meet my mother. It was selfish of me to say it but I hoped to see Ima there. She had ran off unexpectedly yesterday and there was still so much we had to discuss.

"Theo!!!" A familiar voice summons me from behind.

I turn and see my best friend Asim. But what was he doing here.
"I wondered who had the gall to not address me by name?" I teased.

We hug with familiarity as we remise about old times. We were both princes restricted from an outside life of freedom. Our mornings consisted of lengthy meeetings and constant reminders of the throne we were soon to possess.

"I haven't seen you since you had a spine Asim"

"And the last time I saw you, you were still fu*cking Ophelia. Wait, that was last week?" I push him aside as he chuckles.

"Haha, so clever." I continue onto the dining room, determined to meet my mother. "What are you doing here anyways?"

"I'm here for the wedding"

"Wedding?" I ask.

"Don't tell me you forgot about you own wedding? It's in three days!"

"It must have slipped my mind" I laugh nervously. I knew our wedding was fast approaching but I didn't know it was this soon.

"So where is your fiancé? I would love to meet her" lust fills his voice. I stop in my path as the words escape his lips.

"Touch her and I cut your hands off"

"I was joking  Theo!" He smirks holding his hands up, desperate to show his innocence. "I haven't even done anything..."

"Good." I frown, refocusing on my path.

"Yet..." Asim chimes cunningly. I glare again. I would rather commit myself to marry Ophelia before I let him touch Ima.

"It's so good to see you." I scoff sarcastically. He loops an arm around my neck and wrestled.

"Just like old times!" He laughs heartily.

—-

We come down for breakfast in haste.
"Asim!" My mother stands. He runs over to her and hugs her warmly.

"It has been too long!"

"Much too long your majesty" Asim charms, "your beauty grows with each lapse of time" he smirks.

"Oh, I miss this." She smirks, "and where is the king and queen?"my mother ask about his parents whereabouts.

"They are venturing tomorrow. Duties at the kingdom kept them"

"I pray the gods guide them and grant their traveling favors"

"Thank you my queen" Asim nods.

"Are you two done?" I say, slouching in my chair unabashedly.

"Where's Ima?" my mother asks.

"That is what I've been asking your majesty." Asim chimed, pulling a plate to begin his meal.

"Am I supposed to know?" I blurted impatiently. After she ran away last night, I thought I would give her distance. I knew we were supposed to be married, but I wasn't her keeper.

"You don't know where your own fiancé is?"

"In her room I think" I lie. Levit had checked it before I came down.
I had no clue where she was.

"Why?"

"I want to walk with her. I feel as if I barely know her and since she's going to be a part of the family, I figured why not?"

"You know what mother? She would absolutely adore that." I say sarcastically. Ima had no interest in being chummy with my parents, especially my mother.

"Since you are hiding her, I will look for her" she stands to start her journey.

"No!"

"No?" My mother furrows a brow with suspicion.

"I mean... I will.. find her. I mean—-get her" I stood up to challenge her. I was nervous Ima might be truly lost and I did not feel like a scandal to appear.

" I'll tell her mother, it's easier"

"Okay, be quick"

"Yes Theo. Be quick. We are impatient to see her" Asim coos.

I make my way out the room and alert the nearest guards. "Find princess Ima and send her to get dressed. Tell her she has a date with the queen."

"Yes your majesty"

——

Author Note
Thank You risocool for being the ONLY reader to comment an suggestion.  You're a real one!

Side eye to eveyone else hmffffff