26. Introduction

Ima

Theo and I kiss breathlessly as we wait for help to arrive.

"I wonder what tool your father will use to kill you" I smile, "Snake Venom? A sword"

"Probably his favorite spear" Theo teases.
It quiets down as we realize the reality of our relationship.
He turns his head and watches me, his dark eyes looking over me.

"Did we just...?"

"Yea.." he answers through a lazy chuckle, intertwining my hand with his.
I am reminded how close we are as his breath tickles my cheek. For once, I didn't mind it.
He lifts my palm to his soft lips and kisses it tenderly. 
Did this mean we're not going to keep out distance?
I didn't know how to proceed.

I lift his palm in return to my eye level and stare at his ring. It was a beautiful ring, one that I needed to remind him of. Maybe that would snap the both of us back to reality.

"Ah ah ah, don't get any ideas." He warns, pulling his hand away.

"What?! I can't stare at it?" I pouted knowingly.

"No." He answered impatiently. Why was he getting so snarky!

"But I never really seen it or even felt it. Can't I just...."

He rolls his eyes but takes it off, pushing it onto my finger. It barely fit but it looked beautiful.

I purposely hold it up to his face, forcing him to stare. "It looks good doesn't it?" I smile mischievously.

"It certainly fits" He leans against an elbow and smirks.

"Queen Ima.
I quite like sound of that. Don't you prince?" I whisper against his cheek, kissing his ear with tempt.

"It does have a nice ring to it" he says, grabbing my waist tight and lifting me to sit on his stomach.

"Look. " I show him again, shoving my fingers into his eye level.
"It is as if it was perfectly molded to my fingers."

I make him kiss it and he does so devotedly, before watching me hungrily.

He stares into my features once again. He had been doing it a lot lately.
Maybe he was rethinking the oath he made about never giving me the ring.

——

Theo

It felt like forever until help finally arrived.  Ima and I did not mind the duration preoccupying ourselves with other activités.

The voice of Asim climbing up makes me pause.

"Who is that?" She cursed, upset I had ended our session early.

"You'll see" I smirk, lifting her away. She rolls off my body lazily but continues kissing my chest. Her kisses felt like magic.

"Okay. I tried to bring everything up in one go but—-" Asim stops as he reached the top and stares at us. Ima lifts up her head and watches him as he is silenced by her beauty.
I knew Asim. He was never short on words or phrases. That's how I knew he was captivated the moment he laid eyes on Ima.

"And who might you be" he whispers with disbelief, ignoring me completely.

Ima tried to cover her body as best as she could, grabbing my arms so she could hide behind me .

"Close your mouth Asim. You're drooling." I tease snatching out clothes from him. I quickly pass Ima's so she could cover herself.

"Theo? Surley this isn't the same Ima you've been gushing about" he smiles, staring at her as she dressed. I could already see him planning his attack.

Asim and I always stole romantic interests from one another. It was our favorite pastime. That is how I met Ocelia. But Ima was off limits. I didn't think I had to warn him to stay away from her but obviously I do now.

"Do you mind" she frowns impatiently, lifting her finger and instructing him to turn around. She had no interest for his brashness.

"Of course not princess." He reluctantly obliged and climbed down once more.

———-

Ima

"Do you mind?" I grumble impatiently signaling to turn around.  His rich brown eyes were violently basking over my body.
He was brush but I could not deny his handsomeness. He wet thick coily hair with an even thicker beard to match. His skin was smooth, like jade.
If it weren't for his overbearing vulgarity, he would be a catch.

" Who was that"  I ask, quickly pulling on my cloths to avert the gaze of the man

"My best friend Asim. He's here for the wedding"

I looked awkwardly remembering the wedding at soon commencing and hum. Theo pulls on the rest of his clothes before climbing down.
"I'll see you .... Later?" The way he said it made it sound like a question rather than a statement.
"My father might kill me, so make sure to have a proper burial for me"

"I'll pray the gods spare your life." I smile. Theo knew I needed time to think so he left me alone and descended down the statue of Rah.

I watch him over the edge as he leaves for the ceremony probably hoping to catch the end.

"F*cking on the statues? Why didn't I think of that!" His friend so rudely shouts.

"Shut up" Theo grumbles, pushing him away and hurrying to the ceremony. I watch them both until until they turn a corner.

I felt like staying up here for an eternity to think but I knew I couldn't, as tempting as it was.

Author note
We introduced Ima to a new man but she hates him 🤔 hmmmm