ABL 10: Listening to Her

"Your mother wants to have breakfast with you and you're ditching her for your girlfriend? Eat with your mom, and then go to your girlfriend," who does she think she is talking to me like that? I watched her as she pulled out the chair for me and pointed at it without looking at me. "Sit," and yet, I felt compelled to listen to her.

I skipped the chair she had pulled out for me and she smiled, shaking her head. I sat down and crossed my arms over my chest. She giggled and covered her lips, my eyes immediately looked at them and I sighed annoyed.

"You're such a big baby," she laughed and my mother joined her.

"He is my big baby boy," she said as she kissed my cheek and I groaned, wiping my face.

"Mom!" I whined and Amanah laughed even harder. "And I'm an Alpha, not a baby," I said and Amanah nodded her head.

"Yeah, a baby alpha," she said and they laughed even harder, it was kind of nice listening to them laugh instead of complaining, for once ever since she got here, I didn't feel so guilty.

"Whatever, let's just eat," I said, grabbing my fork and Amanah stopped my hand.

"Don't you guys say grace?" She asked and I cocked my head to the side confused.

"Grace?"

"Yeah, it's a prayer giving thanks," she explained and my mom put her fork down.

"To whom are we giving thanks?"

"God," she said simply and I smiled understanding her.

"Oh, you mean Apollo?" I asked her and she looked confused.

"Who's Apollo?"

"Our Sun God," I said and she scratched her head.

"I guess he's okay too," she shrugged.

"Who do you pray to?" My mom asked her and she pouted.

"God, I don't think we really have a name for him but he is sort of the God of everything there," she said, smiling embarrassedly.

"Woah, I didn't know that! So does everyone there believe in the same God?" My mom was completely invested in this conversation.

"Not really, we have religions that basically explain him differently," she said and my mother nodded slowly.

"So-"

"Can we eat first and then you two can continue your conversation once we're done?" I grumbled feeling my stomach complain too. "Please?"

"Oh yes, sorry," Amanah said sheepishly. "Can we just hold hands and do a small quick prayer, please?" She motioned small by bringing her thumb and index finger close to each other.

We joined hands and as she promised, she said a small quick prayer thanking God for the food we were about to eat and for blessing us with another day to live on this beautiful planet he created, her words not mine.

We ate together and they kept on talking about the religions on earth and which one she falls under and what she thinks about the others, I won't be a jerk and say that it was a boring conversation, it was pretty interesting to see her passionate about something and to also see that my mother finally found someone to talk to.

"Well, I have to go now," I said as I got up and Amanah stared at my empty plate before looking at me as if she was silently telling me to wash my plate. I took the plate to the sink and washed it, once I was done I saw she had a satisfied smile. Why do I somehow listen to her?

"You have to take Amanah to the pack doctor today," mom said and I stopped in my tracks.

"It's alright, I'm sure Malakhi wouldn't mind accompanying me," Amanah said with a smile.

"It isn't Malakhi's child you're pregnant with," my mother said with a smile that told me I had no choice.

"Sure, I'll be there," I said to her and my mother got up.

"I meant, you take her there and you bring her back."

I knew there was no point in arguing with her whenever she switched to her Luna voice, which I will admit was really scary and would have me running to do her orders.

"I will come back and fetch her," I said with a slight nod and it seemed she was surprised, she probably thought I would put up a fight with her.

"Good, and I don't want you coming around with Willow around my grandchild," my mother said, raising her finger and Amanah covered her mouth.

"But mom, Willow gets a little insecure whenever it's just Amanah and me," I told her through the mind link and she severed the connection.

"We don't talk through mind links whenever Amanah is here unless it's about pack issues," my mother said and Amanah raised her head.

"Huh? What did you say?" She asked, looking at me and I rolled my eyes.

"It's nothing, I won't come with Willow," I said leaving the packhouse and going back home. This was becoming too annoying for me and I couldn't take it anymore. I was basically stuck in a square where I had to choose between four people, Orion, my mother, Willow and Amanah, and two of them are all for Amanah. Fuck this is terrible. Why did I have to mess my life up to this extent?

I walked into my house and sighed as I took off the shirt, it was a bit too tight right now. I haven't lived with my mom in almost forever and she had most of my old clothes, I didn't think my body had grown to be that big.

"Where are you coming from?" I had forgotten that she was here, I looked at her as she walked up to me.

"From the packhouse," I said walking upstairs to my bedroom, it still had her scent so I didn't sleep in here anymore, but I was too lazy to move my clothes to the other room so I just kept them in here.

"You were with her weren't you?" She asked as she tried to step into the room but stopped by the doorway covering her nose. "You even smell like her," she said and I groaned, shaking my head.

"My mom had us eat breakfast together," I said as I slipped on a bigger shirt. "Don't worry, my mom was there as well," I said as I held her head and kissed her forehead.

"Where are you going now?" She asked, putting her hands on my waist.

"I have to take Amanah to the doctor," I said softly as I held her face in my hands.

"So you're going to her again?" She sighed, moving away.

"What does that mean? I have to take her to the doctor for a check-up," I explained and she rolled her eyes.

"Malakhi can easily take her, you don't have to. Stay with me," I was surprised to hear her say that.

"Willow, Amanah is pregnant with my child, I have to take her there myself," I reasoned with her and she groaned, throwing her hands in the air.

"Of course, because she's pregnant with your child you have to abandon me whenever she calls?"

"So I must ignore her only because I'm with you?" I asked, shaking my head disappointed in her.

"You should have ignored her in the first place," she said glaring up at me and I closed my eyes, breathing out a frustrated breath.

"I'm not doing this with you," I said walking away from her. I didn't want to fight with Willow over this because I really loved her and I wasn't about to lose her over a mistake I made because I listened to Orion.

"Your eyes weren't gold when you left last night!" She screamed behind me and I stopped in my tracks. "You knew where you were going last night and you still left me like I meant nothing to you," she cried out.

"Can we please talk about this when I come back?" I asked her and she crossed her arms over her chest. "Please Willow?"

"Fine, go already," she said, turning around and I smiled and hugged her from behind.

"I love you Willow," I said, kissing the top of her head.

"Yeah, I love you too."