ABL 66: Bountiful King

"So what happens now?" I asked Anin while I stood next to Amanah. She was finally sound asleep despite the pain she was in earlier.

Watching her cry worriedly for our baby made me feel useless since there wasn't anything I could do to help ease her pain.

"Right now we're going to keep monitoring her and check how far her dilation is, if it doesn't go beyond four centimetres in the next six hours, we might have to do surgery," Anin explained as she pulled the sheet over her, aiding her comfort.

"Amanah said she doesn't want surgery," I pushed her hair back as I sat down next to her. Her face finally looked relaxed, lately she seemed to be going through a lot of thinking and that would result in her eyebrows always pulled close together.

Of course I would prob and ask her what the issue is but she would brush me off and say she's okay, she's just planning for the wedding. I have not tried to listen in on her thoughts because she asked me to stop, and I respect that but sometimes her being quiet worries me.

"I know, but we also have to think about both their safety so let's hope she does go beyond four centimetres," she nodded with a small smile. I could tell she was worried for her friend and wanted to respect her wishes, but before anything else she had to be her doctor.

"Okay," I whispered clasping Amanah's hands. The anxiety creeped in slowly as I watched her chest fall from the deep breathing, Anin did give her some medication to reduce the pain but I can still see how little she moves when she's in pain.

"We should be grateful that despite her complaints, she still had some of your blood everyday, so the delivery won't be so rough on her. Call me when she wakes up okay?"

"Alright," I leaned back on the chair and smiled as I remembered Amanah's tantrums right before her meals. She hated the thought of washing down her favourite meals with my blood but after she got a taste she would get greedy for more and say that it's all for her health. "My greedy little mate," I murmured as I pressed my lips against her wrist.

"She'll be okay right?" Orion asked as he paced up and down.

"Yes they'll both be okay," I breathed out as I leaned in closer to her belly. I placed my hand over it and I could feel our baby move around. "She's getting ready to come see us," I whispered and Orion's pride swelled in me, although the moment I turned to look at Amanah, his feelings turned to self-loath.

"It's our fault she's like this, if we hadn't gone there that night she wouldn't be in this much pain," he grumbled.

"She wouldn't be here either," I said. "Our mates a tough one, it's just a matter of hours before she gives birth to our child," I reminded Orion how stubborn Amanah is. "She'll be fine."

"Ha, yes." He agreed settling down. "I sure hope your pup doesn't have your head, I don't want it hurting my dear Amanah," he said as he rubbed her belly soothingly.

"And I hope she doesn't have your personality," I shot back and Orion scoffed.

"Between you and I, Amanah fell for me first. Don't you know Niozian myths? The first one she falls for, the baby will be more like them," he said proudly and I rolled my eyes.

"Yet I'm the one that talks to her every day while you grumble and complain about Kye, she'll obviously be more like me," I said and he growled. "Growl all you like, this baby is going to be like me."

"In the deepest of the woods, that will not happen. She'd rather be cool like me," he crossed his arms over his chest. "There's no way she'd want to be a brainiac like you are."

"Do you two ever get along?" I looked up at Amanah slowly opening her eyes. She looked at me tiredly and smiled a little. "You're too loud," she murmured and I got up pressing my lips against her cheek.