ABL 37: Elements Of Surprise

Training was the centre of all peace. For once in a long time, I felt as if I wasn't confused and knew exactly what it was that I wanted to do.

It was as if everything had disappeared and being alpha or Miall didn't matter, being alive felt easier.

However, it was hard to not shift during this kind of training, everything was easier and quicker if I had shifted but that was the whole purpose of this training, to see how long we could hold out on shifting, and Malakhi wasn't making it easy.

Yes, I'm alpha and can hold my ground, but Malakhi is very competitive when it comes to such things, and Amanah cheering him on right now isn't really helping.

I had diminished the sense of peace the minute Amanah came with her cheer squad, saying that it would motivate us to train harder since males liked showing off.

I'm not saying that Amanah ticks me off, but her only supporting Malakhi is ticking me off. How she says his name so loudly and cheerfully pushes me closer and closer to the edge.

Here I was thinking that things would be okay between us since she said that- thinking about it makes me feel weird too. I didn't even consider every factor before I agreed.

Although we agreed to be each other's relief, we haven't even gotten around it. Right before we did, Amanah had second thoughts and stopped me.

The reason was loud and clear, and as much as I wanted to, I left it at being rejected by her, and she seemed relieved. I guess her feeling that way was understandable.

Things between Willow and I were still unresolved, I'd been avoiding her since the welcoming party, and I can't muster up the courage to face her after she caught Amanah and me.

I do feel guilty, but I'm not as drawn to her as I used to, and I honestly feel like shit. I know I'm in love with her. Who wouldn't?

She was beautiful, intelligent and funny. Time spent with her was cherished, but lately, all those feelings I used to feel with her, are being forced out, as if I'm convincing myself that she's the one for me.

"You're distracted," Malakhi said as he lunged toward me, Amanah screamed, and I stared at her. She looked worried for a minute before she added.

"Don't go easy on him, Malakhi!" My eye twitched as I held onto his waist, I dug my feet into the ground and picked him up throwing him over my shoulder.

"Dick," he groaned as he hit the ground. "You don't have to be so rough cause Amanah is watching," he said, and I smirked giving him my hand.

"I was distracted for a second," I shrugged, and he kissed his teeth. "Okay, to make you feel better you can throw me over your shoulder as well."

"Deal," he smiled as our fists bumped against each other.

"Maybe coming here was a bad idea. He looks so hot," Amanah's thoughts flowed naturally into mine. Even though she tried to put off those thoughts by calling Malakhi's name, she was quite easy to read.

"You're not paying attention again," he said and ran towards me. As promised, I stood still with my arms crossed against my chest.

"What the fuck are you doing! Move, he'll hurt you," she yelled, yet different words left her lips. "Take him down, Malakhi!"

I looked up to the stands and smiled at her, she looked so worried as she nibbled on her bottom lip.

"You better get ready to defend yourself alpha," Malakhi smiled cockily as he grew closer.

"I'm never going to look bad in front of Amanah," Orion said taking control of my body before I could tell him not to.

He swiftly moved us to the side and grabbed a hold of Malakhi's neck, pushing him to the ground. "Sorry, Beta," he smirked and left.