ABL 50: Tales Are True

Third Person

"I wasn't sure what to get you, so I just brought everything we ha- you're sleeping already?" Miall trailed off as he saw Amanah's body curled up; her breathing was levelled.

Before joining her down on the ground, he put the snacks into a basket. He propped his head up with his hand and watched Amanah as she slept.

"Isn't this being a little creepy?" Orion asked as he joined Miall; their eye colour had changed into grey proving they were one.

Before they went to the trial, they weren't able to be one for long periods of time, however now they are able to switch or stay as one if need be.

Amanah still had no idea how different he was when they were both in control which is why they agreed to present themselves singularly when they are around her.

"If it's creepy, what are you doing here?" Miall asked back and Orion smiled. They brought their fingers to Amanah's forehead, pushing back the locks that had fallen out of her bun. They both knew for sure she would complain once she woke up because she didn't wear her protective hair cover.

"It's grown so much," Orion murmured as he looked at her belly. Amanah mumbled in her sleep as she pulled the shirt up, exposing her belly. They smiled as they crossed their fingers underneath their face and stared at the belly.

They could hear the baby's heartbeat. Listening to it sounded like white noise and at last, they both felt like they finally acquired peace.

"Do you remember what Ylil said? What do you think will happen?" Miall asked Orion, and it worried them that they had no control over what might happen to them in the future.

"I don't know. I always thought it was weird we could never read her mind but only hear what she wanted us to," Orion said as he drummed his fingers on her belly softly. "And Ylil confirming that she can't see her future, I don't know what will happen, but all we can do is protect her and make sure she never wants to leave."

Miall didn't respond. They simply closed their eyes and fell asleep next to Amanah. It would be pointless to pass this opportunity worrying over something they can't control.

Hours passed with them sleeping outside, Amanah felt a soft pressure on her belly, and she squinted one eye open. Her fingers felt around, and all she could feel was soft fur.

Maybe Miall grabbed a blanket, she thought to herself. However, the blanket let out a heavy breath which scared Amanah awake. She stared at the wolf that lay asleep next to her.

Grey fur coated its body, if you looked closely, you could see the gold speckles in its fur. Amanah leaned in closer to it, sure she had seen other wolves here in Nioz and once saw Orion in his 'godly' form, but she had never been so close to a wolf.

She put her fingers on its head and massaged it softly, it growled softly and stretched its paws. Turning its head, it looked at Amanah and puffed out air through its nose.

Amanah's breath hitched when she looked into its eyes. The icy grey eyes followed her movements. She giggled and touched its face.

"You're so beautiful," she cooed as she petted the wolf. "Wait here," she got up and ran into the house. They watched her as she disappeared behind the stairs and waited patiently for her.

Amanah came back with a bag in her arms and giggled excitedly. "You have no idea how long I've been waiting for this day," she gleamed as she sat down on the ground again.

She spread out her legs in front of her and threw out what was inside of the bag onto the ground. Once they saw what it was they got up in an attempt to get away from her.

Amanah grabbed their leg and looked up at their big frame. "Please," she stuck out her bottom lip. Her eyes glistened as she blinked, they surrendered to her pleas, and she squealed excitedly.

"We're going to fucking regret this," Orion groaned as he watched Aman pick up their paw and place it on her lap. She grabbed a nail filer and started working.

"Your nails are surprisingly clean, and so is your fur," she muttered softly as she buffed the nails. "Which colour do you want? I think the blue would look great on you," Amanah asked, pointing to the nail polishes that were set out before them.

They moved their free paw toward any colour, and Amanah looked at it shocked. "Wow, I never thought you'd choose that one but pink it is," she grabbed the polish.

"What the hell, Orion! Pink?" Miall shouted, and Orion shouted back,

"I wasn't going for the pink, you idiot. Those bottles are crazy small in comparison to our paws! And it's your fault our nails are getting painted right now; if you had just run away, we would've been safe right now!"

"But did you see the face she made when she grabbed our leg? You're the one that said we should just do it!"

"Miall, I've lived for many centuries. It's time for you to make your own decisions now!"

"Oh yeah, sure, right, blame me because you're the one who chose pink!"

"I'm done. What do you think?" Amanah asked sweetly, they slowly looked down at their nails, and they whimpered. "Oh, you do like them!?" Amanah squealed, clapping their hands.

It's not as if they could shake their head no, so they whimpered again, and Amanah giggled and massaged their scalp.

"I know. I'll paint your other nails when you turn again, maybe a neon green this time since you like bright colours?"

"Fuck me," Orion groaned, and Miall just slumped his head defeated.

"You're so huge," she commented as she ruffled his fur. "I bet the ground shakes when you run, huh?" She asked. "And you're so warm too!" She whined as she hugged them.

Soon the fur and big body disappeared, and all that was left was Miall's body hovering over Amanah.

She looked at him, shocked and raised her hand. "Hi." Her eyes looked further down his body, and she gasped.

The tales are true! She thought to herself as she covered her eyes. He's hard...

"Uhm, you're naked," she whispered as she separated her fingers and looked at him through the whole. "Where are your clothes?"

Miall smiled as he kneeled above her and grabbed his shirt. "The wolf needed a stretch," he said, and Amanah looked away as he got dressed. Which wolf?

"Oh, did you sleep well?" She asked, feeling her face burn hotter the more Miall stared at her.

"Yes. Did you sleep well? How are you feeling?"

"Good, great... fantastic. Well, I'll be going into the house now," she tried to get up, and Miall helped her get up.

"Amanah," he began, and she looked away.

"Hey, don't you think we should go visit Nyleve soon? I think it would be a great thing to do...haven't seen her in so long," Amanah rushed out as she fixed her shirt.

"Yeah, I'm sure she'd be happy to see you," he whispered, and she nodded, disappearing into the house.

"I'll go make the arrangements!" She shouted, and Miall chuckled as he scratched his head.

"Now we know why we turned. Her pheromones are affecting us," Orion said, and Miall placed his hands on his hips. "Well, I'm going back to sleep. You deal with it."

Miall looked down at his tent and blew out a frustrated breath before he started packing up.

At least he slept peacefully.

A/n Okay, so I ended up splitting it🙃