ABL 18: The Tutor

I sat in my office mindlessly staring at the wall, my fingers lightly tapped my bottom lip and I groaned, throwing my head back. Why did I kiss her?

It's not as if I didn't enjoy it, as a matter of fact, I loved it but I told her that we should be friends and then I ended up kissing her, feeling her body flushed against mine with her legs wrapped around my waist made me painfully throb.

Thinking about that kiss was getting me nowhere, I turned my chair and decided to get some work done. Being Alpha wasn't as easy as my father made it out to be, and even though my mother helps when she can I still can't get used to the amount of work I need to do here.

Maybe I should go see Amanah? I need a break either way, but I do have a girlfriend and I do like spending time with her, but being with Amanah...no, it was simply a mistake, I should come clean, but I should first talk to Amanah about it.

My office door slammed against my wall and I looked up confused, was I that lost in thought that I didn't sense my Beta?

"What's the issue?" I asked leaning against my chair and he scoffed, crossing his arms over his chest. "I know I'm Alpha, but I don't read minds," I said crossing my own arms over my chest, but I do hear what Amanah is thinking sometimes, I still have to ask mom about that.

"Maybe you should start," he answered and I rolled my eyes. Malakhi has always been dramatic.

"Talking about minds, I'm curious, do you hear thoughts?" I pried as I leaned against the desk, maybe it was nothing special.

His purple eyes squinted as he looked at me as if I was delirious and shook his head. "In what world would anyone hear thoughts unless they were your own? Or are you talking about the mind link?"

"No, I'm talking about me hearing your thoughts you know like we could be sitting together in this room, in complete silence and I can hear what you're thinking," I explained to him and his upper lip lifted as he pondered on what I just said.

Just when I thought he was understanding me, he broke out into a fit of laughter and bent over as he hit his knee, I sighed and just knew that I was obviously at a dead end with him.

"You hear thought's Miall? What in the good gods who blessed us with life?" He laughed even harder. "Can you hear what I'm thinking now?" He teased as he calmed down and I groaned.

"I can tell you what I'm thinking, what a dumb ass you are," I grumbled and he laughed sitting down, I watched him as he calmed down and shook his head.

"So where'd you get this idea from, that you hear people's thoughts?" He asked, I obviously couldn't tell him that I heard Amanah's thoughts of all the ways I apparently affect her, maybe that's a bit intrusive but I just feel proud when she compliments me in her head and then just insults me through her mouth.

I couldn't help not teasing her yesterday, her thoughts were so loud that I couldn't help but play along with her fantasies. I did find it a bit weird that she folded the same blanket over and over again, while she watched me assemble our baby's cot, I never got to thank her for letting me do that at least, I will admit I enjoyed our time spent together in the babies room and hers as well.

"Miall!" Malakhi snapped his fingers in my face. "What the hell are you dreaming of?"

"Nothing," I smiled, cocking my head to the side. "What was it you asked again?"

"Forget it, now tell me why you told mom you're coming to the border patrol and then never showed up?" Oh shit, I did say that.

"Something came up," I said simply and he tilted his head to the side.