ABL 39: Scared

Ever since I loudly confessed to Miall how much I wanted him, I'm ashamed to admit that I have been avoiding him for quite some time now.

Yes, I do talk to him but I can never be in the same space with him for too long. I always just feel as if he'll bring it up and just reject me again.

That's why it's better for me to self-reject; that way, I will avoid any type of hurt that may come from him, and I will be just okay.

I should really stop being so confident in times I certainly get the urge to be confident, because then I go around talking shit about how I'm obsessed with him.

He probably thinks my life now revolves around him. In all honesty, it does, but I don't need him knowing to what extent.

I looked up at the clock on the wall, and he isn't up yet. Another strategy of mine when it comes to avoiding Miall is waiting for him to go to his training sessions or sometimes meetings with his mom.

Now that I'm in training to become Luna, and half of all of my time I'm with Nyleve, I have some sort of knowledge of his schedule; it assists greatly when it comes to avoiding him.

Maybe he'll leave soon.

Training with Nyleve is hard shit! This stuff isn't as fun as it is portrayed to be in books, there's too much admin and I don't know if these people know, but I did not finish college.

I'm not saying I'm stupid, but I'm not exactly one of the brightest bulbs on this planet, and neither am I the dimmest, however dimmer is sometimes better than more brilliant.

However that isn't the point, Nyleve is just so educated and has hobbies and interests while I'm only a pregnant bartender, who's excellent in just that... bartending.

Even in comparison to Willow, I'm a blunt stick. She's strong, the leader of the female pack warrior and not because she's Miall's girlfriend but because she really knows how to kick ass. She really is amazing.

She's also educated, confident and has this crazy aura around her that just shows she was born to lead.

All I have going on for me here is my loud mouth and a full belly.

I checked the time again and frowned; why isn't he leaving yet? I put down my project on the couch and dragged my feet upstairs to his bedroom.

I knocked on his door, just in case, he might be naked, not that it would be that horrible of a thing to see.

When I received no response, I called out his name twice and there was still no response.

"I'm coming in," I said as I opened the door, he was still fast asleep with his arm covering his face, while the other arm was stretched out beside him.

And he was naked. How great, and I don't mean this in an I'm pleased way, but I mean it sarcastically. I threw the drape over his bottom half and touched his shoulders, shaking him softly.

"Wake up," I whispered. His chest rose as he breathed out heavily. "Come on, you'll be late for your training; wake up."

"No," he muttered. I pulled the arm he had over his face and dropped it again, although he changed direction; totally killing the idea I had in mind.

"Wake up, you big alpha. You need to go train with your people," I groaned as I tried to pull him up, but he didn't budge. "Miall, come on," I gritted, trying harder.

"I'm not going," he said like a little kid and I let go of his arm. "Stop hitting me," he grumbled as I hit his arm, trying to get him to wake up.

"So get up and go shower," I complained, trying once more to get him up. Lo and behold, I failed once again.

"I'm not going," even though he said it so calmly, it felt like it was a warning for me to leave him alone.

"Okay," I whispered, letting go of his arm. "Sorry," I muttered as I left his room. I heard a thump the moment I reached the stairs, I know I shouldn't be so worried, but I was concerned.

"Miall? Are you okay?" I called out from the other side of the door. "Miall?" I wasn't sure if he wasn't answering me because he was annoyed with me or because he couldn't hear me, maybe I am being annoying, but I don't feel too good about this.

Once again, I entered his room and found him curled up on the floor, writhing in pain. "Oh my God," I rushed to him in panic and kneeled on the ground. "What's wrong?" I asked as I placed his head on my lap. "Miall?" I choked out. Why am I crying when I'm not the one in pain?

Blood trickled down his chin from how much he was biting into his lip, "Stop hurting yourself," I breathed out as I pulled his bottom lip from his teeth. I had no idea what to do and couldn't stop crying.

My hand felt around his bedside drawer where I had seen his phone earlier. I grabbed it and quickly dialled Malakhi's number.

"Yo, you're late!" Malakhi grumbled as he went on and on about how he had to take over.

"M-m-malakhi," I stuttered as I kept fighting with Miall from biting his lip. "He's in pain-" was all I could get out.

"Amanah, what's wrong?" Malakhi sounded worried. I could hear that he had picked up pace wherever he was.

"I don't know; his eyes keep c-changing colour. He's in pain and I don't know what to do," I cried out as he bit my fingers instead of his lips. "I don't know what to do," I repeated, ignoring my fingers' pain.

I threw the phone somewhere on the ground as I raised his head to my chest and rocked us. His teeth were still buried into my fingers, but I felt comfort in knowing he wasn't hurting himself.

"Please, tell me, what's wrong?" I whispered into his hair, trying to find ways to comfort him, but I really didn't know what to do. I didn't understand if he was having a seizure or reacting to something.

All I could really do was hope Malakhi would be here soon and help him. Willow would've known what to do.

My fingers were still in between his teeth, but he wasn't biting as hard as before. It actually felt like he had fallen asleep. I moved his hair away from his face, and he closed his eyes.

He was still breathing to show that he was still alive, and I was grateful for that, but was he okay?

"Amanah!" Malakhi's voice echoed in this empty house, I shouted my response, and he rushed to where we were. "What happened?" He asked as some guys pulled Miall away from me.

"Where are you taking him?" I crawled towards the stretcher. "Who are you guys? Where are you taking him!" I tried to get up but tripped over my own feet. Malakhi caught me right before I could fall flat on my front.

"Don't worry; those are the pack doctors. They'll help him, calm down, Amanah," he said softly as he hugged me. How can he tell me to calm down when I had no idea how to help Miall!

All I could do was cry and hug him. I didn't do anything for him.

My eyes stung painfully as the images of him curled up in a ball of pain flashed in my mind; unable to form a sentence, all he did was bite deeply into his own lip.

The way his eyes changed colour scared me. Seeing both the lively colours he and Orion had look dull and dead terrified me. He was in so much pain, and I cried. How shameful.

"Amanah. Amanah," I looked up at Malakhi, who was gently shaking me.

"Hmm?"

"Let's get your hand cleaned and wrapped, okay, Luna?" I looked at the nurse who stood in front of me with a kind smile. I nodded absent-mindedly and followed him.

When he cleaned my hand, I could barely feel the antiseptics, he gently wrapped my hand in bandages, and I stared ahead.

Even though I couldn't feel anything, my heart felt like it was just drowning in pain, and not knowing what was wrong with Miall just made it all worse.

It felt like waiting. Waiting for the worst, yet it had already happened.

I'm so scared.

A/N sudden, I know. But maybe I'm building onto something 🙊😹 idk where this story is going yall. Send help!!!!