ABL 59: Our Friends

"Are you sure you're okay?" Miall asked again, holding my face in his hands, and I nodded. 

"Yes, it was just a little dream scare," I muttered, pulling his hands off my face. "What I'm not okay with is how you slept still inside me," I said as I tied my hair. 

He smiled sheepishly and ran his fingers through his hair while sliding his other hand underneath his shirt. "Are we still talking about that?"

"Well, you're still talking about how I woke up," I shrugged, and he pointed to the bruise on his chest. "Fair point."

"But seriously, what were you dreaming of when your elbow had to meet my beautifully crafted chest aggressively?" 

"Has anyone ever told you how arrogant you are?"

"No, just you," his smile was proud. "That's why you're my mate," he clasped his hands together; I'm getting married to a psychopath. 

"Do I still have a chance to run away?" I joked, and he gave me an incredulous gasp. 

"You must be out of your mind if you thought you even had a chance," he said, and I giggled, walking over to him. 

"So you lied to me when you said I could leave you?" I looked up at him, and he pouted, looking away. 

"I didn't say you could. I said if you ever leave me, you would technically still be with me," he said, folding his arms over his chest, and I nodded. 

"Orion is such a bad influence over you; is that what he's always saying in that big head of yours?" I whispered, and he dropped his hands down.

"Me! The bad influence? If anything, I am his fucking guardian angel. Do you have any idea how many children he would have running around this place right now? Not to mention who was almost his wife had I not stepped in cause- wait, you can hear us talking?" Orion stopped his rant cocking his head to the side. 

"Huh?" I acted clueless, and Orion grinned, stalking over toward me and pointing an accusing finger at me. 

"So, how long have you been able to hear us?" 

"Hear you?" Orion kissed his teeth and placed his arm over my head, staring down at me with an impressed smile. "Just a few hours," I admitted. "But man, you talk so much! Miall has to deal with you every day? You talk more than I do! You two are like a married couple; with all that bickering, it's driving me crazy already."

"Do you feel sorry for him? That hurts my feelings Amanah. I was your first friend here," he said, smiling, and I shook my head. 

"I feel sorry for myself 'cause I have to deal with both of you now and forever," I muttered, shrugging, and he laughed, throwing his head back. 

"Blessed we are," he laughed, pressing his lips on my forehead. "Well, here's your boyfriend back; he's been ringing in my ear this whole time," he rolled his eyes, and I laughed and pressed my lips on his. 

"You're my boyfriend too," I murmured against his lips, and he deepened the kiss wrapping his arms around my waist. 

"I don't like how that sounds, but I guess I can compromise," Miall said, and I giggled, pulling away from him. 

It's easy to tell them apart, Orion's voice is much deeper, and he has this crazy dominating aura around him, while Miall is my sweet marshmallow. 

"Not compromise, but live with it," I said, and he rolled his eyes before he stilled and groaned. "What's wrong?"

"We have visitors," he mumbled, and the door burst open, and he glared at the intruder. "You didn't knock," he crossed his arms over his chest, and Malakhi rolled his eyes.