ABL 70: No Secrets

As much as I would have loved to just head back home and be comforted in the sheets with Miall, I had to catch up with the best man I'd ever known.

Meeting Frank has been an enormous blessing, and I'm entirely grateful to him; I don't know how many times I'll repeat this, but Frank deserves the world and everything beautiful.

"So, how has it been going between the two of you?" Frank asked as he picked up his glass. The pub had finally died down a bit, and he was free to sit with us and enjoy a drink or two. Truthfully we had more, but who likes to look like an alcoholic?

"It's going well. We're getting married soon," I told him, and he raised his eyebrows.

"And I'm not invited?" He shouted, and I laughed.

"You're officiating, has the invite not reached your hands yet?"

"Living wherever you have insanely improved your dialect, you used to use incomplete words to form a sentence," he laughed, and I snorted.

"That's because I was always around you, but I've been upgraded to a lady if you haven't noticed," I crossed my leg over the other and pressed my head against Miall's chest.

"Who would've thought you'd get here one day? How time flies when you're not around," he said lowly as he looked out the window.

"I hope you're not getting emotional," I said, leaning forward, and he smiled, shaking his head.

"How can I not? You are progressing in life far ahead than you thought you would. Do you know how happy I am to see you want to live for tomorrow? It's incredibly beautiful," he sniffled as he pushed his hair back, I still don't get why he chose white, but it looks great on him.

"You better not cry because I didn't come here for that," I threatened as I pulled his hands into mine. "Thank you for being there for me and always pushing me to look forward to tomorrow even when it was hard. You made living better because I always wanted to see you happy and somehow meet a woman you'd want to settle down with if that's a goal."

"It is not," he quickly disagreed, and I laughed.

"Still, working for you was fun, and you're a great example of what a blessing is," I pressed my lips on his hands, and he looked away, sniffling.

"I don't know what you mean when you say working for me was fun; you've just been on maternity leave. Your job is waiting for you," he said as he pointed to the bar. "Although, since it's been long, you'd probably have to start off with the cleaning."

"No, thank you," I shook my head as I leaned back into my seat. "I'm not coming back to work here."

"You have not handed in a resignation letter of any sort, so I will see you here bright and early from next week," Frank crossed his arms over his chest. "The only reason you take advantage is because I'm not strict with you." That is true.

"She quits," Miall said, and Frank cocked his head to the side.

"Do you make decisions for her?"

"I like it when he makes decisions for me," I smiled as I looked up at Miall.

"What have you done to Amanah, you tall brute of a man? She was never like this. Did you guys feed her something wherever you're from? Amanah, if you're being forced into a cult, nod twice, and I promise I'll help you," he said, and I laughed as I hugged Miall's arm, stopping him from flipping over the table.

"We're not in a cult Frankie. We're getting married because we're in love and want to officially be a family with our kids. Even though that wasn't the intention initially when he proposed, it is now, and I'm happy about it. I want to stay with him."