ABL 64: Far Away

"I still find it crazy how fast your hair grows," I whispered as I traced my fingers over  Miall's beard.

"I don't like it," he mumbled, and I talked my finger gently on his bottom lip.

"I think it's hot," I said as I sat up. "Do you want me to help you shave?"

"Hmm, I don't think I have the time to shave it off," he said wrapping his arms around my waist and pressing his head on my lap. "So I'll keep it for some time."

I laughed while threading my fingers into his hair. Miall and Orion were similar and different in many ways, but one thing they both love to do was please me, even with the tiniest things.

"Won't it irritate you?" I asked softly and he raised his head.

"Don't worry about it, it'll be fine," he pecked my cheek and got up. "I have to go somewhere. Will you be okay alone?"

"At this time of the night?" I questioned, clutching my dress. "Where are you going?"

"I just have to go check on the borders and see if my guys are doing alright, I'll be back," he pressed his lips on mine and smiled softly. "Love you," he whispered and I smiled.

"Love you too, don't be out too long," I said and he laughed as he jogged out of the bedroom. I laid on my back and sighed while looking up at the sky, sometimes I wish there wasn't a skylight here...it just makes me think a lot more.

I drifted to sleep easily to my surprise despite my busy mind, but I do wish Miall was next to me. It would've been a warmer sleep, actually a hot one considering how close he always wants to be.

I walked into the large hallways with a cloudy mind. I can hear people all around me, yet I see no one. The archways to my right all lead to separate rooms however, I can't seem to go through them, making the only path I can walk on straight.

It feels oddly familiar in this place, almost like the exam hall but it isn't. The architecture resembles that exam hall, including the bricks they used and the finishes, although this one seems to be in excellent condition.

"It's about time we met," a woman said from my left and I jumped raising my fists, I blame Frankie. She smiled kindly and giggled. "My apologies."

"Who are you?" I asked, and she moved to stand in front of me; the change of rooms didn't go missed by me. We stood in the centre and a throne was right in front of us. The chair was decorated in glittery ornaments, the rhinestones were embedded in the feet of the throne, leading up to the armrests.

"It's beautiful, isn't it?" She asked, staring at the throne. "It belonged to my mother, and her mother and so forth. I'm the only one who hasn't sat on it for my full term."

She reminded me of someone, yet I can't pinpoint where I'd seen her before.

"Again, who are you?" I asked and she smiled walking towards the throne. I followed her and she stood abruptly and turned to face me.

"You're going to give birth soon, congratulations," she bared her teeth once again, looking at my belly. "Orion must be pleased, I can only imagine how crazy he's going to be over his child. It might definitely be worse than last time," she whispered with a distant look on her face.

"Last time?" I asked, and she looked at me, grinning again.

"You asked who I was; my question to you is why have you been ignoring me?" She asked, tilting her head to the side.

"It almost seems like you're ignoring me too," I answered, and she laughed.

"Yes but I've shown myself to you a few times, and you say you're hallucinating or you call me a dream scare," she air quoted and I raised my eyebrows.