ABL 11: Doctor's Check-up.

I sat on the couch waiting for Miall to arrive, my knees bobbed up and down as I sat on my hands bored, Nyleve couldn't wait with me because she had a pack meeting to get to which Miall could be excused for because she's there.

This packhouse was weird, it was divided into two sections, Nyleve's house and the literal packhouse. She said she wanted it that way because then she would be able to have access to everyone who would need her, she was such a mother to everyone and it was cute.

"I hope I didn't keep you waiting long?" Miall said as he walked in looking frustrated already.

"No?" I asked getting up, I smoothed down my skirt and put my arms behind my back looking up at him. "Mom went to the pack meeting," I said to him as he looked around.

"Oh, the pack meeting," he whispered, threading his fingers through his hair. "I totally forgot about that," he said and I had no idea how to respond to that.

"She said she will fill in for you," I said slowly, this was awkward. Just because I slept with the man didn't mean I knew how to talk to him. "Are you ready to go?" I asked awkwardly.

"Oh yes, let's go," he said and led to the door, he seemed out of place and exhausted.

"So how are we going to get there? Am I going to ride on your back or something?" I asked playfully and he looked at me from the corner of his eye. "I'm joking," I whispered, looking away. For some reason I thought he wouldn't be able to take a joke like Orion would, when he started cackling, I looked at him surprised.

"That's actually a good one," he sighed and touched his head. "Pretty good," he said, shoving his hands in his pockets. "But she isn't that far, so I hope you're okay with walking?" He asked, looking at me and I smiled nodding.

"I don't mind," I said, following behind him. He was huge, broad shoulders almost as wide as my arms spread out, I did try to see if he was that big but research proved otherwise.

"Why are you walking behind me?" He asked, looking at me and I quickly fell in step with him.

"I thought it would be better for you," I muttered, pushing my hands under my shirt.

"Why?"

"You don't like me right?" I answered and he stopped.

"I don't like you?"

"From the way you are with me, it seems so," I shrugged, walking forward and he pulled me back. "What is it?"

"We turn left here," he said grumbling. "And in what way do I act when I am with you?" He asked, seeming confused and I sighed.

"You're impatient, it seems it takes time for you to understand that I don't know anything that's happening to me or around me and not everything is my fault," I said briefly.

"I never said anything is your fault Amanah," he said and I rolled my eyes.

"Well you act that way," I muttered and he grabbed me by my shoulders and made me look at him.

"It wasn't my intention to make it seem as if it's your fault all of this is happening, I played a part in-" he pointed between us. "This happening and I haven't been acting like it's my responsibility and I apologise," he said and I had no idea if he meant it but it seemed genuine.

"Alright," I said ready to continue on our path but he still held onto me.

"But I just need to clarify something with you," he said and I stared into his purple eyes waiting for him to finish what he needed to say. "I'm in love with Willow."

"Okay?" I answered confused, I knew he wasn't interested in me, and I knew he was mad about Willow, but I never tried to get in between them, ever. Well except for the time I stopped her from kissing him, and probably the time I slept with him, but I didn't know he had a woman waiting for him.

"I mean it, Amanah," he said, shaking me softly and I nodded.

"Okay Miall, I'm glad," I assured him that I didn't really care about them, at least I convinced myself that bit.

"So can you please stop hanging out with Orion?" He asked and that's when my heart dropped. Orion was kind of the only friend I had here, even though he could be possessive at times, I still loved hanging out with him.

"You should tell Orion that," I whispered. "Can you please let go of my shoulders now?" I asked him and he let go.

"He probably won't listen to me, so if he does come around can you tell him?" He asked and I could feel my throat start to close up as I tried my best not to cry.

"Okay," I said sniffling. "Do we continue straight?" I asked him. I want to cry so badly, but I am not about to cry in front of him or because of him.

"Actually we're here," he said, pointing to the building that I didn't see in front of me. He opened the door for me and I walked through and followed him to the reception.

"Do you know where the restrooms are?" I asked him and the nurse directed me, I left him by the reception area filling in the details he could. I honestly couldn't hold it in anymore, I needed to cry. I used the first empty stall I found and completely broke down.

Of course, people would think I'm overreacting, but I felt like this was too heavy for me not to cry over. Yes, I've only known Orion for a few days but he's made me feel at home and wanted, I know Nyleve and Malakhi treat me like family too but with Orion it's different.

"Are you crying, love?" A soft voice asked in a British accent and I looked at the door wiping my tears. "Look I know it can be quite difficult adjusting to the new change you and your mate have to go through, but I'm sure you both will get it sorted out no?" I sniffled trying to understand where she was going with this.

"How about this? You and your mate can come in regularly to talk to me if you find it hard, I'd be more than glad to help you," she said and I opened the door and looked at the woman, she was magnificent! Light blue eyes in contrast to her brown skin, and she had her hair tied up in a bun, let me not exclude the fact that she was tall, it seems like every woman here was. "You're human aren't you?"

"Yes, and you're...British?" I asked, confused and she smiled.

"Ah, I forgot the accent tends to spill out. I'm actually Niozan, but I studied medicine in Britain for plus-minus fifty years," she said with a proud smile, putting her arms on her waist.

"Fifty years?" I asked stunned, she didn't even look anywhere near her forties.

"Yes, I'm only a hundred and ten," she said as if that was young! "But in 'human' years, I am thirty-two... I stopped ageing when I turned thirty-two," she explained and I slowly nodded, why is she telling me all this? Woah, I wonder how old Miall is.

"You look younger," I whispered and she smiled, throwing her arm over my shoulder.

"I am, looks like you stopped crying," she said as she handed me a handkerchief and I dabbed it under my eyes.

"Yeah, you successfully distracted me with all those years of experience and your blue eyes," I said. "You're really gorgeous," I said and she held her cheeks.

"Thank you, I'm Anin by the way," she said, extending her hand.

"I'm Amanah, why aren't you freaking out about me being a human on an alien planet?" I asked and she gave me that really look.

"Because that isn't my position, Amanah, a beautiful name by the way and besides, Luna Nyleve already called me about the special woman carrying her grandchild who will be coming today, I'm guessing that is you right? Because I saw Alpha Miall out there," she rolled her eyes.

"You don't like him?"