ABL 21: The Welcoming

I sat in the kitchen watching Nyleve argue with Miall. It was always comical to see them behave this way and it was all because of me, as I recall the day this conversation began, a smile creeps its way onto my face.

Michael's session with me had just ended and it was time for him to leave. Nyleve had just entered the house around thirty minutes ago fuming, something that happened at the council's meeting that she didn't want me hearing about but I didn't mind, I wasn't interested.

I helped Michael pack up his stationary while Miall, Malakhi and Nyleve whispered in the kitchen. I admit I wasn't interested but it just felt so taboo to see them whispering.

"So, what are they saying?" I leaned in closer to Michael, so maybe I am a tad bit interested.

"Oh no, that wouldn't be respectful of me to listen in on their conversation," he said blushing embarrassedly and I rolled my eyes.

"Look it's not listening in on their conversation if you can hear them, which I presume you do right?" I questioned and he scratched his neck. "I don't know much about your species besides what I learnt in the movies," I said and he chuckled.

"Your movies aren't as correct as they seem to be, but I would say you have some sort of an idea about us," he confirmed and I nodded my head. "And no, I can't overthrow Miall, even if I tried when he's thousands of years old," he said and I opened my mouth shocked.

"That isn't what I was thinking," I said shaking my head, fuck how did he know? He laughed it off and carried his backpack.

"I could see it in your eyes, you and your mate, the alpha have a very playful relationship," he said and I shook my head way too quickly I felt as if I was having whiplash.

"He isn't my mate, as far as I'm concerned, I do not have one and thank God and all of the beautiful heavens that he isn't my mate," I said and Michael looked confused.

"Then how-" he stared at my belly and Nyleve came rushing in and held his shoulder in a motherly manner.

"Michael, thank you so much for coming at such short notice, I'm sure Amanah had fun learning with you today?" She asked, looking at me and I smiled happily.

"So much fun, and I am excited to learn more about everything soon. Michael is amazing," I said and she beamed happily.

"Excellent news, I knew I made a great choice by choosing you!"

"I'm grateful you chose me," he bowed to her and she waved her hand stopping him from bowing.

"We all know she chose you because the other historians are old horny perverts and you pose as a-"

"Malakhi!" Nyleve snapped at him and he looked like he had a moment of realisation and cleared his throat as he stood up straight.

"And you pose as an excellent tutor for our amazing Amanah," he said pointing to me, Miall and I cocked my head to the side at the moment that just passed between Nyleve and Malakhi.

"Well, I'm honoured to be showered by the compliments. But I should leave now for the welcoming party for the new pack members, I trust that I will see you all there?"

"Welcoming party?" I piqued. "That sounds fun," I admitted sadly.

"Will you not be coming?" Michael asked and Nyleve answered for me looking disappointed as well.

"She can't come as of yet because the pack doesn't know about her, and since it needs alpha's approval for something to be organised for her, we are yet to hear what he says about this," Nyleve gave Miall a pointed look and he huffed crossing his arms over his chest.

"It was never requested," he answered gruffly and Nyleve snarled.

"That's because you don't want to welcome her."

"I never said that," his voice coming out an octave higher matching his mother's.

"Of course, you just want to be fed everything in order to do something, aren't you alpha!"

"Maybe you should go," I said to Michael flinching as the mother and son hashed it out on roles and how irresponsible he is and how he still has a long way to go. "Enjoy the party," I waved.

"Mh, see you next week."

"-Malakhi, don't you think so?" The fruit that was halfway into Malakhi's mouth paused as he stared at them, the poor lad didn't want to choose sides and I could clearly see it.

"Oh no, Anin is calling me. See you later!"

And that's how Malakhi was able to remove himself from the conversation that has successfully dragged itself into the next week, I stared at the both of them as I listened in on stories that apparently happened years ago that seemingly fermented his behaviour today.

"Mother, I am tired of having this conversation with you every time I come around," Miall groaned as he sat down in front of me, he massaged his temples and his eyes twitched in annoyance. So hot.

"Then say you will allow a welcoming party for Amanah! She's carrying your child, hence she is a part of this pack," Nyleve gave her last blow and Miall turned to me and I was struck as I stared at him, fuck, now is it my turn? But yes, I enjoy him looking at me, even when it's an utterly disappointed look, I love it.

"Do you want a welcoming party!?" He asked pointedly and I looked at both of them.

"Uhm sure?" I answered and he raised his hands.

"See mother, she doesn't want-wait? Did you say sure?" He asked as if he wasn't expecting me to agree.

"Yes," I said more confidently and Nyleve looked satisfied and proud. "I would like to have a welcoming party," I stood up next to Nyleve.

"Fuck," he whispered. "You might as well just ask me to marry you," he said sarcastically and I leaned in closer to him.

"Is it an offer?" I asked and he jumped.

"Would you stop standing so close! Have you heard of personal space?" I bit my lip to stop myself from laughing, an unexpecting Miall was my favourite.

"I thought you liked it without space between us?" I teased and he looked fluttered as he got up.

"Geez Amanah, my mother is right there," he said and I giggled. Why was this Miall so entertaining?

"I'm not oblivious to that topic," Nyleve commented and I burst out laughing as Miall looked extremely embarrassed, covering his eyes.

"MOM!"

"Please, how do you think you were made?" Nyleve rolled her eyes as she left. "The party will be this weekend!"

Yay!

I'M SORRY, Last week I had 3 submissions and my laptop was not working well with me, the breakdowns of the early a.ms aren't as awesome as some books make them to be, *I just didn't have ice cream plus its winter* BUT I am dedicating these chapters to JhennyDuval [thank you for your amazing support❤] and HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY SWEET LOVE Anitamolungu 💕💕