ABL 72: Found In Each Other

Amanah sat in the middle of the huge bedroom as her stylist tied up her hair in a head wrap. She couldn't believe how much time had passed, today, they were officially getting married in front of the pack, and she couldn't be more excited.

Tradition in Nioz was entirely different from what happened on Earth. She hadn't seen Miall in a week, which was custom; it brought luck and goodwill into the marriage. Nyleve was adamant about culture being followed regardless of Amanah not believing in these myths.

Amanah turned her head to the left and grimaced at the heavy garments they called a wedding dress. Everything was completely different from the time she was pregnant; what used to be light dresses suddenly became heavier because of all the jewels that accompanied the outfit.

The red colour dress, highlighted in gold patterns, awaited Amanah as she completed her wedding look. As nervous as she was, she was completely excited and couldn't wait to be around Miall again.

The week was exhausting for her, considering all the preparations that had to be done. Nyleve took her to a sanctuary for newlywed Luna, where she had to soak in the clearest water she had ever seen. In this cave, rocks were formed in odd shapes, and Nyleve explained it as past Luna's having their spirits resting here; at first, Amanah thought it was creepy, but the longer she stayed in the water, she found it peaceful.

After the long hours of soaking in that sanctuary, she then had to be patterned all over her body, excluding her face. This was another custom in the Niozian culture; they believed the temporary tattoos would enforce her loyalty and love to her mate. Had she ever thought of another man with more love than she did for Miall, then the tattoos would burn themselves into her skin even after they have long disappeared.

Of course, Nyleve proved this false, but to calm the elder's anxiety, she encouraged Amanah to go for it.

Amanah's baby cooed behind her on the bed, and she got up excitedly as she picked her up. "Hi, baby girl," she whispered, kissing her cheek. "Mommy's getting married today," she said as she blew bubbles onto her cheek.

Maniah yawned and smiled as soon as she noticed it was her mother carrying her. At just five months, she had already been trying to crawl, and Amanah felt like it was too soon. Kye had already started walking and running after Miall; it seemed like they were both in a rush to grow up.

"You also have to get changed, my baby," Amanah said as she hugged her daughter. Maniah placed her small chubby hands on Amanah's face and stared at her quietly; Amanah pouted, making her daughter giggle.

"You two will be very close when she grows up," her stylist said as she packed away her bags filled with makeup.

"She's only acting this way with me because she hasn't seen her father today; if she could talk, she'd beg me to go to him," Amanah laughed as she kissed Maniahs neck, enticing giggles from her.

"What can we say? Daughters will always be daddy's little girls," the stylist laughed. Nyleve burst through the doors with her head held high. Amanah always had goosebumps whenever she'd see Nyleve.

Such highness and authority could only be pulled off by Nyleve. And how gorgeous she looked in her ankle-length dresses would leave any woman wanting to look like her when they reach her age.

"Luna," the stylist greeted, bowing, and Nyleve smiled kindly, nodding.

"You must get dressed; the ceremony will start soon per Miall's request. He says he's tired of waiting since it's been so long since you last saw each other," Nyleve smiled as she took Maniah from Amanah's arms. "It's only been a week."

"A week too long; how did he look? Does he look okay? Has he been taking care of himself? Did he lose weight?" Amanah rambled, and Nyleve waved her hand.