In his shadow

Seungmin took his seat on Yunho's right to the older's surprise.

-Enjoy the view?

-I'm staying here to make sure you pilot in the right direction.

Yunho snorted which annoyed Seungmin even more.

-I understand why would you think I am going to kill you all in a plane crash, but I won't disobey Seonghwa hyung's order. Besides, I wasn't the one that blew up your van.

-Can't argue with that, Seungmin rolled his eyes.

-Is Jongho's, isn't it? Yunho spoke again, receiving a confused look from Seungmin.

-What?

-The jacket. Is Jongho's. Yeosang gave it to him when he became part of the Mafia.

Seungmin didn't know that, so he remained silent and let Yunho continue.

-Jongho and Yeosang are very close. I believe they understand each other since they both hide their emotions.

-He used to be more talkative tho, Seungmin uttered.

-I guess he took you as his model.

Changbin was looking out the window, occasionally watching the birds passing by.

He saw Seungmin's phone on the table and he was so tempted to check who Seungmin talked to the day before.

He needed to know. The curiosity was eating him alive.

He felt Seungmin's phone vibrating and panicked, almost dropping it.

There was an unknown number.

-Bin?

Changbin put the phone behind him and calmed down before raising his gaze to Seungmin.

-Yeah?

-Have you seen my phone?

Changbin pretended to look under the seats.

-There it is! It must have fallen, he said handing it to his boyfriend.

Seungmin looked at the screen and called back that number right in front of Changbin.

-Hello? You did? That's great!

His mood changed in a second and his eyes lit up with hope. He took a piece of paper and started writing a phone number on it.

-Yes! Thank you so much! I owe you.

-Who was it? Changbin asked receiving no answer from Seungmin.

Now he was pissed. What was Seungmin hiding from him? Was it the thing he didn't want to tell Chan? He needed to know.

Seungmin returned to his seat next to Yunho who gave him a side gaze.

-Problems in paradise?

-Kind of.

-Are you keeping secrets from him? Yunho raised an eyebrow.

-Is not his business. Neither yours.

-Very well.

Jisung went to the bathroom and knock three times at the door.

After a few moments of silence, he found Felix in it, sitting on the floor and staring at his phone screen with his earphones blocking any exterior noise.

-Lix!

The latter jumped scared when he saw Jisung standing in front of him.

-Are you watching porn?

-No! I...

Jisung didn't wait for an explanation and just grabbed the phone from his hands.

-What's this? I know people have weird kinks, but a doll?

-That's a ventriloquist, Ji. He is Changmin, an old friend from the circus. He is in Europe right now with the circus on a world tour. I just wanted to see how is he doing.

-Why in the bathroom?

-Hyunjin doesn't like the idea of the circus. He thinks is too dangerous for me. I just miss it a lot.

-Hyunjin loves you, Felix.

-I know he does. But it's just...I feel trapped. Like in a cage. He won't let me go reach my potential. And I have to live...

-In his shadow, Jisung cut off Felix. Yeah... Minho hyung does the same. I feel like in a leash. My ex-boyfriend used to make me feel vulnerable and weak. I needed him to walk me to my classroom or even to the bathroom. He was my shield. And it was toxic. The moment he hurt me, I understood I need to fight my own battles. I don't think Minho hyung realizes it, but he does the same. The difference is that... I won't let go of him. I will grow stronger. Like Jeongin. I trust him with my heart that he is safe and alive.

-Do you really think Innie is fine?

-You can bet, Jisung smiled at Felix.

Felix returned to his seat where Hyunjin was passed out on the chair.

He sat down and placed his head on top of the older's chest to hear his heartbeats.

He loved him so much and he felt so safe in his embrace. But safe was not in his nature. And he couldn't find the words to tell Hyunjin that.

Jisung went to his seat and saw Minho sleeping, his head resting on his hand.

At first, he thought of how cute the view of his boyfriend sleeping peacefully was.

But then he realized...he was sleeping. He fell asleep without Jisung next to him.

Did that mean he was getting better? Or... No, he couldn't, right? He couldn't. He wouldn't.

Jisung just needed to sniff the smell, so he would tell if Minho started again.

However, the moment he came closer, Minho's eyes blinked open and Jisung's face got all red.

-What are you doing?

-Just admiring you, Jisung said, his facial expressions changing into a soft look.

Chan was watching his members, all paired up and cuddly on the seats.

He felt so lonely. A day without Jeongin managed to mess him up.

Two years ago, that seemed impossible for the mighty Chan. Now he was just empty.

He didn't have any assurance that he would find the boy. Or that he would be alive. He didn't have any assurance that the last time he held his hand was actually the last one. He didn't know if he would see that smile ever again.

That was killing him inside.

Suddenly, the plane shook, waking up everyone.

-Please tell me those are turbulences, Seungmin said holding on to his dear life to the chair.

-You guys keep forgetting you are in Mafia now. Seonghwa hyung has Enemies everywhere. Including in air.

-You got to be kidding me, Seungmin looked at Yunho, disgusted by the calmness he was showing on his face.

_____________________________
So many secrets... I wonder how the team will react when those are revealed.... or maybe our little traitor will do it and create more problems.

Thank you for reading!