Falling apart

-Isn't it wonderful? Your uncle left us all his money!

-He left Jeongin all his money, the husband corrected.

-Same thing. We are rich! the woman shouted in excitement.

Little Jeongin was crying his eyes out in the corner of the room. He was devastated. His favorite person in the world passed away due to chronic disease.

-I wanna go after him! I wanna go with him! he said climbing up the window.

He looked down and saw a way to join his uncle. He was willing to do it.

-Don't do it... If you die now, you won't meet Chris. You won't save his life. Don't die!

-Who are you? the kid looked confused at the grown-up version of himself.

Adult Jeongin kneeled down and smiled.

-I am you. You that didn't jump. You that lived long enough to study medicine and learn how to save people. Because of our uncle.

-Are you happy?

-I was.

-Then why did you die?

Jeongin's smile dropped. He backed off and gulped in fear.

-Because I wanted to help. The kid nodded before getting lost in the mist.

Jeongin looked around and found himself inside the void.

-That's it, I guess, he said with tears building up in his eyes.

-What did I tell you, Innie? a voice sent shivers down Jeongin's spine. Hyungie won't let you get hurt.

-I'm not mad at you, hyung. Just confused, Jeongin turned around to face the older.

-But Innie... You're not dead.

-I'm not?

-No. Of course not. Just wake up.

Jeongin's eyes open wide as his back arched on the hospital bed like. His hands were connected through wires who were sucking the blood out of him.

-You're awake. Finally, Ravn said. Congratulations, Jeongin! You survived the antidote. Now we just need to recreate it using your blood and save Keonhee. Your mission ends here.

-Then why am I still here?

-Because boss still wants Jisung.

Le Château D'apigne Hotel, France

-Why am I here? Seungmin asked suspicious.

-Because we need a sniper. Boss asked me to train you, Hyunjin replied spinning the gun in his hand.

-No. I'm not doing it. I already told him.

-Does it look like a game to you? He is our leader. It was an order.

-An order I choose to ignore.

-Cause you are so busy with your traitor theories. This is serious, Seungmin! We need a sniper.

-I won't be Jeongin's replacement! Why are you behaving like he's dead? I won't take his place! He is our sniper! He is our friend! No one can replace him! Seungmin yelled his lungs out.

Hyunjin was left aback. He didn't know how to react.

Seungmin snatched the gun from Hyunjin's hands and aimed a shot while his gaze never left the older's.

A loud bang and pieces of glass hitting the floor startled him.

He looked back and saw Jisung with what was supposed to be a glass of water.

Seungmin hit the target without even looking at it.

-You teaching me? Seungmin snorted. Jeongin taught me enough, he bumped into Hyunjin's shoulder and left the room.

Jisung crouched down and started picking up the shattered glass off the ground.

He cut himself, watching the blood staining the hotel floor.

-Jisung! Are you alright? Felix came in a rush with a towel.

-We're falling apart, aren't we? he asked demoralized.

Felix didn't have the answer. He wasn't talking to Hyunjin, so he couldn't promise Jisung that everything was gonna be fine. He couldn't lie.

Seungmin stormed into the other room and met with Changbin who was unpacking.

He opened his mouth to say something, but every thought stuck in his throat.

-Hey! We're not done! Hyunjin shouted.

-Look, just because your boyfriend doesn't let you do him anymore it doesn't mean you can focus your anger on me.

-That was a reckless move, Hyunjin pointed towards the other room. You could have hurt Jisung.

-Talks the king of reckless, Seungmin rolled his eyes.

-Does it feel good to hide behind that sarcasm?

-Hey! Stop it, you two! Changbin placed his hands on each's chest to keep them separated.

-I don't need your help, Seungmin backed off. I don't need anyone's help. Why the fuck am I here? You're all yelling at me and giving me orders.

-Because you don't listen!

-Do you hear yourself, maniac? God, how did Jeongin cope with you? Try to control yourself. If you can't, then kill me already!

-Hey! Seungmin, don't talk like that! Changbin stepped between them.

-Why not? Clearly, I make things worse. I should just die. Why was I even born? My parents didn't want me. No one ever wanted me. Why couldn't they just kill me? Spare me from misery. Why did they make me in the first place? Why did they leave me? he shrieked while sliding down the wall, warm tears covering his cheeks.

Hyunjin froze when he saw Seungmin crying. He went too far.

Changbin kneeled down to engulf Seungmin in a hug, but the younger rejected him and locked himself in the bathroom.

-They should be here in a few minutes, Chan checked his clock. I was surprised that you came with me. I thought you wanted to stay with Jisung.

-He doesn't look me in the eyes, Minho replied, leaning on a bench.

-Are you alright? You look pale.

-I'm fine. Take care of yourself before playing the nurse with me. Seems like you haven't slept in a while.

-How could I?

-Want some pills?

-Not yet, buddy, Chan moved his gaze back to the road.

Yeosang and Jongho came in a black car. They were a little late since they were coming directly from another mission. Seonghwa was giving them a hard time, but they were the most efficient members.

-Thank you for coming! Chan forced a smile and shook their hands. I'm sure Seungmin will be thrilled to see you, Chan told Jongho. Good to see you again, Yeosang! the older recalled the moment he met Yeosang and Wooyoung.

-Always entertaining to bump into you, Bang Chan, Yeosang said. I heard Wooyoung was sent to help you too.

-Didn't have time to chat tho.

-Knowing you, that's hard to believe.

Suddenly a strong sound made all three whipped their heads towards Minho who was unconscious on the concrete.

-Minho!