Fun Facts

The story suffered quite a few modifications throughout the writing process, so here a few fun facts about it:

1. The sequel idea came after numerous readers pointed out how the Freeze MV reminded them of Wine (also Don't stop by Ateez)

2. Other countries were supposed to be shown like Italy, Switzerland, China and even Egypt

3. Minho and Hyunjin were meant to go on a mission as Kitty and Lucky

4. (G)i-dle had a way bigger role in the story, helping Stray Kids take the sarcophagus back to Egypt

5. All BTS and Oneus had planned their backstories. Hoseok's got eventually deleted because I felt like I couldn't do it with all of them (there is a mention of his past in the Itzy chapter)

6. Minho was originally the only traitor. Felix and Jisung were late addictions to the plan

7. Felix's reveal was so much simple. He would just casually drop the hints and watch Hyunjin realize right in time for Changbin's awakening.

8. Seungmin shows throughout the book how much he cares for his members. However, he's the closest with Jeongin and the kidnapping affects him more than he shows

9. With Jeongin gone, Hyunjin was the one meant to treat their wounds, yet Seungmin claimed that role when Hyunjin got attacked by the tiger

10. Both Seungmin's parents were to find Seungmin and curse him. Chan would have kicked them out.

11. Another planned scene was with Seungmin and Minho going to the car cemetery to search for pieces for a new car

12. There was a Flashback planned with police officer Minho following Jisung

13. There was also a scene with Yeji and Hyunjin boxing (he knew Itzy were protecting the traitor)

14. The bridge scene was very different. Seungmin would have been infected before and when he woke up the members would have lied to him and hide what happened to Changbin to protect him

15. Yeji would have made a speech on Jisung and Ryujin being non-binary

16. Chan knew about Seungmin and BamBam's encounter (it was supposed to be revealed that their encounter was the reason why Seungmin made it to the team)

17. After Minho opened his bar, Jisung actually found a job to teach the kids at the orphanage chemistry

18. Minho takes his name from Jisung (Han Yejun) as a proof he's done everything for him

19. Jisung's eating disorder episodes were inspired by my experience as I teenager that tried to lose weight throughout the years

20. The France arc was made with the help of my ex girlfriend to whom I am very thankful to

21. I myself cried while writing various scenes

22. Minho's character development was a shock for me as well. The characters grew himself to the point it felt natural to write him like this

23. The fanfic approaches a significant amount of issues and subject that seemed really risky

24. The ending is sweet-sour, made to show the hardships and cruel reality of growing up. While Wine's ending was full of hope and teenage-like promises, Poison gives a new more mature perspective.

25. Each relationship shows an issue that couples must overcome: distance (Jeongchan), inability to communicate (Hyunlix), trust (Seungbin), addiction (Minsung). The truth is that love ain't no walk in the park. I have observed several people around me. True love comes in several forms and means so many things. Splitting up doesn't automatically mean the love is gone. And if it does happen, we should not vinallize the other without considering our part of blame as well. Hyunlix are the more mature because they accepted who they are and decided to work on themselves for the sake of each other. If this is love, I don't know what is.

26. The ending was initially very different

27. The 6 years skip was supposed to be a 5 years mission in Hong Kong with the team split in two

28. Jisung would have actually given Daehyun to adoption since their missions were too dangerous for the kid (I have a whole scene written in drafts with them reunited and Jisung seeing how good care Daehyun's adopting family takes care of him)

29. While writing this story I had several doubts about it. All seemed messy and forced to me. Now I know why. Why Wine was so well received while Poison was in its shadow. Wine, Praise me, Roses... my top well-received stories were made by pure passion. Were stories made for myself. For fun. Poison became a burden halfway through and became a constant fear of disappointing people or disrespecting them. Every chapter had to he perfect and that killed it. I love and will always love Poison for its messages and mess. Because it's mine. But I learned this lesson and from now on my stories will follow no pattern. I won't kill my spirit to please others. These stories, whether people make fun of me or not for writing them, are who am I and I am proud of them. Thank you for reading my book! I hope you received it well and that I managed to send the messages I wanted to. The possibility of a third is still unsure, but if it's to happen, I hope it will be worthy of its predecessors. I am so grateful for your support and for letting me live a bit of my dream!

30. I honestly didn't think I would finish the book. This whole year was a mess: the university, I got backstabbed by two friends (with one I reconciled, with the other I cut ties forever), I got my heart broken, I had breakdowns and panic attacks weekly and I a lot to take in by myself.

31. I have been working on different projects lately and among them is a book version of Wine with every Stray Kids member given a different name and with the writing style adapted for a real life book. I am still trying to get it together, but please look forward to it!

Thank you for your support!!!