Love ≠ Trust

Flashback from Madrid

-I don't wanna do this anymore. We're hurting them. I can't lie to Hyunjin, Felix confessed.

-But we need you! Jisung got up. We have to take Baekhyeon down! After all he's done to us...

-Jisung, take it easy, Minho put his hand on his lover's shoulder.

-What side are you on?

-On the one that keeps us all safe and doesn't force anyone to do what they don't want to. I can handle this, Minho stepped forward towards Felix. Listen, I understand. Me and Jisung are together in this, but if I were in your shoes I wouldn't want to lie to him. But remember why you accepted to do this in the first place. You wanted to feel free again. That man is still here, he pointed to Felix's forehead. He's living there rent free because you let him. Do you wanna escape him? Break the chains?

-I don't wanna do it this way, Felix teared up.

-I'm afraid there is no another way. We will finish the plan with or without you. It's your decision what will you do, but please don't say a word about it to the others.

Felix nodded and gulped, trying to think of what to do.

A few days later

-Are you sure the antidote is good? Was it wise to send it to Jeongin this early?

-Trust me. No one beats me at chemistry. It's perfect, Jisung smirked. You worry too much, he leaned down and placed a kiss on top of Minho's head.

The latter had his glasses on and was studying under the faded light of the lamp all the articles about the Black Butterfly, all the District missing cases and all the possibilities to make the plan work.

He was exhausted, yet he couldn't stop. He was doing it for Jisung and Felix. He had to keep going.

A knock sent shivers down his spine.

He was ready to throw everything under the desk when the door revealed Felix.

-You scared us, Minho sighed. What's wrong, Yongbok?

-You were right. This is the only way, he smiled with tears in his eyes.

-What happened? Jisung hoped off the desk and went to hug the younger.

-I wanted to test Hyunjin. To see if he trusts me or not. So I put the circus flyer in his pocket.

-He hid it, Jisung figured out.

-He doesn't trust me, Felix sobbed.

-He loves you, Minho added.

-That's not what I said.

-It's okay, Jisung patted his back. It will be okay.

-I'm sorry I doubted you, Minmin hyung. I'm in. I wanna take a hold of my life. I wanna kill the man that destroyed my life.

-Take a seat. We have a long way to go, Minho replied.

Back to the circus

-Felix? Is that you?

-Changmin?

-Oh my God, I thought you were dead! Come here! he hugged the freckled. I thought boss killed you. We found him dead and you were missing and we didn't know what happened.

-That may have been my fault, Chan rubbed his nape. I kind of killed him.

-Kind of? Minho raised an eyebrow. Didn't you put a bullet in his head?

-Same thing, Chan shrugged.

-What happened to you? Felix looked at the other familiar faces.

-A guy came and said he owns us. Bae... Ba...

-Baekhyeon!

-That! Yes! He said he is in charge and forced us to perform in many countries to make money for him.

-That's how he has so much money, Seungmin linked the dots.

-We know he is lying, but we can't do anything. He's too powerful.

-Wait what? What do you mean he is lying? Chan asked.

-He is not the right owner of the circus. Kevin sneaked into his room and found a stack of papers. Contracts. One between Mister William and two former circus performers. They agreed to use William as the face of the circus while they were performing and ruling from inside. After their demise, the circus would automatically go to their kid. Felix, it's you. It's your circus! Changmin gripped on Felix's shoulders.

-Wha-what? the younger replied scared.

-You are the owner. William couldn't stand giving up the money, so he cut the ropes and took off the safety net. He killed your parents and used you as his next moneymaker.

-That's why he wanted to get rid of you as fast as possible... You were the competition...Chan gasped.

-Mom and dad died... because of him? warm tears started streaming down his face. And his nephew did that to me! They both- Felix's voice cracked as he felt an unbearable pain settling inside his chest. It's all their fault! he cried out loud.

Minho engulfed him into a hug and shielded his head as he cried in the older's shirt until it became soaked in salty tears.

-Minho.

The latter turned to Chan.

-We follow your plan. Just tell us what to do.

-Put up some latex, leader. We have a show to prepare.

Baekhyeon's hideout

-They are here? How did they- It doesn't matter... I'll kill every single one anyway. Starting with my precious butterfly. I'll rip off his wings and crush his soul for good, Baekhyeon started laughing like a maniac. And you! Incompetents! That's what you are! One more mistake and I use your heads to play football.

Leedo wanted to kick him, but Ravn grabbed his sleeve and stopped him.

Leedo looked at his leader confused while Ravn kept his head up.

-We understand, he bowed. It won't happen again. We apologise.

After Baekhyeon left the room, Leedo started screaming at Ravn.

-What the hell was that? I could have killed him. We would have been freed.

-He's infected. You would have caught it too. He's dying and he doesn't even know it.

-How do you know? Leedo's expression turned into shock.

-Keonhee talked to Jeongin. It will be over soon. Let's trust these people. Have patience.