Chapter 6 - Mumma

Coming back in a few minutes he handed her a check of 10 lakhs .....

She was shocked to see this

Nandini : What is this....

Manik : Its for saving your orphanage....

Nandini : But I can't take it like that Manikji......and how could you trust me so easily...... I might be lying.......

Manik : No Nandini you aren't lying

Nandini : And how could you say that?

Manik : Because your eyes are the true reflection of your soul Nandini and they are telling that you are not lying and you need the money this time.......

She smiled warmly at him.....

Nandini : But.....

Manik : Just take it as a friend Nandini.....

She took the check and said.....

Nandini : OK I am agreeing to you but I'll pay back your money soon....

Manik : Its not needed Nandini...... and anyways today morning I had came for donations na so take it thinking that......

Nandini : I am so grateful to you Manikji...... I'll do anything you ask for..... Thank you so much for the help.....

Manik smiled at her.....

Manik : Okay now you sit I'll be back keeping the mugs in the kitchen.....

Nandini : okay...... Let me also help you Manikji....

Manik : No that's not needed Nandini....

Nandini : No Manikji I'll do it.....

Saying this she took the mugs and went in the direction of kitchen from where she had seen him coming bringing coffee.....

Manik also came behind her.....

Placing the mugs in the sink she turned to him.....

Nandini : see done.....

Manik : (smiled and said) Not done yet Nandini.....

Saying this he came towards the basin and started washing the mugs.....

Nandini was shocked seeing his down to earth nature.....

Nandini : Its impressive Manikji..... Being the no. 1 Business tycoon also you are washing the used mugs by yourself......

Saying this she also came to him and took her mug and started washing it.....

Manik : Sometime doing your work yourself is also good.....

Completing the work they wipped their hands with the kitchen towel and were coming out from the kitchen.....

When they reached the living room Nandini said

Nandini : Let me take your leave Manikji.....

He looked at his watch....

Manik : No Nandini you can't go alone like this it's 10....its not safe...... come I'll drop you.....

Nandini : No Manikji ......

Manik : No Nandini......

They were busy arguing but stopped listening the voice.....

" Mumma "

Both turned towards the source.....

Seeing Muskaan Nandini was confused that why the little girl was calling her mumma while Manik was shocked and understood that his daughter had mistaken the whole situation.....