Chapter 11 - Married

Inside the temple

Both Manik and Nandini were standing in front of Devi Maiya's idol joining their hands and closed eyes....

Nandini believed in her a lot as whenever she asked anything for her she got that and her wish is fulfilled.....

She had also instructed Manik to stood beside her....

Behind them Saksham and Ankita were also standing....

The priest called them to sit in front of the holy fire for the marriage rituals....

They both sat on their respective places....

Priest started chanting the mantras and told them to stand for pheres....

Both stood and Manik held her hand and both took the pheras.... With the priest explaining the meaning of each pheras....

FIRST PHERA - PRAYER FOR FOOD AND NOURISHMENTS

"With God as our guide, let us take the first step to live with honor and respect. Let us walk together so we get food"

SECOND PHERA - STRENGTH

"Let us be happy and enjoy life. Let us walk together so we grow together in strength,"

THIRD PHERA - PROSPERITY

"Let us share joys and pains together. Let us walk together so we get wealth."

FOURTH PHERA - FAMILY

"Let us not forget parents and elders. Let us walk together so we get happiness by sharing our joys and sorrows,"

FIFTH PHERA - PROGENY

"Let us observe all acts of charity. Let us walk together so we have family"

SIXTH PHERA - HEALTH

"Let us live a long and peaceful life. Let us walk together so we have joy"

SEVENTH PHERA -TOGETHERNESS

"Let us be friends with love and sacrifice. Let us walk together so we have friendship"

Then Manik filled her hair partition with vermilion and tied the Mangalsutra around her neck as per asked by the priest.....

During the whole time Nandini was so much emotional that her family is not here with her but she reminded herself that if before marriage her family got any information about the wedding her father won't let that happen because he don't want his daughter to become someone's replacement.....

Manik looked at her and put his hand on hers as a assurance that everything will be alright....

She nodded at him and passed him a small smile....

The priest declared them as husband and wife.... They came to Mr. Roy [Manik's lawyer] to sign the marriage registration papers....

After that their friends came and signed as witness and congratulated them....

Manik : Saksham I think you should leave for office now..... We are going to Nandini's home....

Saksham : No yaar I am coming with you guys....

Manik : Okay as you wish....

Then all four left for Nandini's house....
________________________________

During the whole journey Nandini was nervously fidgeting her fingers kept in her lap....

Manik kept his hand on hers and assured her with his eyes that he is with her and they will definitely convince them.....