ii

| WORD COUNT: 1.7K

"Ji Ah!" You heard someone call. "Coming!" You yelled back. You quickly dashed towards the kitchen to where your mother was at. "Yes?" You asked before she turned around and handed you three beers. "Go take that to the table by the window." She said before getting back to duty.

You sighed as you walked towards the table that had three men sitting there. "Good evening, here are your beers." You said as you placed each of them in front of one of each other. "Thank you, beautiful." One stated as he looked you up and down with a sly smirk.

You furrowed your eyebrows with disgust before walking back to the kitchen. "Mum." You groaned as you walked inside the kitchen. She hummed as she turned to you whilst wiping her hand with a rag. "Remember that time when I had hit a man for staring at me wrongly?" You asked as you wandered around the kitchen next to her.

She furrowed her eyebrows. "I don't like where this is going.." She sighed before placing the rag down. "Did a man look at you again!?" She said with irritation in her tone. You nodded your head. "So, can I-?" She cut you off as she stormed out of the kitchen to the table you were just at.

You stayed in the kitchen as you watched from afar. "Which one of you dogs looked at my daughter in such a disrespectful way!?" She yelled. Before they could respond, two of them pointed at the oldest guy that was guilty. "Hey! Wait a minute now!" He defended. Before he could say anything else, she punched him.

You snorted as you turned around and went to the other cooker that was laughing to herself. "I swear your mum is psycho, Ji Ah!" She chuckled. You only shrugged your shoulders. "It's just how it is." You replied with a shrug before turning to her. "Anyways, found any new books, Jisoo?" You asked as you looked at her with a gleam in your eyes.

She frowned before shaking her head no. "Actually, I think you should see this," She said before reaching into her pocket and pulling out a beaten-up piece of paper. "About a week ago when I went to this village to look for some new spices, I found this hanging on one of the posts there." She said and handed you the paper.

You took it and unfolded to see what was on. Your heart dropped as you saw a draw of yourself when you were younger with the words 'WANTED' at the top of it. "W-What is this..?" You said with a shaky tone. "I-I don't know. We should tell your mum," She said as she grabbed your hand. You both walked into the dining area where Chae Rin, your mother, was still scolding the man.

"Ms Kwon?" Jisoo said as she turned to you both. "What is it?" She asked with a bit of an attitude before softening her facial expression once she saw yours. "Woah, woah, woah! What's the matter!?" She asked before reaching out for the both of you. "Can we talk privately?" You asked with your head down. "Yeah, let's go to the kitchen." She replied as you both turned around and walked back to the kitchen.

Your mom turned around at the man and mouthed a threat to him as she held up her thumb to her neck and made 'your dead' motion before walking to the kitchen.

"What's wrong? Did something happen?" She asked worriedly. You handed her the goldenish paper. She gasped before looking at you. "J-Ji Ah.." She brought you in a hug. "Do you know anything about this?" You asked. You felt her body stiffen under you before she slowly pushed you off of her. "I-I guess it's time to tell you since I can't protect you any longer I guess," She said.

You furrowed your eyebrows before she spilled the truth. "And you didn't tell me!?" You yelled. She looked down as guilt flooded around her. "You could get killed, because of me!" You screamed at her. "Calm down, give yourself a moment," Jisoo said as she grabbed your shoulders, but you shoved her off of you.