xxxix

| WORD COUNT: 3.3K

"Good evening," The owner said as you three went in as the small bell rang over the door. "How may I help you three?" He said as you all walked over to the counter. "Hi sir, do you think we can get three lamingtons?" You asked, excitement taking over your tone. "Ah, lucky for you dear. We only have a few left in stock. Came in at the right time!" He said.

You giggled as you watched him turn around to get the pastries. "What's so good about those cakes?" Jongho asked. You stopped and turned around to face him with a nonchalant smile as you spoke. "A lamington is a type of sponge cake with a chocolate sauce layer around it before it's rolled in desiccated coconut. The chocolate layer slowly absorbs into the cake itself before leaving to set. And BAM! Delicious cake!" You said with a cold tone yet, with a smile on your face.

"I-Uhm...okay?" Jongho slowly said, taken aback from your facial expression and tone. "The young lady is correct, a quite popular and famous pastry," You heard the male come back as he handed all three of you your own lamingtons. "Just for the dearie, you don't have to pay for this. It's on the house," You turned to him with wide eyes.

"Really!?" You asked in disbelief only to watch as he nodded his head. Your smile widens. "Thank you so much! Have an amazing day sir, I'll make sure to repay you Mr- didn't catch your name." You trailed off. "Mr Ri," He smiled. You nodded. "I'll make sure I'll repay you, Mr Ri!" You happily said as you turned around and left out of the shop, humming as you took a bite from the lamington.

"Have a good one, hyung." Yunho said as he bowed along with Jongho. "You both do the same, see you some other time hopefully," He said as he watched them leave with a smile plastered on his face, though slowly fading away. "Is that her?" A male voice said. "That is," Mr Ri responded as he faced the other person who was hiding.

"I'll take care of her...thank you for your work." The male with red eyes said before leaving also...to continue to observe you.

"Wait up! You don't even know where the seven seas you goin'!" Yunho called out as he watched you run around, having no sense of where you're going. "I'm looking around!" You called back out to them as you looked around, stumbling into the centre of town. A statue of a female with a cape around her with the hood covering half her face, only to leave her mouth exposed. Wearing a beautiful dress underneath.

You looked closely at it before a smile formed on your face. "Yah! You wanker! The hell are you so fast for?" Jongho said as he finally caught up, standing to your right as you noticed Yunho was on your other side looking at you.

You shrugged your shoulders. "Just wanted to look around since we'll be staying for the time being before sailing off to who knows where." You told them as you looked back at the statue. "Say...oppa, what is this?" You asked, not budging to look over at them. "This?" Yunho questioned.

You hummed as a response so he can explain to you. "Well...this is a statue of the Goddess of Protection, the Goddess Reuna." He told you. You felt light headed at the name, staring at him, pretending that you're completely fine. "Oh..." You trailed off as you looked at it.

You watched as she died 'Ji Ah'. You watched him kill her, you shouldn't trust him.

You heard the voice say in your head as you felt dizzy and stumbled backwards a little before gaining your balance again, though Yunho had his hand placed on the lower part of your back as he was quick to react. "You okay, Ji Ah?" He asked you, clearly worried by how he spoke and looked at you. "Y-Yeah...just thought I heard something," You said to him, faking a reassuring smile.