xxvi

| WORD COUNT: 2.3K

You gasped as your heart sank in your chest. He saved you, Changbin got shot instead of you. You felt pain, nothing but pain. Someone that's been there honestly for you. The one you can really trust on this ship even if he never knew your true identity as a woman.

...

He just found out you were a female, but he still saved you, why? He could have just let you die, but he didn't, he saved you still. You couldn't let him die, as if to hell you would. You wrapped his arm around your shoulder and lifted him up with all your might. "Ji...Ah.." You heard him mumble. His breath was unstable...it hurts hearing him like this. I'm so sorry... You said to yourself in your mind, you couldn't even have the guts to say it back to him.

Pathetic.

Tears streamed down your face. You couldn't help it, but you still made it to the sickbay. San better be in there or you will sure enough hurt him yourself...if you don't get thrown off the ship that is.

You kicked down the door of the sickbay to see San there, gathering items to aid people. Good. You thought.

San snapped his head around quickly at the burst of the door and his eyes immediately darted to his crew mate before they went wide when he saw him injured as he shot up and rushed to you both. He took the other side of Changbin as you both helped him to the bed. "What the hell happened!?" He asked you as he ran to grab things he needed.

You tried to recollect your calm but you couldn't as if you did try and say anything, it'll only be mere sobs. San turned to you. "I said what happened Ji Ah, if you can't tell me, he'll just die!" He raised his voice as his words lingered in your head. He'll die because of you. You lowered your head.

"He got shot...because of me." You mumbled. You knew San wasn't pleased by your response since he didn't answer you back. He did feel bad, but still, you could have prevented it, only if you were more careful and not have been too distracted by your thoughts.

"They won't stop until they take us down." Mingi yelled over the wails of the wounded and the destruction of both ships as cannons kept exploding. San clenched his jaw as he looked over at you. "Get over here and help me out, would ya!?" He asked as he stood up abruptly and grabbed some cotton balls. You nodded your head as you rushed to him as he handed you a pair of tweezers. "You need to pull out the one near his floating ribs, I'll work on this one closer to his heart." He said. You nodded your head before you both got to work, quickly.

You pushed the metal tweezers down the wound near his lower spine as you slightly cringed from the wet noise that was made from the tweezers pushing into his muscles. This is to save him, Ji Ah. You reminded yourself. You took a deep breath before you continued until you reached the metal musket ball and pulled it out and placed it on the metal plate that was on the bed, just in between you and San.

After a little while San finally managed to safely pull out the small metal ball just a few centimetres from hitting his heart. He huffed as he threw the tweezers down and stood up. "Get the bandages Ji Ah." He said, ripping you from your thoughts. You quickly got back to action as you looked for the white material. Once you got them, you handed them over to San.

He ripped off Changbin's shirt before he dabbed some concoction he had on the wounds before placing cotton there to keep the blood oozing out at a minimum before wrapping the bondage around him. Then an idea crept up to you. "San! I can try to heal him! Like what I did to Wooyoung!" You said as you kneeled down as you moved your hands to his gunshot wounds.