xi

| WORD COUNT: 1K

You and San froze in place as your eyes were wide open. You and San slowly turned to the direction of the voice. "M-Mingi..." San nervously said. "Ji Ah isn't a female, it's a, uh, figure of speech." He said as Mingi furrowed his eyebrows at the young doctor. "Ji Ah," You turned to him as you gulped harshly on your spit as you felt your heart speed up, at this rate it's going to burst through your chest.

"Y-Yes?" You stuttered as you mentally yelled at yourself for doing so. "Are you a...female?" He asked as he crossed his arms. He watched your expression carefully as you stared into his dark blue orbs as they stared deeply back into yours, searching for your true soul. He looked confused, in disbelief, angry even! You looked at San who was looking back and forth between you and Mingi.

You sighed. I guess it'll be better if I tell them one by one. You looked at Mingi calmly as you bit a little skin off of your lips tasting the metallic flavour make its way on your tongue. "Yes... I am a woman." San and Mingi eyes went wide as you answered truthfully. "Ji Ah, why did you tell him!?" He whispered-yelled at you, but Mingi was still able to hear him in the small room. "Why would he- I mean, she not?" He said as he walked towards the galley door. "I need to tell captain." He said as he reached for the handle.

San rushed towards him before grabbing his arm and pulling him away from the handle. "San, what're you doin'?! We need to tell captain, it's not safe for some female to be aboard, and plus, it's a curse to have one on, they can bring bad luck!" He yelled at the older male. San knitted his brows together as his grip on Mingi tightened.

"And what's going to happen to her!? Cap'n may be nice and stuff, but he may throw her overboard, or even maroon her!" Your eyes widened. Thrown overboard and possibly die or get eaten by sharks?! Or maroon and die from starvation and dehydration on some random deserted island?! Maybe even get eaten by whatever wildlife lives there! You thought as you continued to watch the two continue to argue.

"San, it's either her, or all three of us! Which one do you prefer?" He asked as his face shifted to a more pitier one. "I prefer me and her! Like hell I'm going to have a woman left to die," He yelled at the younger quartermaster. "You know I lost my sister because I couldn't keep her safe!" San said with a shaky voice as tears were beginning to form at the corners of his eyes. Mingi kept quiet as he watched San expression as he became more furious and miserable.

Mingi sighed before he turned around and began to walk over to you. He took a seat next to you as San did the same but sat on your other side. "I'm sorry about that, it's just, I don't want some women to get hurt and then they'll be more of a reason to have Slymore and some other village come for our heads." He said as you saw the guilt on his face.

"But if I may ask, why haven't you told captain-" You cut him off. "Because what if he sells me for money! You know how men treat females. Using them, for...things." You said as you felt a cold chill creep down your spine.

Mingi hesitantly placed his hand on yours as he traced small circles on yours. "I mean, really, what I said was a lie, I just want to make Mingi come to reality. Captain really isn't like that." San said as Mingi hummed in agreement. "Yeah, I guess I was blinded that you're a lady and that something could happen to you because of us." Mingi said making your body go stiff. You got up abruptly as you turned and looked at him. "Happen to me? If I'm going to be honest, I have literally nothing to lose at this point." You sighed as you ran your fingers through your hair. "Ji Ah, don't say that." San said as both him and Mingi stood up with you.

"No, don't you get it! My village is probably destroyed because of me, what if whoever wants me finds me, and I don't know to run from them because I don't know who! I'm basically putting you all in danger!" You almost screamed out to them. Their faces changed as they looked in your eyes with confusion and shock. "Ji Ah...your eyes, they're amber!?" The quartermaster said as he switched between looking into one of your eyes to the other.

You shrugged your shoulders. "That's not the point right now!" You furiously said, brushing over the fact of your eyes changing colour. San walks towards you as he places his hand on your shoulder as he tries to comfort you. "Still, we'll figure this out together." He grabbed your other hand with his free one as he squeezed it tightly. "Wouldn't you like that?" He said as he gave you a warm smile. Mingi nodded his head as he agreed while walking up to the both of you.

You frowned. "I'm better off dead than putting you all in danger." You said before leaving the galley as they called out for you. The thought itself of you putting anyone that you get close to in danger just scares you. You want to prevent anything like that from happening. You sighed as you made your way across the main deck back to your cabin as you barricaded the door before laying down in your hammock.

You can't be killed so easily, dummy.

You clenched your head as the same voice returned, saying nonsense to you, at least, you believe so. It gives you small headaches once they stop. You want to figure out why all of a sudden once you left home and stepped aboard of this ship these voices came. You groaned before you slowly closed your eyes as you let your drowsiness engulf you as you listened to the outside noises calm you with the help of the sound of singing and guitar assisted it as you slowly fell asleep.

"Looking for star, looking for love. You are my star. I will always make you shine. Forever you are my heart."