xxxvi

| WORD COUNT: 1.5K

"What? What do you mean?" Hongjoong asked, a puzzled expression written all over his face. You looked up at him. "I don't know...I just saw him," You said as you placed your head on the table.

You heard Yeosang sigh. "It's okay Ji Ah, no need to stress over it," He comforted you as he reached over the table to ruffle your hair. "But what if it was something important?" You muttered against the wooden surface, hearing a little chuckle come from your captain.

"I doubt it, if anything, we'll protect you from it." Hongjoong smiled as you looked up at him as your lips slowly formed a smile too. "Promise?" You asked as you held out your pinky. He looked at your pinky before focusing his gaze back up to meet your gaze.

"I promise, I'll protect you as the captain I am," Hongjoong smiled. "We all will as your crew mates," Yeosang added, making you look over at the male who had a smile on his face.

Just in time, you heard a knocking at the door of the cabin. "Come in!" Hongjoong yelled out to whoever was behind the door. "We're ready to head out, captain." Wooyoung said as he walked into the cabin as he looked at you three. "Wooyoung, for the last time, just call me Hongjoong hyung," Hongjoong groaned as he looked at the other. "Aye aye, captain," Wooyoung snickered before waving and leaving.

Hongjoong sighed as he rolled his eyes and looked over at you and Yeosang. "How am I even captain when they can't even listen to me?" He asked, making you and Yeosang laugh. "Because, it's fun to tease you, oppa," You giggled, making him scoff at your words before standing up and going over to his desk. "Go get ready, I'll get you when we're leaving," Hongjoong said before pointing as he opened a book that was on his desk.

"Aye aye," You joked, making Yeosang nudge you. "He's going to throw you off the ship if you don't stop," He chuckled, making you shrug your shoulders. "As if, but I'll go get ready, see ya in a few," You waved before leaving.

You walked across the deck to the sickbay to your cabin as you opened the door to the small hallway between yours and San's, and Seonghwa's room. You went into your cabin as you went to fix the bindings on your chest as it was getting loose. You began to hum a melody to a song you heard Jongho sing once as you were falling asleep.

After a few moments you were done and was about to leave until you began to cough harshly out of nowhere, as if you were choking on something. You fell to your knees as you covered your mouth with your hand as you felt a liquid running through your fingers. You removed your hand as you looked at it and saw blood covering your palm. Your eyes widened slightly as you looked around for a piece of cloth as you continued to cough.

You used your wall to help you stand up and guide you to your desk to get a piece of fabric before hearing a knock on your door. "Y-Yes?" You called out. "We're leaving Ji Ah!" You heard Mingi yell from the other side of the door. "Yeah, I'm coming! H-Hold on!" You yelled back. "You okay?" He asked as he had concern in his tone. "Yeah! Just uh, fixing somethin'!" You called back out. You heard him hum before hearing his steps distance themselves as you heard the door creak open before closing.

You sighed as you wiped your mouth with a small cloth. This hasn't happened for a while. You thought as you shoved the piece of cloth into your pocket before walking out of your cabin as you went to the gangplank to meet the boys.

"Here we are!" Wooyoung smiled as he stopped in front of a shop. "This is the place?" You asked as you walked next to him, looking at the building in front of you. "Yes ma'am!" He happily said as he turned to look at you. "You're going to like the owner, he's very nice," Mingi said as he came from behind you both and patted your back.

"Mmm, I trust you guys," You said before you five walked into the shop. You looked around the place and saw books, herbs, shells, accessories, etcetera. You smiled as you made your way to the accessories. You looked at the hair pins as you found them really cute, especially the ones with flowers at the end.

"Oppa! Can I get one!?" You asked as you turned to look at Mingi. "A hair pin?" He asked as he crossed his arms and made his way over to you. "Yeah! Problem?" You raised a brow as you nudged him with your shoulder before picking one up and placing it up on your head. "How do I look?" You asked as you faced the tall blue haired male, making him smile.

"Acquaints your features," Mingi said as he grabbed another hair pin and put on his hair. "How do I look?" He asked as he looked down at you, holding it with his thumb and pointer finger. You giggled as you stood up straight and nodded your head. "You look like a princess," Mingi laughed as you couldn't help but join in with him. "Thanks Ji Ah. Should we get matching ones?" He asked, making you nod excitedly. "I would love to!" He smiled as he looked over to you and smiled. "Mr. Hwang! Can we get these?" He called out as he held up the hairpin he was holding. "Of course, Mingi," The man spoke as you heard his steps come closer to you.

Wait...that voice...

"Ah, Mr. Hwang, it's great to see you again," You heard Hongjoong say as he and the others came over to you both. "Hongjoong, Wooyoung, Changbin...it's great to see you all again, you've gotten bigger since the last time I saw y'all," The man spoke again as you felt a cold chill run down your spine.

It sounds so familiar, yet...I don't know who that is.

You hesitantly turned around to face the male, not really knowing the reason why you feel....scared. Like your conscious was trying to save you from something, but you just couldn't hear nor figure it out. "Ah, and who is this, dearie?" You looked up to meet gazes with the older male, his dark brown orbs staring into you, as if his eyes are an endless hole where you can not find anything, no emotions, no sincere, nothing.

You furrowed your brows as you looked at his features. "Have we met?" You asked him, he simply raised an eyebrow as he looked at you puzzled. "Ji Ah, this is Hwang Kangdae. A retired **r**h guard," Hongjoong said as he patted the mans back. You looked at Hongjoong with a confused face. "If he was still one and didn't turn good, I woulda killed him already," Hongjoong added with a chuckle as everyone else joined him, except you.

"What did you say?" You asked as you looked at Hongjoong. Everyone else began to calm down as they looked over at you. "Repeat what? How I would have killed him if-" "No, no, no! Before that!" You cut him off as you shook your hands in front of him.

"Him being a **r**h guard?" He repeated making your stomach churn as you looked at him confused. You chuckled a little as you looked at the others. "What gibberish is that?" You asked as you looked over at the male who was already staring at you as he tilted his head to the side. "Everything alright there?" He asked as he leaned down a little to meet your eye level.

"All he said was...I used to be an Ayrith Guard," He said as his face formed into a smile...that devilish smile. "You..." The word left your lips without you putting any thought into it. You back up into Mingi as you feel yourself begin to breathe heavily. "Ji Ah, what happened?" Mingi asked as he lightly pushed you off of him, though you didn't reply as you were caught up in your thoughts.

It's him...the one I see in my sleep. That smile...that terrifying smile. "Ji Ah? Do you know him?" Wooyoung asked as he made his way over to you, though you shied away from him as your heart was racing, you felt yourself being consumed by fear. You didn't feel like yourself, you didn't feel safe around him. You felt something run down your nose as your head began to throb.

You moved your hand up to wipe whatever it is away, though, you know what it is. As you wiped your nose you looked at your hand and saw the dark red liquid on your hand. "Ji Ah...what the hell is going on?" Hongjoong said as he made his way in front of you, using his index finger and thumb to make you look up at him. You clenched your jaw as you pushed him away and ran out of the shop, back to the ship as you locked yourself inside of your cabin.

Kill him. Was the last thing you heard before everything darkened as you left the hell you call a reality to the next hell you call nightmares.