xxxii

| WORD COUNT: 1.5K

You swung open the door to the galley as you looked around for the cook. "Seonghwa!" You called out. "In here!" He yelled back. "Okay! Come on," You said as you both made your way to the kitchen. "Hey! Glad to see you're out, Yunho." Seonghwa said as he was adding finishing touches to his meal. "Made your favourite." He said as he handed him the plate. "Oh cool!" Yunho said as he grabbed it and went to the dining area.

You both chuckled at him as you watched him sit down and begin to eat. "Thanks Ji Ah." Seonghwa said out of the blue. You looked over at him with a confused expression. "What?" He said with a chuckle at your puzzled look. "Thanks for a lot of things actually. For saving our tails the past few battles, saving Changbin and staying alive, and for bringing out Yunho when the rest of us couldn't." He finished. You smiled at him.

"Instinct I guess," You chuckled. He joined you before throwing his arm around you. "So, when are you going to help me cook?" He asked. "Hm. When we reach Metali, we're going to get a lot of supplies so we can cook a feast for us all." You informed him. He nodded his head. "That's fine with me."

"Hey Seonghwa, I have a question." You said as you looked up at him. He furrowed his brows. "What's the matter?" He asked. You felt shy asking him, but you needed to. You had to ask him. "Why are you here? Or...how did you become the cook on Treasure?"

His eyes saddened as he looked down at the floor. "The village I lived in when I was kid," He started. You looked at him intently as you wanted to hear his backstory, you wanted to get to know them all, so you wanted to start off with him.

"The village was called 'Armagh'. The place had a beautiful view of the ocean from every side to watch the beautiful sunset." He started

"It was midday and I was helping my father cook in the restaurant we owned," He sighed as he looked up at you to see your reaction. You faintly smiled at him as you placed your hand over his to calm him down.

"Everyone that came to and lived in the village loved the place, we were well-known almost around the world," He said with a pained smile. "It was all happy until we heard yelling and screaming coming from somewhere down by the harbour," He said as his face went cold almost instantly.

It scared you at how quickly his moods can change in almost an instant. "We were under attack by our rival village, Tiagra. They came unexpectedly and managed to kill almost everyone when they only just arrived. My mother," His breath hitched. You looked up at him as you saw tears run down his face. Your eyes widened as you used your free hand to wipe his tears away.

He had thanked you before he calmed himself down before continuing. "My mother told me to get away with my older brother. I didn't want to leave her until my dad came back from the market and told us to run. I didn't want to but my brother pulled me out of the place, even if I refused to and tried to stay back...even if it met I may die." He closed his eyes as he tried to keep his tears he was fighting at bay.

"He dragged me to the bunker as we didn't even see not one other soul there, it was just us. We waited what felt like hours there until it got quiet before getting out from the bunker, and as we did," He looked at you with hate-filled eyes. "There was nothing but ruins, no life, no buildings, nothing. I cried there as I knew my parents were gone. I couldn't handle that, so I ran away from my brother, anywhere. I wanted to get away, I didn't want to be there anymore and as so, I stumbled upon Hongjoong. He said he was watching what happened,"

He paused for a moment to wipe his tears away. "I was furious at him, but he was only a kid, what was he supposed to do about it? But he did say that I was welcome to join his crew. I was hesitant as I looked at my village one last time before agreeing, leaving everything behind...leaving my brother behind. But here I am." He chuckled. "The cook here on Treasure."

You gave him a small smile as you rubbed his back to comfort him. "What happened to your brother?" You asked without thinking. He eyes saddened as he opened his mouth to speak, but soon to only get impeded by someone barging into the galley.

You all-including Yunho, looked at who it was. "Yeosang? What's wrong?" You asked. "Ji Ah! Just the girl I needed to see," He said with a smile as he made his way over to you. "Can I talk to you in your quarters?" He asked. You slowly nodded your head as you agreed with him. "Okay, come on." He said as he turned around to leave.

"Nevermind Hwa," You said, giving him the new nickname. "I'll be back later," And with that, you left the galley to follow Yeosang to your cabin.

You both went inside of your cabin as you closed the door behind you as you looked over at Yeosang. "What's wrong?" You questioned. "Nothing much, I just want to talk about that sword of yours." He said as he came to sit down on the floor. You looked over at the metal weapon that was laying in the corner of your room.

"What about it?" You asked before moving down to the floor, next to him. "I'm intrigued, that's all." He said. "Oh, then go ahead." You responded. He nodded his head before going over to grab the weapon. He laid it down in front of him. "So, when and where did you find it?" He asked.

"Ah, right. It was before I came back to the ship when we got ambushed..." You mumbled. He nodded his head. "Where at exactly?" He asked as he opened the book he had brought with him and flipped through some pages. "In a rock." You heard him gasp. You looked at him with a confused expression."What!? What is it!?" You asked more concerned than confused. "Ji Ah, you're parents. Who are they?!" He asked as he stared into your eyes.

"I-I don't know my real parents, actually. I don't remember my childhood, remember?" You said. He frowned before he took out a pencil and jotted down something. You looked over his shoulder and saw the sword you have. "I'll help you find them or figure out who they are, okay?" He said as he stared into your eyes with care. You smiled. "Okay, oppa." You said.

His eyes widened for a moment before he cleared his throat. "You okay?" You asked with a chuckle at the end. He smiled at you and you could see his cheeks turn a light pink colour. "Yeah, I'm good, just caught me off guard, that's all." He said as he closed his book lightly.

He looked back at you. "Anyways, I want to know if it's fine if me and you head into Metali together, I want to go somewhere to help us with trying to figure out your childhood, if that's fine with you that is." He chuckled as he rubbed the back of his neck. You nod your head. "Of course! I don't think I was heading out with anyone else, or going to do anything." His lips formed a smile before he stood up.

He lended you his hand as he helped you up. You thanked him. "I'll talk to you later, alright?" He said as he walked past you towards the door. "That's fine, just make sure you knock." You informed him. He chuckled. "I'm not Wooyoung, I'm quite a gentleman even though I'm a pirate." You laughed at his remark. "I know, I know. It's nice to have someone like that onboard." He smiled.

"I'll be heading back to the captain's cabin if you have any questions about anything." You nod your head as you waved goodbye before he walked out and closed the door behind him. You yawned as you almost instantly felt tired. You walked to your hammock as you took off your shoes and hopped on, making it swing backwards from the force.

You threw your body in it as you formed a little cocoon around you with the blanket you had as you felt safe and comfortable. You looked up at the ceiling as you listened to the noise outside of the ship. The outside was acquainted with Jongho's singing once again. Such a beautiful, ethereal voice. Almost like a siren calling for a person that hears it to be lured in with no choice.

You slowly fluttered your eyes closed as you waited for your dream or nightmare to begin.