xix

| WORD COUNT: 1.6K

"What!?" You covered your ears from the screeching of Wooyoung. "You heard me Wooyoung!" Wooyoung stood there in shock as he stared at you. He rubbed his temples as he tried to remember last night. He paced across your cabin before he stopped and turned on his heels to look at you.

He furrowed his eyebrows as he looked at you in disbelief, still. "You're pulling my leg, tell me you're messing with. Some revenge from me barging into your room." He said, trying to cope with the situation the best he could, even though he wasn't at all doing well. San's dog, Shiber, could even tell he wasn't.

"I'm being so serious right now, San told you not to drink so much, and look where that got you." You said as you crossed your arms. "You know it was an accident! I was just drunk." He said as he sat down next to you as he grabbed you by your shoulders and made you look at him. You shrugged as you let out a mocking chuckle. "You shouldn't be telling me this, you should be talking to Jongho-hyung." You said as you removed his hands from you.

"Where is he!!!"

You heard someone yell as they bursted into the sickbay just outside of your quarters. Wooyoung stiffened as he began to dramatically cry out. You simply just laughed. "Just apologise to him." You said as you stood up and walked towards your door to open it. Wooyoung gasped before he ran to you and gripped on your wrist and pulled you back. "Are you crazy!?" He yelled.

You winced from his loud tone. "Not as crazy as you for doing what you did last night, and also screaming so loud when he's literally on the other side of this door." You spat as you removed his hand again. You sat down at your desk as you waited for the younger battlemaster to barge into your cabin and strangle the lookout.

Once again, Wooyoung started roaming back and forth in your room so you took the chance to call out for Jongho. He turned to you as you saw the fear in his eyes. You both looked at the door as it opened revealing the dark haired boy with amber eyes. He looked at you before he saw the other figure in the corner of your room frozen in shock. Jongho looked at him with anger as he began to make way to him.

"No, no, no! Stay back you gorilla! 6 feet apart!" Wooyoung screamed as he began to throw some of your fabrics at the younger one in an attempt to stop him, and like if that would ever work. "This isn't like some quarantine life. Get over here and face your punishment!" He yelled as he charged at Wooyoung who screamed at the boy running to him. He quickly dodged him and dashed out of your room.

"Wooyoung!" Jongho yelled as he turned around. He looked at you. "Thanks Ji Ah, now I gotta deal with this pest." He said before he ran after his older mate as you heard screams from the main deck making you laugh to yourself before you stood up and picked up the fabrics that he threw at Jongho. You heard a knock at your opened door as you swiftly turned around to see who it was.

"Seonghwa-hyung? What's the matter?" You asked as you placed the material down on your desk. He shook his head. "Nothing really, just want to know what the whole fuss is about this early? Is Jongho still not over the fact that Wooyoung threw some of his weapons overboard and then kissed him on the forehead as a proposal?" He asked. You snorted as you nodded your head as you couldn't say it without bursting out with laughter again.

"Poor Wooyoung, he may end up hanging upside down again from his ankle by the rigging from the mainmast." Seonghwa said as he crossed his arms whilst shaking his head with a laugh. "Wait...again!?" You looked at the cook with surprise. He nodded his head. "Stuff like this almost always happens, lad." He said as he took a seat on your hammock.

You shook your head as you stared at the male. You could sense something was different by his body language. "What's on your mind?" You asked. Seonghwa darted his head up to you as he furrowed his brows at you. "Is it that obvious?" He asked. You walked over to him and sat next to him as you placed your hand on his shoulder. "Yeah...spill. What's going on in your head, hyung?" You asked, waiting for him to come clean about his problems.

He huffed before he spoke. "I'm just scared about being the temporary captain for this plan. What if things don't go well?" He asked as he stared into your eyes. You frowned. You looked deep in his light brown eyes. You got to see the fear, the anxiety in them. He was scared he was going to mess up...again. He doesn't want to let anyone down again.

"Hyung, I promise things will go well. Just relax, okay? If anything, I'll be right here with the rest of your crew, cheering you on quietly." You said as you massaged his shoulder gently. You heard him let out a small breathless chuckle. "Thanks, kid." He said as he looked down. "And listen," you began as you grabbed onto the two necklaces you still had on. "It's okay to be scared, nobody can't not be scared. It's a part of being human." You said as you felt sudden pain surge through your throat.

You let out a soft cough as you tried clearing your throat from whatever the hell that was. Seonghwa looked at you with worry. "Are you okay?" He asked as he patted your back. "Y-Yeah, I'm good. Just went down the wrong pipe." You said as you hit your chest a bit. He chuckled before he stood up. "Thanks Ji Ah, I needed that, honestly," He said. "And the captain said we should be at Balmoral in two days or less, dependin' on the wind. But who knows, the ocean is always on his side since he's the Pirate King. Almost if the sea was made for him." Seonghwa chuckled.

You raised an eyebrow before you chuckled. "See you later Ji Ah." He said as he waved to you before closing your door as you heard him walk to his shared cabin with San. You smiled until you heard someone call out for you. "Gayllayrth?" You looked out your window and saw him piercing out from the seas. You smiled before snuck out of your cabin to head to the forecastle deck to meet your friend.

Once you made it up there unnoticed by Jongho, Wooyoung or any of the other crewmates that tried to break Jongho off Wooyoung from killing him. You looked over the railing and called out for the creature. You watched the beautiful dragon turtle come to your level as your eyes met. You smiled at him before he was the first to speak. "May I ask, where are you heading?" You furrowed your eyebrows at his random question. "Roserun Village," You responded making him look at you with astonishment.

He looked at you with worry until he replaced it with a blank expression. "You must be safe when you head there, my lord." He said, making you confused. Safe from what? He let out a breathy snort to grab your attention. You looked him in the eyes as he pierced into your soul, oddly not making you feel uncomfortable, as if he was searching for some answer. You felt something ignite in your chest as a slight pain surged through your head. Gayllayrth looked at you with concern. "I need not mean to do that." He said.

You shook your head to reassure him that you're fine. "What was that for?" You asked. You see him tense from your question as you see his eyes dart from behind you before they widen. "To keep it short my lord, I wanted to see if I can give back your memories, but I can not." He replied hastily. You wanted to say something to him but before you couldn't, he disappeared back into the depths of the water.

You huffed as you turned around to be met with a hard chest. "Ow!~" You yelped before you backed off and saw who it was. "Changbin-hyung?" You said. He looked at you, confusion written all over his face. "Who were you talking to? Yourself?" He asked. You looked away as you scratched the back of your head. You felt a sudden wave of anxiety roll through your body as you tried to come up with something.

"Y-Yeah..I was just practising my native language." You responded. He crossed his arms as he eyed you up and down, making you feel somewhat uncomfortable before someone called for him from behind. You peeped over his shoulders as you saw one of the other crewmates, maybe a year or two older than him. "I need you to fix my shirt, it got ruined when me and Jongho were sparring the other day." He said as he handed you the shirt that had a few holes in it, before giving you a stern look and turning on his heels and making his way to the guy on the main deck.

What's his deal... You thought. Something's up with him now, and you can't figure it out. Did something happen earlier, or...?