xxxvii

| WORD COUNT: 1.5K

The boys watched as you ran out with confused faces. Hongjoong turned to look at Kangdae. "Do you both know each other or something?" He asked as he crossed his arms, expecting some type of explanation from the oldest male. "No, maybe the name Ayrith triggered somethin'," He shrugged as he then looked over at Mingi. "I'll give you the hair pins for free, an apology for scaring the little lady," Kangdae smiled, making Mingi look at him with a raised eyebrow.

"Seriously!?" Mingi asked, disbelief pouring from his tone to have a chuckle erupt from the males lips. "Of course, I feel bad for..Ji Ah, right?" He raised a brow. Mingi hummed for a response as he put the two hair pins in his pocket. "Thanks, sunbae!" Mingi smiled. Kangdae patted him on the shoulder as he then looked over at Changbin.

"Seo Changbin!" He exclaimed before going over to him and pulled him into a tight hug. "It's been years since I last saw you, you were just a teenager," He chuckled as he pulled himself off to look at him. "We need to talk, want to know what happened over the years with ya," Kangdae smiled as he looked up at the others. "Get what you all need, I want to talk with Changbin,"

The others nodded as they let Changbin go with Mr. Hwang as they disappeared to the back room. "Is it me or is he acting nicer than usual?" Wooyoung spoke as he looked at Hongjoong and Mingi. "Yeah, he is..." Hongjoong furrowed his brows, this doesn't sit right in his gut. "We should go check on Ji Ah, she ran off hopefully back to the ship," Wooyoung added as he turned around to exit the building to go back to the ship.

Mingi and Hongjoong followed after, though Hongjoong stopped at the store as he turned around once more with furrowed brows. "Something isn't right..." He muttered out loud before hearing his name being called. He quickly turned back around. "I'm coming!" He yelled as he sighed and glanced back in the store before leaving.

Your body shot up as you were gasping while cold sweat ran down your body. You placed your hand over your heart as you closed your eyes and tilted your head back against the wall . "It was just a nightmare," You groaned as you tried your best to calm down.

As you tried to relax, you heard a knocking on your door. You looked over at the wooden door. "Who is it!?" You called out as you used the wall to help you stand up where you fell unconscious on the floor. "It's Yunho, are you okay? I saw you run on the main deck in a frenzy without the others," He asked as worry oozed from his words as he spoke.

You made your way over to your door as you lifted up the wooden barricade on it before slowly opening the door revealing the tall male. "Ji Ah, you're pale," Yunho's eyes widened as he saw your figure in front of him.

His eyes examined your weak state as he grabbed your wrist and pulled you out of your cabin. "Yah, Yunho where the hell are you taking me?" You yelled at Yunho who dragged you out of the sickbay and across the main deck. "You need to eat, you're paler than the sand during the winter," Yunho said as you both made it to the galley.

"Yunho? Ji Ah? What's the matter?" Seonghwa asked as he was sitting at one of the tables. "Ji Ah, she looks sick or something," The tall male told the oldest as Seonghwa furrowed his brows and stood up. He went over to you as he looked at you. "Ji Ah, are you okay? What happened?" He asked as he pushed back some strands of your hair. You sighed heavily as you pushed his hand away. "Just a nightmare...it's nothing serious," You said.

Seonghwa frowned as he looked over at Yunho. "Do you both want something to eat or drink?" The cook offered as he went over to the kitchen. "You have some clean water? Ji Ah most likely needs some." Yunho said as he made you sit down at the table as he sat down next to you. You could only sigh as you rested your head on the surface of the wooden table.

Kill him, you know what he did to you.

"Ack!" You yelped at the voice and sudden pain that surged through your head, immediately bringing your hand up to head to soothe it. "Ji Ah! Are you okay!?" Yunho asked as he saw your pained face. He turned his body to fully look at you as he brushed back your hair as he looked at your face. "What happened?" He asked as you just shook your head.

"I'm hearing things..." You told him as his face turned confused. "Hearing things? Like...what?" He asked you as you looked down at your legs. "Voices...and I don't know why. It's been happening for as long as I've been on the ship." You admitted to him as he knitted his brows together. "Does San know about this?" Yunho asked you out of curiosity and worry.

"No...." You told him, slowly looking back up at him. Yunho frowned as he tilted his head to the side a little. "And why not? You know you should." He said as you shrugged your shoulders. "Here you go Ji Ah, I managed to find some clean water," Seonghwa said as he came up to you both with a glass of water.

You took it as you thanked him before chugging down the liquid. "Slow down, don't need it to go down the wrong way," Seonghwa chuckled as he sat down beside Yunho. You finished the glass and set it down on the table as you breathed in air finally as you looked at them both.

"Oppa...who exactly is Mr. Hwang?" You had asked Seonghwa. He lifted both of his brows. "Mr. Hwang? Well, he's an old friend of ours thanks to Changbin introducing him to us," Seonghwa chuckled. "Changbin was such a skinny one back then," Yunho chuckled as he remembered the past. Seonghwa nodded his head as he joined Yunho with laughter, except you.

Seonghwa looked at you before he came to a halt with laughter as he frowned. "What's the matter? Something you don't like about him?" He asked as you shrugged. "I don't know, it's just that I remember him somehow, from my past," You told them as they looked at you with surprise. "You remember him from your past!? But...you don't remember exactly what?" Yunho asked you as you simply nodded your head.

"I don't understand what's happening, oppa," You said as you put your head in your hands, running your fingers through it. "Ji Ah?" You heard someone call out your name as they entered the galley. You three turned around as you saw Hongjoong enter as his eye made contact with yours.

He smiled a little as he entered and came over to you, stopping right in front of you. "Can we talk?" He asked as you looked over at Seonghwa and Yunho. They simply nodded. You stood up in front of Hongjoong. "Okay," You said as he nodded and turned around with you following behind as you both walked out and closed the door behind yourself.

You made your way to his cabin as you walked in. "Close the door behind you, please." He said as he went to his desk and sat on top of it. You did as you were told and closed it as you went over to him. "Are you okay, Ji Ah? You had us all worried when you just dashed out of the shop. What happened?" He asked you, making you sigh and looked down at the wooden floor. "I somehow remember him from my past, like...he did something to me or something," You told Hongjoong, hearing him hum for a reply as he listened to you.

"And when you said...Ayrith, it sounded so familiar yet so...horrifying," You told Hongjoong as he looked at you attentively as you spoke to him. "Hongjoong oppa, what if he's probably one of the reasons I can't remember anything of my past?" You said to him. You can see how his body went stiff at your question as he knitted his brows together and frowned before standing up.

He moved his hand up to brush your hair back as he smiled a little at you, his demeanour changing quickly. "We'll be able to figure it out in no time Ji Ah," He reassured you as you couldn't help but to smile back at him. "Thanks oppa," You said as you brought him into a hug. "I'm your captain, that's what I'm for," He laughed as he hugged you back. "Ah, so you don't mind being called captain?" You asked as you broke away from the hug with a grin plastered on your face.

"That's not- Nevermind, I'm not helping you anymore, do it yourself," He said as he turned around to go sit behind his desk. "No! I'm sorry, captain," You giggled, making him give you a bone chilling death glare even though it's a joke. "I'm busy," He said as he just sat down and pulled out a map. "Hongjoong oppa~" You pouted, seeing a smile form on his face, but he still won't answer you. "Yah! Answer me you bogan!" You said as you went over to him.