xxiii

| WORD COUNT: 1.1K

You examined the weapon. It was a broadsword and it looked as if the sword was punctured through the rock or something. You furrowed your brows before you got up from your place and slid down the rock to get a better look at it from a more eye to eye view.

The pommel was made of leather as the handle had some gold looking wire wrapped around it with the metal guard. Some of that flat was sticking out as you began to examine that part. As you examined it you saw something carved into it. You furrowed your brows before leaning towards it to get a better look.

It was encrypted in some other language, it wasn't Korean, nor was it the language you speak to Gayllayrth with. You squint your eyes as you try to make out the words.

De hei...

De heilige...

De heilige chaperonne...

The Sacred Chaperone?

You thought for a while. It sounded so familiar. You thought for a while, trying to remember where you heard it from. "My mom talked to me about this..." You gently grazed your fingers on the metal. "The Sacred Chaperone..." You mumbled to yourself as you eyed the weapon up and down.

That is until the rock started to shake. Your eyes widened before you took multiple steps back from it as you tripped over a branch on the ground before falling.

You watched before your eyes as the sword easily shot up in the air. You stared at it with awe as it slowly descended down towards you. You were slightly scared by the object, not knowing what it'll do next.

Once it landed in front of you, it sat up right, waiting for...something.

You slowly stood up and looked at the weapon as you wanted to run away from it, but your consciousness told you to stay. You tried to reason with the pros and cons of each of the options. You decided to stay.

You felt connected to the animated sword, somehow. For some reason, you just don't know why you do. You wondered why you did, but they will soon be answered, you can only hope though.

You looked in the reflection of the sword as you looked at yourself. Your dark brown orbs staring back at you until you watched as your face started to change into someone else. It was distorted, but you could make out some of the features.

The small little nose, the almost perfectly heart shaped lips, amber doe eyes. The more you looked, the more you felt dizzy. You look away quickly before you get light headed and pass out in the middle of nowhere.

"You came back..." You heard. It was a males voice, none you know or ever heard of. It wasn't a whisper, or like someone was there talking to you in person. You heard it from your head.

"I thought you abandoned me." There it was again. You looked around, trying to find out where the hell it's coming from. Then realisation hit you. You looked at the sword more closely as you saw a man in the reflection, looking back at you. He had a weak smile plastered on his face.

The pain was intent in his eyes, he wasn't trying to hide his emotions. You questionably looked at him, creeped out, scared, but yet, still comfortable. You don't know why, yet, you don't wanna ask.

"Who-Who are you?" You hesitantly asked it, or him. "Do you not remember?" His head tilted to the side like a dog looking at his or her human with confusion. "I-I'm sorry but, no." You responded. The male frowned. "You did get taken away from me...but no need, we will figure this out together!" The male said enthusiastically. The sword flew up as it got closer to you.

You instinctively took a step backwards, not wanting to get close to it. You do not know what its intentions are, and you have no clue how in the world it knows you out of all people. "Come here..." It said, you didn't listen and stayed in your place as you stared at it with fear.

You were so caught up in your thoughts that you didn't realise the sword was now in front of you. You just stared at it as it stared back at you. "Why are you scared?" You didn't reply, you couldn't reply, your words were caught in the throat from fear. You stared at it, at him in the eyes. "Hœn**, did you lose your memories?" He asked.

You stared at him. What did he just say? The beginning was disoriented, you couldn't make it out. "My name is Ji Ah..." You responded to him. He looked at you with confusion all over his face. "And..I did lose my memories." His face softened. He looked as if he was deep in thought of something. "So Gayllayrth was right..." He mumbled but you heard.

You looked at him with confusion written all over your face now. He looked at you with a smile. "Yes, I was able to contact him by telepathy! After a while of trying to translate each other, we understood what we were trying to say," He said. "Now! We should get back to your ship! I can tell you're lost!" He finished before flying to you. "Put me in your holster so people don't think you're some crazy person."

You scoffed at his remark before you removed the cutlass Jongho had given you and placed the animated sword in its replacement. He wouldn't be too mad, right? "Just keep going forward," You heard him say in your head. You still were creeped out by the idea of it, but you still decided to press on. You just wanted to get back, you wanted to know if San and Jongho made it back safely.

You finally made it to the harbour. You were extremely happy. You quickly dashed down to the docks to where Treasure was located and quickly ran up the gangplank. You saw two crew members standing next to each other, probably didn't realise you were back.

You walked to them to ask where everyone else was. As you did you tapped on the tallest shoulder waiting for him to turn to you. As you did, he fell to the ground with the other male as blood pools formed around them.

You gasped as you took a few steps back from the situation. You couldn't believe this situation. What the hell is going on?! You yelled in your head. You need to run and find the rest of the crew mates, you need to know if they're okay. As you turned around to run you felt someone grab you and force you in a headlock as they held something cold and sharp against your neck.

"I knew I would find you..." He said with a chilling tone.