xxii

| WORD COUNT: 1.4K

"Ji Ah, let's get going!" You heard a loud knock on your door. You shot up before you looked at your door. It was still barricaded. You looked out your window and realised it was the day after. You furrowed your brows before you got out of your hammock and walked to the door and lifted the wooden plank.

Once you opened your door you saw the younger battlemaster. "Jongho?" You questioned. He crossed his arms. "Jongho-hyung." He corrected you sternly. You formed a thin line with your lips as you nodded your head slowly. He sighed.

"We need to get going if we want to get supplies and get out of here by tomorrow come." Jongho coldly said before you heard metals hit against each other. "Take this." He said as you saw a cutlass in front of you as he held it up.

You looked up at him before grabbing it as you placed it in your holster that you got from Changbin. "Thanks," you said. He made a noise to acknowledge your thank you. "Make sure you bring those fabrics and armour so we can trade with the merchants there." The boy said before he walked away, not wanting to hear what else you have to say.

You huffed out as you glared at his figure leaving the sickbay. "Understand he doesn't like new people, but what's his deal..." You mumbled before turning around back into your cabin to get the bag with the items. You put on your cuffed boots before walking out to the main deck to see Jongho standing next to San waiting at the gangplank.

You began to make your way over to them as they both heard your steps and looked towards you. "You ready?" San asked. You nodded your head not saying much. He smiled before you three headed into the village of Roserun.

"Why didn't you wake me up for dinner yesterday, hyung?" You asked as you looked up at the male that was busy buying some herbs from one of the little stations in the centre of town. Jongho was standing on his other side as he was looking out as he had his arms crossed, making sure nothing bad happened.

San turned to you. "Because your room was barricaded, and also, I knew you were really tired so me and Seonghwa agreed to let you sleep in and wake you up when we head out." He answered before the merchant handed him a bag. San gladly took it with a smile as he thanked him and you three began to walk to the next station.

He swung his arm around your shoulder. "How did you sleep anyways?" He asked with such happiness in his voice that you didn't want to ruin the mood. You forced a smile even if it pained you to lie to him. "Slept good, had the best dream I've had in awhile." You said making San smile brighter. "Glad to hear that, Ji Ah."

San walked towards the next station that had items he needed. Some things were meant for you and your nosebleeds, while others were for your memories and to try and help you get them back. You wanted to tell him it was useless, but even if you did, he would still buy them and try.

You sighed as you watched him walk up to the merchantmen. He motioned for you to hand him the bag filled with cloth and a few pieces of metal left. You sighed as you looked around until you felt a gaze on you. You turned in that direction and met eyes with Jongho. You furrowed your eyebrows.

He motioned for you to go to him. "When we're done shopping, I'll teach you how to properly handle a sword, as long as you can handle it." He said. You smiled at him. "Really?!" You asked, still in disbelief a little. He nodded his head. "Thank you hyung!" You exclaimed. He looked at you with disgust before looking away. "Don't get all blithe with me now...I'm only doing this so you don't get killed in a close combat battle." He said. You shied away, still having a smile plastered on your face before turning around. Jongho looked at you again before a small smile crept up on his face.

You three were making your final trades at the last station. You looked around as you listened to San talk with the merchantmen as they laughed while making a purchase. It was so close to sunset and you needed to hurry before they rang the bell.

You looked around as you felt an unwelcoming aura close by. You tried to look for it beyond the crowd before you locked eyes with him. Your body froze with fear as his gaze kept you looking at him even though your body told you to turn away. Once you saw his hand move down to the hilt of his cutlass as he started to move towards you.

You finally shook yourself free from his cold gaze before you turned around and yanked San's shirt. He turned to you. "What is it?" He asked before taking the bags from the person running the station. "We have to go, now!" You almost yelled as you pushed him to start walking. "What, why?" He asked. Jongho peeped around him as he looked at you with a puzzled look.

"What's going on?" Jongho questioned as he looked at your scared face. "Slymore guard! He's coming for us!" You said, still trying to keep your voice down. The boys looked behind you before their eyes widened with shock and fear. San grabbed your wrist before you three dashed away from him.

"Stop right there!" You heard the guard yell. He too knew those were pointless words because you three wouldn't stop. You three ran behind the building so you wouldn't get cut up with pushing the crowd out of the way and slow you all down.

San was dragging you as you tried to keep up with his and Jongho's fast steps. As hard as you tried it was no use as you stumbled over as San's grip loosened from your wrist and you fell. San stopped in his tracks, along with Jongho as they went to get you.

You turned around and saw the guard looking at you three as he called out for you all. "Go!" You yelled. Their bodies tensed up. "What!? No! We're not leav-" You cut him off. "Just go! I'll be fine, okay!?" You screamed as you heard the guard steps growing closer. "Promise you'll come back fine!" San begged. You nodded your head.

"Jongho, go. I'll be there before the bell for sunset." You said. He nodded his head before he grabbed San by the arm as they looked at you once more before leaving you, feeling like the last time this happened.

You quickly stood up as you saw the guard only a few feet away from you before you dashed into the busy streets of townspeople. You heard the guard yell for you to stop, but you didn't. You continued to run as fast as you could to get away from him.

You looked around for somewhere to run and hide. After some thought you ran towards the forests, knowing you'll manage to hide from the guard as he'll most likely run past you.

You dodged roots that were sticking out of the ground and branches that hung low. You then hid behind a tall tree as you covered your mouth to muffle your heavy breathing as you stood against the base of the tree. You heard the sound of quick steps and sticks and leaves getting crunched.

You watched the figure run right past you and waited for him to completely disappear from your sight. Once he did you let out a sigh of relief. You looked around to see where exactly you came from. This was a bad idea... You thought as you closed your eyes as a scoff escaped your mouth. You began to walk around in the woods as you looked around for some sign of making it back to a village.

You need a break. Who knows how long you've been out here, and honestly, how much further you went into the woods. You heard the bell ring meaning it's sunset and everyone should be inside. But if you think you could go after the noise, it was no use. It was too far away and only rang a few times so you lost direction.

You saw a few huge rocks as you made your way to them before sitting down. You looked up at the leaves that covered the roof of the forest. You leaned back so you could lay down but you felt something hard hit the back of your head. You sat back up quickly as you looked at what it was.

A....sword?