xviii

| WORD COUNT: 1.6K

You looked at Yunho with shock written all over your face. You're on board with the Pirate King, the captain that shows no mercy to whomever. Who doesn't care if they are young or old, he would do them justice. And if he wanted something, he would get it. No. Questions. Asked.

"Y-You're kidding...r-right?" You asked as you watched Yunho smile. "Why would I be lying about this? I'm proud of who my captain is, and you should be too." He said as he looked back out onto the horizon.

Happy? I should be...why the hell should I be happy that he's my captain!?

"Why?" You asked. "Because, since you're on board dear Treasure with the captain being the Pirate King, we're all safe because of him. It's like some god or goddess blessed him with the luck of the sea." He said as he crossed his arm. "So?" You replied back.

He sighed once more. "Just know, if you ever turn against the captain, or even betray him, you better be hoping he would just shoot you. He's known for torturing people." He replied. You gulped harshly on your spit as you felt anxiety creeping up on you.

What if he figures out I'm a woman. What would that mean for me? You thought. He couldn't be serious...right?

"Anyways. That's not the main reason why I wanted to speak with you." He turned back to you. You looked into his eyes as you averted to one after the other. "Then why?" You asked, waiting for him to tell you. "I wanted to get to know our new youngest member of the crew." He said. Your eyebrows twitched together as you looked at him with suspicion.

"Why? Do you still not trust me?" You asked. He laughed. "I'm the one who trusts everyone easily, quite frankly. Too easily, honestly." You slowly nodded your head as you looked away. "How about I tell you about me, and then you could tell me about you. Savvy?" He asked.

You let out a light chuckle. "Savvy." You replied. He smiled brightly before he began. "Well...it's a quite tragic backstory," He said with a sad chuckle. "I lost my parents when I was 12 years old." He began. You looked at him as you frowned. "I'm so sorry..." You said. He shook his head. "No, it's fine. Not everyone has a good childhood like you." He said. You opened your mouth to defend yourself, but he continued.

"I did have my younger brother, Gunho. But...I learned even the ones you trust and love will end up betraying you in the end." He said as he watched the sky darken as the moon was coming up with a light breeze. "Gunho and I were known to get in a lot of trouble in our village, but one night when I was asleep he ran off somewhere." You watched his features change into a sadder one.

"That next morning though, me and him were playing around like brothers do on a seashore, but, out of the blue he pulled out his sword. I thought it was just him wanting to duel since me and him always did that, so I pulled out mine." He took a breath as he tried to keep his breath from shaking. You frowned as you placed your hand on his back as you rubbed circles on it, trying to comfort him. He smiled at your small gesture before he continued.

"But as I did, he told me that he wanted to live free, not as a thief and always on the run from our troubles. With a normal life, a normal life. When I was about to ask him why, this lady came up behind me and held a knife up to my throat and whispered in my ear that I had to come with her, if not, she would have killed me right then and there." He looked down at his fingers as a few tears escaped his eyes as they glistened down the side of his face from the natural light from the sky.

"The anger and disgust Gunho gave me still haunts me to this day, and with that lady," His body shivered, not from the cold, from the terrible memories he still has nightmares of. "She took me to her house where other women lived. They used me for their dirty work. Kill innocent people, steal jewellery....and their naughty needs." He wiped his face before continuing. He then turned to you. "That's why I don't trust women anymore. They may just use me to do things for 'em." Your body stiffened as he stared into your eyes.

He stared into the eyes of a woman that has the identity of a man. You turned away as you looked at the stars in the sky. The person that already trusted you for the person he knows, not the person you really are. I can't tell them my real gender...even if it kills me. You thought as you closed your eyes briefly to not let any tears escape.

"I wish I could see my brother again, maybe get him to be here on Treasure...I just miss him so much. That's why I have two rings in my hair, one for me, and the other for him with our initials." He sighed before wiping his face and clearing his throat. "But, what about you? What was your childhood like?" He asked, drawing you from your thoughts. You turned to him. "I don't know." You responded, making him look at you puzzled. "What do you mean?" "Did you not hear? I can't recall any of my childhood memories." He looked at you with worry, astonishment even too. "Sorry to hear that." He said.

You shrugged your shoulders. "It's fine, Yeosang-hyung said they'll return to me after 20 years, if I can make it another 20 years that is." Yunho looked at you with a shocked expression before he looked away as he cleared his throat. "That's a long time. And why do you say that?" He asked. You simply laugh, almost making you seem a little hysterical. "Because who knows, your captain may throw me off the ship. Just because I'm not that useful, only for making clothes and somewhat armour."

He punched your shoulder as you groaned from the harsh abrupt force. "The hell was that for?!" You almost yelled at him. "Because first of all, he's your captain too, and secondly, you're of use now, that shirt you gave me. It's totally amazing!" He said, making you look at him. He changed into the armoured shirt and you didn't even notice. Perfect.

You gave him a weak smile as he threw his arm around your shoulder. "Come on! Think of all the amazing adventures we will have." He lowered his head next to yours as he waved his arm in front of your both. You shook your head. "I guess so, but if he does, I'm blaming you." You said with a laugh. He laughed with you. "Whatever you say." He smiled.

"Yunho! Ji Ah! Dinners ready!" You both looked down and saw Seonghwa standing there as you saw some of the other members walking to the galley as others were already eating on the deck. "We're coming!" Yunho called out as you both watched the older cook walk back to the galley.

You both stood up as he grabbed a rope hanging down from the rigging. "What are you doing?" You asked. "Getting down." He simply said before he slid down the rope down to the deck at a hasting speed. You looked down at him dumbfounded as you heard him laughing a bit. "It's the quickest way down, scrawny boy!" He yelled up.

You scoffed before you began to mumble under your breath as you used the rope to slide down, landing next to him as you glared up at the tall male. "What?" He asked with a pity laugh. You scoffed before walking away from him as you walked towards the galley to see Seonghwa sitting at one of the tables with Hongjoong. "Hey Ji Ah, feel free to get as much as you want." You heard Seonghwa say to you. You nodded your head as you thanked him and walked towards the well laid out food, perfectly organised.

To be honest, Seonghwa is the first pirate that you've known to be rather neat and clean with all of his things. You and Yunho both grabbed a plate as you grabbed food that you wanted for your own desires. "Are you about this captain? I mean, I accept it, but you know how I get." You heard Seonghwa say.

"Seonghwa, you know you're the most trusted here on Treasure. If not you, then who could possibly be the fake captain?" You heard Hongjoong reply. You could tell their conversation was tense by the tone they chose to speak to each other. You looked over your shoulder at them.

Seonghwa had his head down before he let out a sigh. "Just for the crew..." He said, making Hongjoong smile. He stood up as he hugged his fellow cook. Seonghwa hugged him back before they released each other from their grip. They then walked over to you and Yunho. "Come on, let's have a little celebration out on the deck for this plan." Hongjoong said as he smiled at you. It wasn't that wicked smile. It was new and never seen before one. A more genuine one. You couldn't help but to smile as you nodded your head. "Sure thing, captain." And with that, Yunho swung his free arm around you and you four walked out to the deck to start the little celebration for you all.