iii

| WORD COUNT: 1.4K

You woke up from something creaking open, sounding like an iron door or something. "Hurry and get the damn potatoes for Hwa, I'm starving right now!" You heard a voice say. You peeked from your hidey-hole and saw an average-sized male walk down the steps you ran down when you first got on. Wait, how long was I asleep? You thought as you quickly sat back down.

"Where are they?" You heard another voice saying, sounding more deeper than the other. "Over by the corner, are you blind or something, Jongho?" You looked at the barrel in front of you labelled 'potatoes'. Shoot. You thought. "Hahaha! Very funny Hyung," The boy you think is named Jongho said back.

You heard his footsteps get closer. "Yeah, I know I'm funny." He said right back. The younger crew mate scoffed before he picked up the barrel in front of you as you stared wide-eyed at him. "I'm coming, make sure I don't wa-" He looked at you before he dropped the barrel and pulled out a cutlass and pointed it at your face. "Who are you!?" He yelled.

The other male then came up behind him. "What's going on?" He asked before looking at you. His eyes widened as he pulled out his cutlass too. "Get up!" He yelled. "Let's bring him to the captain, Wooyoung-hyung." The male said as he grabbed you by your arm and pulled you up onto your feet as you made your way back up the stairs you ran down.

The ocean breeze blew on you as it semi calmed you down as your loose hair flew with the draft. Some crew mates looked at you in shock as they took their defensive stances. "Stand down," The Wooyoung guy said as he poked your back with his cutlass for you to keep moving.

You obeyed since you don't want to have any new scars on your body. You made your way up the forecastle deck and saw a male with blue hair with two braids on the side talking to someone shorter than him with a mullet. Wooyoung pushed you down onto your knees.

"Captain." The two men looked in your directions before taking a step back. The blue-haired boy walked towards you. "We found this castaway in the hold behind some of our supplies," Jongho said as he turned and looked at you.

"What are you doing on here exactly, kid?" The male asked as he crouched down to meet your eye level. You gulped harshly on your spit as you looked at his eyes. His dark brown orbs pierced through you as if he was trying to take your soul. "Answer me, rogue." He snarled. You were hesitant before you told them what happened.

"I ran away. If I didn't I would have put my home village in danger. So I ran here to the docks and got on the first ship I saw, and when I saw your gangplank was down, I just ran up here and went into your cargo hold and ended up falling asleep." The captain stared at you with his one eye. I wonder why he wears an eyepatch. You thought.

"How can we be sure you're no spy or something from that low economy village? They sure don't like pirates, that's why we had to leave only after a day there." He said. You furrowed your eyebrows.

Low economy village?

"First of all, I'm no spy, I'm an average gi- erm, boy," You quickly caught yourself, making the four men look at you confused. "And secondly, just because you're pirates and my village has a past with some doesn't mean you should call it a low economy village, I mean, you're pirates after all...nobody really likes them." You hissed back.

You immediately regretted that when you saw his gaze darken at your words. "S-Sorry..it's just that place means the world to me even though I don't remember much of my childhood." You mumbled, but he still heard you. "What do you mean?" He said, raising his eyebrow that you could see. "O-Oh, nothing important." You said with a nervous chuckle. He sighed before that same smile appeared on his face.

"How about this?" You looked up at him. His single light blue eye showed no emotion as he stared right back at you. "I'll have my quartermaster, Mingi, tie you up against the main mast on display for us all to watch you so you don't do anything, but if you do something stupid," He pulled out his musket and pointed it at your head. "I'll shoot you myself before we reach a village for supplies." He said before turning back around towards the helm.

"Take him away." He said coldly. "Come on stowaway," Mingi said as he grabbed you and practically dragged you along with him, down the forecastle stairs. He sat you down against what you think is the mainmast. He grabbed a long piece of rope before tying it tightly around you against the mast, but still loose for you to breathe. "I suggest that you wait until we reach land to act up," He growled before standing up. "No one is allowed to hurt, speak, or even look at him, if so, you have the captain to either show you mercy or not, and you know which one he'll show." He said before he glared at you once more and turned back and made his way up the forecastle deck.

You watched as his tall figure went back up the forecastle deck before completely disappearing. You sighed as you threw your head back against the wooden mast. What village is after me? You thought as you looked up at the sky as you watched the clouds slowly dance across the sky.

You slowly close your eyes as you let your exhaustion completely engulf you.

"If I'm going to die, I'm taking you down with me." He said with that same bone-chilling smile. You screamed as he pointed the musket to your head as you cried.

"Hey, wake up!" Someone said as they shook you lightly. You slowly opened your eyes as you blinked away the blur. "Are you okay? I came up here to give you your meal since Hongjoong said to feed you, but as I did, you were crying," He paused as he sat down in front of you. "So I decided to wake you up to check if everything is fine. Did you have a nightmare or something?" He asked before he lifted the bowl of food and picked up a spoonful using the spoon he brought with him.

You shrugged your shoulders. "I-I don't know honestly," You quietly said as he held the spoon to your mouth. You opened your mouth as he began to feed you. "Who's Hongjoong?" You said as you swallowed the food, and surprisingly, it's good. You would think pirates weren't the best at cooking since...you know.

"Ah~ That's the captain." He answered. "And you?" You asked as he gave you his genuine smile. "I'm Seonghwa, I'm the cook here on Treasure." He replied before feeding you another spoonful. You tilted your head to the side as you looked at him with confusion written all over your face.

He chuckled. "The ship. Captain calls it Treasure." He replied. You nodded your head slowly. "Seonghwa?" You asked. He quirked up an eyebrow as he looked at you. "You know, you should call me hyung, it's quite disrespectful if you don't respect your older allies." He said. "R-Right..Seonghwa-hyung." You said.

He nodded his head as he fed you more of your dinner. "Is your captain going to kill me?" You asked quietly. He only shrugged. "Captain isn't the type of person to show mercy, I've known for quite a while, and for the years I've known him, he killed all of his prisoners." He responded as he fed you another spoonful, making you choke on it.

His eyes widened before he grabbed a cloth from his pocket and wiped your mouth. "Sorry, didn't mean to catch you off guard." He said with a bit of guilt. "N-No..it's fine." You reassured him. He smiled again before he stood up. "That's it for the night, get some sleep. See you in the morning for breakfast." He said. You shook your head. "I-I'm fine, you should save it for your crew." You said as he frowned at your remark. He opened his mouth to say something but got interrupted by someone.

"Seonghwa-hyung! San is trying to cook again." A voice yelled from the galley. "Not again! Keep away from the meat!" He yelled before turning to you. "See you in the morning." He said before running to the galley, closing the door behind him.

You closed your eyes as that smile flashed under your lids once again.

"You ******!"