vi

| WORD COUNT: 1.5K

It was in the middle of the night and you were standing over San as he showed you different types of medicines. "This is a coneflower, this is what I used to help you. It treats common colds, and coughing." He said as he pointed at a sketch of the herb. You nodded your head as you studied the sketch. "Did you draw this?" You asked. He gave you his signature dimple smile. "Yeosang helped me." He said confidently. "Isn't he the," You paused as you thought for a moment. "The navigator?" You finished. San nodded. "Yeah, how do you know?" He asked before he turned and looked at you.

You shrugged your shoulders. "I listened a lot when I was tied up, I learned almost everyone's names, heard a lot of secrets, and things.." You said as your gaze saddened at the end. "Things..?" He questioned as he frowned. You shook your head as you gave him a reassuring smile.

"Nothing, nevermind." He tilted his head to the side as he looked at you confused. "Anyways, wanna learn some more?" He asked as he flipped to the next page. "Can I go walk around the deck?" You mumbled, but he still heard you. He turned back to you.

"Didn't you say you don't wanna go out there until the captain asks for you to be tied back up?" He asked in astonishment. You nodded your head slowly as you looked out the small window. "Yeah, but I just need some fresh air." You sighed. "Want me to walk with you?" He asked as he began to stand up. You simply shook your head. "No, you stay here. I need some time to render all of this and get my thoughts sorted." You said.

He nodded his head as he gave you a soft smile. "I understand where you're coming from." You smiled back at him. "Thank you for understanding." You said as you made your way to the door. "Hey, you never told us your name." He said before you went out. "Ah, right!" You giggled as you turned to him. "It's Ji Ah!" You said. "Ji Ah.. what a nice name." He repeated as he smiled. You nodded your head as you went out to the main deck.

The cool air hit you in an instance as you let out a low sigh. No one was out this late at night so you were fine to walk around alone with any disturbance. You walked to the forecastle deck as the winter breeze blew against you, catching your hair with. "Where did everything go wrong?" You mumbled to yourself. "Why can't I remember anything about my childhood!?" You said a bit loudly, but you caught yourself as you let out a sigh.

You placed your hands on the railing as you closed your eyes, letting the breeze comfort you in the silence. "Is that you?" Your eyes shot open as you looked around. That wasn't in any language you know, but you could understand it. "Down here." You furrowed your eyebrows as you hesitantly looked over the railing as your eyes widened at the sight as you stumbled backwards as you fell down. "What the hell was that!?" You said out loud as you stood up and placed your hand over your chest, trying to catch your breath.

You slowly walked back to the railing as you looked over the railing again, your eyes instantly locking with its yellow-orange eyes which stared right back at you. "Is that you?" It repeated. Your words got stuck in your throat as they wouldn't come out. "Are you the offspring of her?" The creature said as it began to emerge from the ocean. You gasped at the humugeous creature. "W-What are you!?" You almost screamed.

The creature tilted it's head to the side as it looked down at you. You furrowed your eyebrows, "What does it want?" You mumbled. "Can you not speak the language I speak?" It said. You furrowed your eyebrows.

You can..just think of the language and speak Hœn**

You grasped your head again as you closed your eyes. Why do I keep hearing voices? You sighed as you ended up doing what you heard. "What are you..?" You spoke. You caught yourself by surprise as you touched your lips gently. "D-Did I say that?" You mumbled. "Yes." You quickly looked up at the sea creature. "To answer your other question, I'm a dragon turtle, but what mortals gave me is Gayllayrth, The Gifted." He responded.

You looked at him with confusion. Why does that sound so familiar? You shook your head from your thoughts. "W-Why are you here?" You choked out. You began to relax, the presence of him made you calm down for some reason. "I sensed you," He said as he lowered his head to you. You didn't move as you held your hand out to pet him, and he let you.

"I missed you-" He got cut off as you both heard a door creak open. "Stowaway!" You heard someone yell. "I have to go." He said. "Will I ever see you again?" You asked as he began to go back under the water. "When the time comes." He said. "My name is Ji Ah by the way!" You said, hoping he heard, and he did. "Ji Ah? Why did you change your name? To hide from them?" He said as he stopped in place. "Stowaway! Come here!" The voice got closer with quick steps. "Answer my question later then... Ji Ah." He finally disappeared under the dark waves with the moon glistening over it.

You frowned. Hide? Hide from who!? You let out a sigh. "Stowaway! Are you deaf or something?!" You jumped as you quickly turned around to the figure. You managed to make out his face with the moonlight shining on his features. It was Mingi, the quartermaster.

"O-Oh, sorry. I was too caught up in my thoughts." You replied. You heard him scoff as he crossed his arms and looked at you seriously. "Captain wants to see you," He spoke easily. Your eyes widened as you took a step back. "W-Why?" You stuttered. "Go figure that out for yourself, let's not keep him waiting any longer, aye?" He said as he grabbed your arm and pulled you with him.

You stumbled as he dragged you to the captain cabin and opened the door as he pushed you inside, making you almost completely fall over. "Mingi! Be careful with him!" You heard a voice said. You looked up and saw San next to the captain, Hongjoong.

San ran over to you as he grabbed you by the arm and walked you over to a barrel that was in there and sat you down before glaring at the quartermaster, making him roll his eyes. "I'll leave you three alone then." He said before leaving and closing the door behind him.

"Did you tell him!?" You whispered yell to San. He quickly shook his head no as he opened his mouth to say something but got cut off by the captain as he spoke. "I hope you're doing fine now." He said as he looked up and made eye contact with yours. He stood up from his desk and walked over to you.

"San told me you've been studying medicines with him, and told him that in your village you learned to sew and repair clothings." He said. You looked at San as he cocked his head towards the captain, telling you to respond to him. You nodded your head as you averted your eyes back at Hongjoong. "Y-Yes sir, my mother had taught me since people would come to her tavern for food and clothing and armour repairs." You shyly said.

"And armour?" He asked, astonished. "Ah, y-yeah," You nervously laughed. "My dad taught me how when I was much younger, that is before he passed." You mumbled the last part, but they still heard you. San rubbed small circles on the small of your back as he whispered a sorry in your ear. You gave him a reassuring smile.

"So your name, what is it? San wanted to be stubborn and told me to ask you myself." He huffed as he stared at the younger crewmate making him snicker. "It's Ji Ah, Lee Ji Ah." You said making him look back at you. "That's feminine, ya know?" He said as he scrunched up his face. You shrugged your shoulders. "I like it though." You said. San giggled next to you as he looked at the captain with that same dimple smile.

"Whatever you say, Ji Ah. How old are you exactly? You seem pretty young, maybe a little older than our maknae, Jongho." He said, crossing his arms. "Oh, well, it's complicated." You said as you scratched your head and looked away, staring at the wooden walls. "How so?" San spoke as you felt his gaze on you. "It's a long story...about 7 years ago exactly," You began.