xxx

| WORD COUNT: 1.5K

Your body shot up as you gasped for air as if it felt like an eternity since you last got oxygen into your lungs. You felt cold sweat running down your back and forehead. As you placed your hand over your heart as you felt it beating rapidly.

You looked around to see where you're at. Treasure? You removed the covers that were on you and threw your legs to the side of the bed you were laying on before using your hands to push yourself off into a standing position.

You stumbled over to the wall as you caught yourself with your hands. Your legs felt numb, like you're taking baby first steps again. You looked around again. Is this another dream or something? You questioned.

You looked out the window, and to your appeal, you saw land in the distance just several moments ahead. You could see birds flying high in the sky as their feathers flew back in the wind as they flew to their destination and you could see the scorching sun reflect on the ocean waves as they crashed against the ship and fell back into the ocean, not being able to tell which drop is which.

You looked around the room to see where exactly you were at. There were jars open with herbs and liquids in them half empty as books and papers were scattered across the desk in the corner of the room. You realised you were in San and Seonghwa's bedroom.

You furrowed your brows before you continued to stumble towards the door and reached for the handle of it. You grabbed the cool metal before pulling it open.

As you did you were met with the sight of two males backs facing you. You raised an eyebrow before you continued to struggle to walk out of. You stumbled to the wall again making the boys look at you.

"JI AH!" The one with the black mullet yelled as he ran to you and embraced you tightly. You furrowed your eyebrows. Trying to remember who he is. "S-San?" You said with a raspy voice.

You heard him crying in your shoulder as he held you against him before pushing you off of him as he held you by the shoulders. He examined you as he used one hand to caress your face. "Is that r-really you?" He stuttered. "I'm not dreaming right?" He questioned as his glossy eyes began to water again.

You looked past him at the male behind him. Your eyes widened. "J-Jongho..." The name escaped your lips without thinking. The boy stood there as he gazed upon you like a rabbit standing on his hind legs as he stared at you in the woods.

"Y-You're alive..?" He stuttered. You watched as his eyes began to water as his face became red before walking to you and bringing you into his embrace. "Why did you do that?!" He yelled as you heard him cry.

"What did I do?" You asked. He pushed off of you. "What do you mean what did you do?!" He asked in disbelief as he chuckled a little at the end. "Ji Ah, you sacrificed your life for Changbin's life." San said. "How long was I out?" You questioned. "About a week and a half now." San replied.

You lowered your head as you didn't want to meet his gaze. "Why did you do that...?" You heard San say with a pained voice. "I-I wanted the best for you all. If I was gone, then maybe everything bad would stop happening," You mumbled.

San and Jongho looked at one another before bringing you back into their embrace. "We're glad you're back Ji Ah, and please...don't do that again..." Jongho mumbled in your neck. You hesitated to place your hands around them, before rubbing their heads. "I promise. I won't." You said.

"Good. Now come on, let's go tell everyone else you're alive." Jongho said as he wrapped his arm around you. "Wait, she has to put a more appropriate shirt on." San said as he grabbed your hand to stop you both.

"O-Oh right..." Jongho stuttered as he turned away from you. You heard San chuckle before handing you a bag. "What's this?" You questioned as you took it from him. "More appropriate attire for female pirates." You smiled before taking it to your room and changing into it.

You looked down at the outfit as a small smile formed on your face. Once you felt comfortable you left your quarters and went out of the sickbay to the main deck where San and Jongho were waiting for you.

You breathed in the fresh air as the sun hit your skin as you used your hand to shade your eyes from being so sensitive from the rays. "Everyone!" Jongho yelled for his presence to be known.

Everyone stopped what they were doing and stared at the youngest male as they waited for him to speak. "The Gods and Goddesses heard our prayers and answered, Ji Ah is alive!" San finished as he turned around and signalled for you to come forth.

You hesitated for a bit before walking beside both Jongho and San and you played with the hem of your sleeve. Everyone went dead silent as you felt uncomfortable. I knew they wanted me-

They began cheering with joy as they ran and crowded around you. "We're glad you're okay!" A crew mate said with a bright smile. "Don't scare us like that again!" Another said. You smiled at yourself as you finally felt relaxed.

"What's all the ruckus!" You heard a familiar voice say. Everyone turned around as they looked at the person. Everyone began to smile before backing off and revealing the person you most dearly wanted to see.

You both stared at each with shock, happiness, and sadness in your eyes. "You're alive!" You both said at the same time. Everyone around chuckled at your unison. You ran to him as you immediately brought him in your embrace. "I thought it wasn't going to work..." You almost sobbed out. He wrapped his muscular arms around you.

"This is a dream...right?" He said with pained happiness. Jongho walked up and pinched him. "Ouch!" Changbin yelled. "Oh...so it's not." He said as he averted his glare from Jongho back to you as his gaze softened again.

"You're actually here," You nodded your head as a tear rolled down your face. "Hey! Don't start crying, you still have to see everyone else!" He chuckled. You smiled as you hummed as you agreed with him. "Come on! I think they're still in the captain's room as they're getting roles for when we reach Metali."

"Okay, but I don't really know about this." You told Changbin as you were reaching his door. "About what?" He questioned. "I mean, I feel so nervous. What will they say?" You questioned.

He placed his hand on your shoulder and gently rubbed it . "It's going to be fine, I promise. They missed you and felt guilty that you had to do that, we all did...especially Yunho." He said with a frown. You were about to ask him why but he knocked on the door.

"Come in!" You heard someone yell, to be more specific, it was Hongjoong. "Trust me," He reassured you one last time before opening the door. "Changbin, is everything alright? I told you to re-" He stopped his sentence once he laid his eye on you. His eye widened as the room went silent.

You and Changbin walked in the room as everyone stared at you with widened eyes. "J-Ji Ah..." Hongjoong said. You looked down at the ground, feeling your eyes tearing up again as reality finally set in. "I'm sorry.." You said as you watched a tear fall to the ground.

"I'm sorry I scared you all and traded my life for Changbin's fate in order to make you all happy, at least, that's what I thought." You mumbled. "Ji Ah. Don't say that, we could have worked things out. San said Changbin wasn't going to die that soon so he could have come up with a concoction to save him." Seonghwa said as he was the first to walk over to you.

You looked up and around the room. You saw everyone but that one person-Yunho. "Where's Yunho?" You questioned. "In his quarters, he hasn't come out in about a week now," Yeosang said.

"We're all worried about him, he blamed himself for you doing this." Wooyoung added. You bit your lower lip. "Let me talk to him..." You said. Once again, everyone went quiet again as they exchanged glances. "Please..." You begged as you looked at Hongjoong in his familiar light blue eye as you furrowed your brows for a moment in confusion.

He sighed before nodding his head. "You're our last chance." You nodded your head before you turned on your heels and made your way to his cabin. You really hope he doesn't hate you even though he feels guilty about you doing this and he talks to you...

"Please," You said as you crossed the main deck to a door to go down under the ship to the other cabin's. "Please work..."