Fell so deeply into it

After arriving at home, they let the kids settle down. That was the plan at least, reality was very different. Penelope was struggling with her stuff, not knowing where to put it and Levi was just running around the house. He had already tried to get into the room where they keep all the dangerous stuff 10 minutes after arriving, 30 minutes later he had tried again. Needles to say nearly the whole house was busy keeping Levi safe and helping Penelope.

"Is your brother always like this ?" Asked Halsey.

"What do you mean ?" Questioned Penelope. "I think I'm stuck in here, please help me."

"Energetic .... How did you get stuck in a walk in closet ?" Halsey walked to where Penelope's' voice was coming from, seeing the girl stuck in one of the top shelves. One of her legs dangling in the air. "I'll just get some of the others... don't move."

" 's not like I could even if I wanted to." Huffed Penelope.

Halsey left the room quickly, searching for someone that could help. They found Zayn and Dom, explaining what happened on the way to Penelope.

"How did that happen ?" Asked Zayn, looking at the scene in front of him.

"I was trying to put some stuff up here and didn't think it through." Answered Penelope, voice slightly muffled due to clothes around her.

"Are you just stuck between the clothes or is there something else as well ?" Asked Dom worried.

"Uhm, at first just between the clothes but then something heavy fell on my back and now I can't move at all." Sighed Penelope, her voice sounding as if she was in pain.

"Does it hurt ?"

"A little ."

"Okay we'll get you out, don't worry. " Said Dom and left to get a chair.

"What are you doing with a chair ?" Questioned Jade, looking up from the book she had been reading.

"Getting Penelope out of the closet ."

"What-"

"I don't have the time to explain right now." Said Dom, hurrying upstairs.

It took them a whole hour to get her out again. They brought her to Jade and Cole afterwards, telling them to check if she's okay. The others left her to get checked up, putting everything away that was still laying around. Luckily nothing had happened and Penelope was okay, she just had to rest a little for the next days.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After a long day nearly everyone was asleep. Just Ashe, Louis, Harry and Tom 1 we're still awake.

"We have three letters. One for Levi, one for Penelope and one for you. "

Dear Blue,
This is the last time you'll hear from me. Tomorrow is my last day. I know it will be difficult to keep the kids whenever everyone is out risking their life. Whenever you need somebody to take them for a day call this number #######. Keep their letters safe until they are older and

Although the letter wasn't signed and seemingly not even finished, they all knew who had send it.

"What are you going to?" Questioned Ashe.

"What am I supposed to do ? She'll never have the chance to take them -"

"Maybe she got out and is running away right now."  Interjected Tom 1.

"Yeah, because she ran away and thought ' I'm already here, I'll just give them a letter and make them think I died '. " Louis sighed " I don't know. I'm not sure if they are safe here... but we can't just give them back like -" 

The sounds of a glass shattering interrupted their conversation.  Harry shot up and went into the kitchen, looking for who or what caused the sound. In the middle of the kitchen was Penelope, kneeling on the floor and picking up the bigger pieces of glass. Her eyes were wide and a few small cuts on her hands.

"Penelope ." She looked at him " What are you doing? " She didn't respond. Harry knelt down to her.

"Let go of the shards." The second they were out of her hands, he lifted her over the rest. Putting her down where no shards were. They went over to the sink, letting the cool water wash over the cuts.

"What's wrong?" Harry asked, noticing she was crying.

"I don't want to go back." She sniffled.

"Harry ? Are you okay?" Called Tom 1 from the living room.

"Yeah, fine ." Called Harry back. "Go back where ?"

"Into the orphanage."

"Why do you think you have to go back there ?" He asked, turning off the water and handing her a towel.

" You were talking about it !" Said Penelope.

"How much did you hear ?" Questioned Harry.

"Just you talking about bringing us back."

"You don't have to go back, alright? I promise you can be here for as long as you want and even if you leave someday, you're always welcome here, yeah ?" Penelope nodded and hugged him tightly. Harry held her as well, he wanted her to feel safe here no matter what. "You wanna go sleep now ?" His question was answered as she yawned.

"Goodnight." She said, letting go and went upstairs. Harry got a broom and cleaned up the floor.

"You're amazing." Said Louis, instead of a smiling Harry turned around looking angry.

"This crazy." He huffed.

"What do you mean ?" Asked Louis.

"Louis, this is fucked up. When I decided to be in this with you I didn't think kids would be involved. These two will never see their mother again and their father forced her to give them away. Small children that never even had the opportunity to live a normal life. This is just wrong !"

"Of course it's wrong and fucked up but it's the situation we're in. So we can either send them back or we can try our best to give them a childhood that is as close as possible to normal as it can be here." Argued Louis.

"What if we can't ? What if it's too much ?" Asked Harry.

"What do you mean ? Do you want to leave?" Louis couldn't believe what was happening.

"No! It's just ...I don't know. " Harry sighed.

"It's a lot right now, I know. But let's just wait this out, it'll be better and easier again." Said Louis, holding Harry's face in his hands. Harry just nodded, trying to savour this moment for as long as possible. "Let's sleep, we're the only ones still awake."