Chapter 31: The duel...

The next day at night the king gathered noble people and heroes after the first wave to celebrate and give rewards.

Everyone were enjoying the night except for Issei as he just sat by the window far from anyone in the corner alone.

"I wouldn't even be here if not for the reward" Said Issei to himself.

"Heroes did a really great job"

"Yeah and there were minimal casualties too"

"We are so grateful to them"

"Hey! as a royal knight I held on my own pretty well too"

"Yeah right" Said Issei to himself.

Out of the crowd Raphtalia with a plate of snacks and drinks came to Issei while Motoyasu tried to stop her to talk or something but got stopped by Myne.

"Ise the food here is really good are you sure you don't want any?" Asked Raphtalia.

"Nah I'll pass" Said Issei as he looked out the window.
As Issei was looking out the window he didn't realize that Raphtalia left and returned after a little.

"You sure you don't wanna? just try for me" Said Raphtalia as she tried to feed Issei a bite of cake.

"Ugh alright I'll do it for you" Said Issei as he took a bite.

"See? it's delicious" Said Raphtalia.

But out of nowhere someone called out to Issei.

"Issei" Said Motoyasu as he threw his glove on the ground gaining the attention of everyone.

"Time to fight" Said Motoyasu. Raphtalia's eyes widened.

"I heard that poor Raphtalia is your slave and she obeys your every command" Said Motoyasu.

"Huh?" Raphtalia let out a confused sound

"None of your business" Said Issei calmly.

"Watch your tongue" Said Motoyasu.

"Yeah Raphtalia is my loyal slave didn't you hear that it's legal to enslave people in this country?" Answered Issei.

"Ghh that's it! let's fight if I win you'll have to set Raphtalia free!" Said irritated Motoyasu.

"Alright, but what will happen if I win this fight?" Asked Issei.

"That won't happen of course without her you are just a shield" Said Motoyasu mockingly

'Sure keep dreaming about it you weakling' Thought Issei as Ddraig started to laugh.

"But if you win everything will stay the same" Said Motoyasu.

"Yeah I rather not play these stupid games of yours I gain nothing from it" Said Issei as he started to walk off.

"Does he really have a slave in his party?" Asked Itsuki.

"Man how low can this guy go?" Asked Ren.

Suddenly guards stopped Issei.

"I see that you used a demi-human as a slave in your party and that breaks our customs I order you to accept the duel" Ordered the king.

"Who are you to me so you could order me around?" Asked Issei.

"Such disrespect I'm your king and-" Said the king as he was interrupted by Issei.

"I bow down to no one, you ain't my king, and no one will be" Said Issei as he looked at the king with a cold glare that sent shivers to everyone who saw it.