Chapter 58: The ritual

"Let's get this over with before Ddraig and Eclair comes here to intervene with the ritual" Said Issei as he flew through the sky upwards to the castle where the dragon god of the three races statue resided.

Flying full speed it took him about five or eight minutes to get to the castle's gateway.

As Issei landed he released a small amount of steam from his nostrils and mouth.

"That was a good start for a light workout" Said Issei with a smile before walking inside through the gate.

Two more minutes and he was in front of the statue.

Right now he had a stare-down with it.

"I really hope you will fulfil my wish and won't actually kill me" Said Issei as he started to prepare.

He took out the golden scroll, a necklace, a dagger and another scroll that Ddraig gave him.

"Damn, now I'll waste my time on reading these two scrolls I should've done this sooner and practiced the words or something" Said Issei as he unwrapped Ddraig's given scroll.

*Attention! If master wishes the system can copy the text and narrate it to master to make it faster and more comfortable for master*

"Hell yeah! do that please!" Said Issei.

*This scroll is part of the sacrifice, it is not necessary for the ritual, but it can reduce the possibility of death by fifty percent if the user reads it before using the golden scroll, but at a cost of another sacrifice*

"What is this some sort of double sacrifice? what will I sacrifice using this?" Asked Issei.

*I'm getting to it, be more patient!*

"I swear this system gets more aggressive each day" Mumbled Issei.

*For the fifty percent of survival instead of one percent chance of survival the user's wish will be granted in a different kind of form, for instance, if the user wishes for an expensive weapon collection the user may get old rusty once expensive and valuable weapons, or if the user asks for an army he may get an army of dead soldiers who won't be of any use. Everything depends on the user's luck*

"Huh...I don't know about this...if I ask for power I may get something different and again knowing my luck in this world I will definitely get something else" Said issei.

Now he took the golden scroll and the system narrated for him again.

*Only worthy ones can read this sacred scroll of sacrificial wish. The user shall get their ultimate wish through a random sacrifice but there's only one percent chance of survival, it all depends on the user's luck*

"Same here with luck...hmm, I think I'll have to use the second scroll because if I'll get unlucky at least I will get to keep my life and the wish, but if I get unlucky with the one percent possibility of death...yeah I'd rather get out of this world while still alive" Said Issei.

The system continued to narrate the special items he needed and luckily he had all he needed.

"Alright, now onto the good part" Said Issei as he stood in front of the statue, put on the necklace, and started to read the chant of the second scroll to ensure his survival.

Unknown to him someone was watching him not too far away.

"What is he doing there?" Asked Eclair who was next to Ddraig who watched everything with narrowed eyes in silence.

Issei finished the chant of the second scroll and now the statue's eyes glowed red.

"That's a good sign right?" Asked Issei as he started to hesitate but remembered what was on the line, he forgot about all of the unnecessary thoughts and focused on the ritual at hand.