Chapter 37: So this happened...

Issei and Raphtalia returned to the village that they helped to protect at the beginning of the wave, to rest up for a bit.

While Raphtalia was playing with the village children Issei was talking with Ddraig mentally.

'It felt amazing using juggernaut drive, I would love to test it out more, I barely got a chance to use any of it's abilities' Said Issei.

'That's because that monster was really weak so you couldn't possibly test it out it's limits' Said Ddraig.

'Yeah, but when the monster shot that beam at Raphtalia I felt so much rage for some reason' Said Issei.

'That's because juggernaut drive always was triggered by rage and controlled by it, so now you can feel rage at least twenty times more than usually while using the drive, so it still has influence to some extent" Explained Ddraig.

'Alright, I'll have to keep that in mind' Said Issei.

'By the way, it didn't consume my life force this time, right?' Asked Issei.

'Rest assured, the drive isn't using your life force anymore rather it uses your magic reserves like veliana, but you have tons of magic reserves so you could fuel the drive for a month alone!" Said Ddraig.

'Yeah, sounds great, I'm glad my life force is safe for once' Said Issei as he let out a happy sigh.

'I think we should upgrade Raphtalia's class before the wave' Said Issei.

'I think that would be wise brother' Said Ddraig in agreement.

'So..... when ya gonna mark her as your mate?' Asked Ddraig.

'What's up with that question?' Asked Issei with a blush.

'C'mon, when will ya do it hmm?' Asked Ddraig.

'I don't know yet, I didn't think of that' Answered Issei.

'I think you should hurry with that' Said Ddraig.

'What? why?' Asked confused Issei.

'Because if she finds out about it like Ingvild she won't be too happy either' Answered Ddraig.

'Yeah, you are right buddy' Said Issei as he was about to leave to search for Raphtalia but got stopped by two royal knights.

"Sir Shield hero, you are to report to the king immediately" Said the knight.

"Huh?" Issei let out a confused sound.
"Alright whatever" Said Issei as he went to look for Raphtalia.

As he walked around he finally spotted her with some children.

"Having fun Raph?" Asked Issei as he walked towards her.

"Hm? ah yes we are" Said Raphtalia with a smile.

"You'd be a great mother" Said Issei as he noticed how the children were having fun with their bright smiles.

"Y-you think so?" Asked a blushing Raphtalia.
"I know so" Answered Issei.

"By the way, we have to go, the old fart wants to meet" Said Issei.

"You mean the king? what does he want?" Asked curious Raphtalia as she tilted her head slightly.

"I don't know, probably will talk about my juggernaut drive or something or we might get our rewards, but if it's about the drive then I might reveal that I'm a dragon" Said Issei.

"Oh, alright when are we leaving?" Asked Raphtalia.

"I'd like to leave now because the sooner we get there the sooner we will end" Said Issei.