The King's Castle

4 years later.....

Kahina

What's the difference between a forest, a mirror and a baby? Well actually there's a lot of difference obviously. And you probably think it's weird putting a baby in there. I promise you it'll make sense. Although it's weird either way.

What I should've asked is what they have in common. They see.

It's simple really. A forest sees a lot of things all living creatures do. And I'm talking those that walk and fly and even the ones that swim in rivers and lakes. Creatures that roam in the dark find comfort in the leaves and trees all over the forest. It's where most find protection and shelter. It notes death and brings forth life, an undisturbed cycle the plays new and old events alike. A forest has seen death and accepted it as part of it for every death a new flower blooms. A new life forms.

A mirror sees even the smallest details that we never notice. If you look deep enough you will notice you have a spot under your left eye or a string of hair that doesn't look like most of all your hairs. A mirror has seen a man die and has seen a baby being born. If they could speak they would whisper our secretes. A mirror is never old nor is it ever new, it -just like the Forrest- has seen the new and the old and it yet has never uttered the secrete of life.

A baby sees a lot too, whether animal or person. A newborn baby, days old or even over a year old have seen more than they can understand. Their little minds that have little information and little to think about provide them the privilege pf an open mind. Just they haven't developed enough to know what it is and yet they still see it. They see through people better than an old wise woman could see through a person. Their tiny cute eyes can see spirits and yet people take that as nothing.

Do you know what those have in common? They see what we do not and none of them can tell you what they saw.

The main focus is on the forest though. The forest watches and if it could speak, it would judge. It would show them how heartless they are. It could show us that we are not the heroes we think we are, we are murderers as much as they are.

Murdering a murder doesn't make you good, it makes you the serial killer of serial killers. Sure it may be beneficial to victims but you're just as much a victim to those killers as the others. Because taking a life comes with a price. A piece of you. And taking a lot of lives? It consumes you whole. It awakens a sinister, darker part of you that basks in the glories of having the power of God. And no one should have the power of God.

My sister and I made a promise to our father three years ago, well, almost four it's our birthday in eight days. We made a promise to keep each other safe but we also made a promise to avenge our parents. From the ones we hadn't met to the one that raised us to be the strong women we are today.

We have been on the run for 3 years and have never found a place to settle because guess what? Leeches. They are everywhere and it's so annoying.
But they are not our only problem. Those mutt savages aren't very nice in sharing their home either.

Wolves are strong and fast as much as vampires but they have weaknesses and their weaknesses are their mates and families. Werewolves value nothing more than their families and therefore decided not to interfere when the vampire King decided to enslave the whole human population. The witches, fairies and demons alike, or basically any other crazy creatures out there give zero shits so they never intervened.

Though there's only a few of those creatures around. The barrier that separates the supernatural realm and the human realm was long broken and both supernatural and human kind were spat on each world. Though no one has traveled between the realms, it's rumored that realm earth 2.0 -as legend named it- lives in peace. Unbeknownst to the existence of vampires. They live how we wish to.