Brothers

Rowan

"Your grace," Bows Frederick before he continues. "Forgive my intrusion but her majesty, Queen Elsa has arrived." He raised back on his feet once he finishes his sentence.

His words catch my attention, turning my head towards him as I take a moment to register them. Of course I expected this, I just don't like it, but then again, this is my mother I speak of.

I nod in his direction and dismiss him with a wave of my hand. Frederick is my family as much as he serves me. His family has served mine for centuries, centuries before even I existed. He used to look after me as a child and he still looks after me now. I may be stronger than him in many ways but he is my voice of reason, that is how he looks after me. He also looks after my sister and I appreciate him for that and he knows. The way I treat him is different from the way I treat others.

I prefer my followers to have nothing more than loyalty to I and the throne. Only then do they get granted strength and a will to move on with their lives. This means I don't tolerate any and all forms of weakness they show, because the throne shall not be guarded by weak, pathetic excuses of warriors.

If a man whimpers or starts to get nervous while I'm in their presence, without even attempting to frighten them, they would get fired if I'm feeling generous. I will have no man act like they are humans in my army. Frederick is far from fearing me, he understands me.

I make my way to my mother's temporary living chambers as irritation clouds my vision, but even if it does I wouldn't show it to her. My mother loves to bother me even when she knows I am busy. I'm glad she lives oceans away from me but that doesn't seem to stop her and her unexpected visit that she announced only three hours prior to her arrival is proof of that.

Whatever she wants I'm pretty sure she could've asked Aurora to help her with because she said her reason for a visit is to see both of us. She loves disturbing me. It's like a hobby to her, it helps her breathe.

I knock on her chambers and wait for her call. After a few moments too long, the doors open for me wide and my mother comes into vision wearing a silver slick dress that touches the floor. The sun that seeps into the room accompanies its glistening rays as her milky white skin brightness with it completely. She looks like a futuristic angel, my mother has always looked like an angel. Her heart shaped face and her glistening smile aren't the only ones that give her the look of an angel. Her soft brown eyes and even softer voice could make even the devil question his flaws, I wonder how my father ever resisted that. Resisted her perfection.

Now I know my mother, I know her as a woman with class but I also know her as a woman that doesn't like the concept of flying much. Which means whenever she does fly -which is often even with her hate for it- she always flies with comfortability and what she is wearing right now, it looks anything but that for an airplane travel.

"What is the dress for?" I don't bother with formalities or even saying I missed her. She was just here not two weeks ago and she will be here in the next.

"Oh sweeties thank you very much. Give us some space shall you." She dismisses the two servant humans that opened the door for me. I'm guessing they are the ones that had helped her get changed or so.

They bow, making sure to keep their heads down and with the right etiquette before complying to her orders. I ignore their obvious fear upon my presence, their fear is uncontrollable and I have grown used to it. Although, it sometimes irks me.

My mother on the other hand is very generous and soft spoken. She treats the humans like they are anything but food and undeserving service. She's too kind for my liking but unlike the rest of the people in my kingdom, she has free will. She may not be stronger than me but she is the one that gave me this life and shall be treated as so, as the Queen she is.