Distractions

Rowan's POV

I felt so much pride when I saw my mate gracefully own the dance. People bowing to her satisfied so much in me and so much in me has been waiting for this moment for centuries and I finally got to see it.

My kitty definitely was holding her claws back when some of these useless so-called royals were looking down on her. As someone who doesn't socialise much, I decided to take her to the dance floor. Though mother did say she struggled a lot with learning how to dance, she really did great for it to be her first official time. I realised even though her heartbeat betrays her, Kahina is not scared of a crowd. She only fears not being good enough yet she's always perfect.

"This night is taking slower than I anticipated." I whisper in her ear. I noticed that this does something to her and the smell of her arousal only does so much on my ego.

"You mean you can't wait to strip me naked?" She replies as we move to the music.

"You get me so much mate." I reply.

Suddenly I get that feeling that something was wrong. The same one I had right before I found out that my mate and her sister were here. These humans wouldn't be so stupid would they?

"What's wrong?" Kahina asks noticing that I had suddenly stopped.

I was trying to block everyone at the dancefloor's mind whilst I reached my guards from afar. I heard Kahina call my name but something was wrong. I had a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach.

"Rowan?" My head snaps to Kahina and I see her worried face. The force disappeared as quickly as it came. That was weird.

"I'm okay. I thought I... heard something." I make some stupid excuse but she doesn't ask about it.

The rest of the night was the usual socialising and meeting important members of our kingdom. I still hate socialising but I can never stand my mate meeting all these men in a breathtaking dress.

Right now my mate and I were in our bedchambers after a long night. I have been absent minded because i have been thinking about earlier. I sat in my bed as I stared at a distance thinking about tonight.

"I had hoped this dress would be off of me by now." I heard my mate say but my attention wasn't on her words.

"Mmm." I hummed in response.

I heard her scoff of which took my attention. I lifted my eyes so I looked at her. She was standing close to the bathroom door, faced away from me. She removed her dress which immediately took my attention.

She was wearing a sexy white thong which made me smile as I removed myself from the bed. Was she trying to seduce me? It worked.

"Don't even think about it." Her words made me stop in my tracks.

"Are you mad at me, love?" I say as I looked at her. I was really hoping she she would turn around but I could tell how mad she was.

"I don't know Rowan. I really don't." And just like that she disappears in the bathroom.

It would make sense she was mad. She was anxious all night as she tried to impress so many people she doesn't know and the one thing I could've done was make her feel better. Except my mind was distracted, I never have feelings about these types of things and they end up being wrong.

Maybe I should give Kahina her moment. I changed my suit into some workout clothes as I decided to go on border patrol for once. If not that then search the whole castle to ensure everything is intact. I can only confirm my suspicions if I get satisfied that it was only paranoia from my eyes not if I ask someone else.

***

Kahina'a POV

After a nice 45 minute shower I felt so much better. It's like a ton of weight has been lifted from my awful and stressful night. Do I have to endure these always? And how very often do I have to? I can't be around people I feel I don't like without me giving them a piece of my mind or a piece of my first or something.

When I got out of the shower with the white towel against my chest, I saw the room was empty. My now heightened senses told me Rowan has been gone for a while. It's insane to say that I was hoping I was going to have some relaxing sexual pleasure from my mate after a long stressful night.

I know I was being overly dramatic by being mad at him and maybe he wouldn't be gone right now. I miss him already. I decided to comb my hair and tied it into a messy bun in their wet state. I'm not a big fan of hot air hairdryers. I wore some sweatpants and a comfortable sports bra. Sleeping in a sports bra and underwear is such a nice feeling people don't get it.

As I finished getting dressed, I went back in to the room and saw that it was still empty. Where could he be?

I decided not to think into it too much as I grabbed a book in one of his bookcases in the room. Well, my bookcase because it's here because I read a lot.

I let myself relax as I read the soft peace of paper filled with unimaginable imagination. That was funny in my head, sorry.

After hours of reading, I realised that Rowan was still not back, is he mad at me? I don't like when people don't talk to me when they are mad, I do it so it doesn't mean they have to do it to me.

I don't remember when I fell asleep but it was such a relaxing sleep.

.....................................................................................

Hey lovies, excited for boon two? I hope you are because it's coming out soon!