Puzzles solved

Kahina's POV

After my talk with Alexei, I couldn't focus on anything else thinking about his words. Could it be true that I can get Rowan to change the laws and free humans?

My mind has been calculating so many things it's giving me a headache. I think too much and that causes headaches, I got used to it but sometimes they get intense. This is one of those times. Maybe because I hadn't seen Rowan all day.

I tried stopping the thinking but it's like I'm fighting an inner battle without any weapons, I'm losing it. My whole face is heating up. I winced at the sharp pain I felt on the sides of my head. The door suddenly opened and warm comforting hands. I felt the familiar sparks and that amazing scent. It instantly made the pain start to subside but it still didn't go away.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Rowan says brushing my hair out of my face.

"Nothing, just a stupid headache." I say.

"Should I take you to the doctor? Do you need some pain tablets?" He says.

His voice sounds so concerned and way different from the way he was when I met him.

"You have pain tablets?" Why would he need those?

"I live with you now, and humans tend to have unnecessary pain sometimes, especially women." He hesitated saying the last part as he scratches the back of his head, he's not wrong though.

He said he lives with me not that I live in his bed chambers. He is saying it like we are a couple who chose to stay together, I didn't choose this but I'm kind of glad I didn't have a choice. I definitely would've chosen any other option if I did.

"Oh, okay. I think I could use those. Thank you." He went to the bathroom for a short while and came back with some pills and water.

"You're always prepared aren't you?" I say once I was done swallowing the pills. I hope that's the only thing he is willing to make me swallow. Wait where did that come from?

"I have to be. Feel better?"

"I will." I adjust myself so I'm in a seating position. He still sat by me, looking at every move I make but he didn't seem like he was very focused. Something is on his mind.

He was in his usual attire, dress pants and dress shirt. His watch on his left wrist and his hair, well it seemed like it was gelled and styled before but now some dark brown strands fell over his dark orbs like they were wet. He is truly such a beautiful man, he's out of this world. I noticed something silver under the shirt he wore, some sort of silver chain which I'm assuming is nothing but a simple jewelry, but have I not seen it before?

"Now tell me, what is it?"

"Actually it's what you're not telling me." I added.

"What are you talking about?"

"This problem with wolves. You won't tell me about it." I thought it's better to tackle one issue at a time.

"Because it's not something you should be concerning yourself with."

"Rowan, kids were abducted and you're telling me not to worry about it?" I could feel the annoyance from him. I don't know how but I felt like I could feel his emotions in some way, or I could feel them before they show, he's not exactly an open book but he has been to me. Maybe it's the energy in the room after I dropped that on him.

"Which is why it is none of your business, Kahina. I am trying to protect you here and I can't if you're going to be stubborn about it." His voice sounded tired and in no mood to argue. I never thought vampires actually tire like us humans when things get tough.