Acceptance

Rowan's POV

I took a much needed long shower. My hair was getting longer, I will need a haircut soon. I was able to ease my anger and worries as my mind replayed the part where my mate is home safe. But it also replayed the fact that she was happy to see Alexander more than me. What is that about?

Camilla drove me to madness with her unfaithful acts. Jealousy and rage over took me, which is why I came to be. According to Kahina's mind, she has little to no interest in relationships even to mine. I still hate that that blonde boy that was with her when we first met was still in her mind. She cared for him if not loved him.

Speaking of love, I just remembered something that I didn't even notice because I was mad at myself. Kahina said she loved me. Even though she called me a monster too, she said she loved me. To me that sounds like someone who accepted the bond. Did she accept the bond?

The clouds seemed to be acting very unusual since that day. Could it be her power includes something connected to it? I have these unanswered questions that I know I will not get from her. I should at least convince her to speak to me before getting some of those answers.

I walked out of the bathroom, back to the closest. I did not miss her multiple glances at me. Arousing my mate is too easy, or maybe it's because she has only met little boys. Just by seeing me half naked, I could smell it though not much but it was there.

When I walked out, I saw her still lying on the bed. She was now under the covers and lying to on her stomach. Her breaths were normal and so was her heartbeat. She was no longer mad, she was relaxed.

"Why won't he talk to me? Dickhead." I heard her thoughts. I've never been more relieved to hear her cussing at me. So she wants me to talk to her?

"Of course universe, make him impossibly gorgeous. I sure as hell will enjoy trying to avoid him." She thought again. Her thoughts held sarcasm.

A smirk escaped my lips.

"Don't act like you don't enjoy his attention though. Shut up conscious!" She was fighting with herself. I quite enjoy this.

"He can read my mind and yet I can't stop thinking about him. Doesn't mean anything, he still owes me an apology."

I started walking up to the bed. She now noticed me as I approached her and her head lifted slightly. Her eyes met mine again, they went back on her pillows upon seeing me for a few seconds.

I got inside the bed and thought to myself, where do I initiate a conversation? I decided it's better if I got closer to her. I expected her to protest as I got closer and closer. I put my hand on her waist and pulled her to me. She allowed me to by not protesting. Her heartbeat was going crazy while her breathing was calm and relaxed.

"I'm sorry." I started to say but she never replied. "I haven't been a good mate. I want you to trust me Kahina, for now trust I will give you what you want. I just have to update the vampires on the new change, but I need you to understand."

I felt her squirming until she turned to face me. Little space was between us and her face was unreadable but she wasn't pushing me away.

"You will give me what I want? What exactly is that?" I am not sure if I expected her question but I do know I didn't expect anything less.

"You want the freedom of humans." Her eyes went wide at my words. That is a reaction I didn't expect.

"That's not the only thing I want." She says.

"Whatever you want, I will give you."

"Freeing humans is easy Rowan. With a single word they would let them go, but the hard part is what I'm afraid you will fail to give me." She says.

"I do not know what that is." What else does she want me to give her? She's been speaking about giving humans their freedom of will.

"Your past." She says.

I wasn't sure what she meant but at the same time, I think I knew what she meant. She wants me to talk about Camilla. She wants to know about her, that is a topic too sensitive to speak of.

I lifted myself so I was in a seating position. She did the same as she watched me. She didn't say anything but wait for me.

"Maybe not tonight." I say. Her features showed disappointment but she quickly covered it with a calm face.

"It's okay. A lot happened today and.. I don't want to push you if you're not ready." Her next words took me by surprise. I thought she would be mad at me and not want to talk until I cave in. I didn't say anything as I gave her a small smile.

"Rowan," She said my name as her hands went up to my neck. She pulled me softly towards her until she rested her forehead on mine. "I care about you. Today I realised I did need you. And as much as I get hurt, I hurt you too. I don't want us to hurt each other."

For the first time, I felt her true feelings for me. This only means she accepts our bond. Her words were sincere and her feelings were something painful but also felt good. She had as much feelings for me as I did for her.

"I love you, Kahina." My mouth said before I could even think about it.

"I love you too." And with that her lips met mine.

This kiss was different from the ones before. It had emotion, from both parties I felt like people who had been waiting for it for a long time. She is everything I wanted in a mate and so much more. Our kiss was electric and I couldn't help but pull her closer to me as she did too. My mate accepted me as her mate. I've never been happier.

.....................................................................................

Hey love bugs! This was my favourite chapter. Don't forget to tell me about yours! X