A New Queen

Alexander's POV

My friend's problems keep getting more complicated. Isabella is a representative of the counsel, also an old flame of Rowan's. She's not the most favored person in our family. Especially not by me.

The counsel was not going to be silent for too long and this is the worst thing they could've done. Sending Isabella here complicated things for our new guests, she's very snoopy and vigilant, that is if Rowan doesn't charm her to distract her. She's easily pulled into his spell therefore making things easy but not as easy. She's still trouble.

That's why I'm on my way to his chambers to fetch the twins. The moment Isabella walked into his office he mind linked me to get them out of his room. We're lucky she didn't look for him there first or else she would've hurt them.

She is also jealous and believes she was destined to be Queen so anyone she would find out was involved with him, she kills them. Rowan didn't mind that but if she would kill his mate, that would just be repeating history. And this time we can't fail Rowan, we must protect his mate at all costs.

"Hey, where's Rowan? You can smell that too right?! The she-devil enters our house. And why are you walking so fast and not answering my questions!" A rambling Aurielia says as she walks fast with me.

"I have to get the twins out of there. Keep watch I'm going to take them to the basement." I say and she stands guard incase the she-devil shows up.

I barged into Rowan's chambers and see the girls laughing and chattering along with Freya.

"Brother! Hey, is everything alright?" Freya already saw that there was something up.

"We need to get you girls to the gym stat." I say, "Freya take Reinette, we're speeding out of here." I say heading to Kahina, I know she is gonna resist.

"But won't we be detected?" Freya asks.

"Why what's happening? I'm not going anywhere if you do-" Kahina was already complaining but I sped out taking her with me when she least expected.

We made it to an elevator between the walls that leads to the gym. Luckily I could hear Freya was on my tail. We actually made it alive. As soon as I was sure we did not leave any human scent behind, I put Kahina down because she was wiggling herself off of me.

"What the fuck is going on?! Are you trying to kidnap me? Or us? Where's my sister you little di-" There was a rush of wind that passed by us and back. Freya comes with a lot of wind considering her powers have high chances of being triggered when she's using her vampire speed.

She put Rainette who was shivering like crazy. "I am so so sorry." Freya frantically apologizes with a look of worry.

"I'm okay, oh my goodness why were you so cold?" Reinette asks.

"I still haven't been answered." Kahina says.

"Okay ladies, follow me. All your questions will be answered on the way okay?" I say.

"How can we know to trust you?" Kahina questions.

"I'm the closest person to Rowan, although I love how you don't trust easily, prevents you from being naïve." I say turning on my heel.

"Even the closest people are capable of betrayal. That's why it's called betrayal because your enemies can't betray you." She makes a good point.

"I remember your sister saying that you are a good swordsman, I mean woman. Do you know what my powers are?" I say, she looks at me waiting for the answer.

"What does Rowan not talk about me?"

"We hardly talk and besides, I never thought you even could talk." She says walking past me to the elevator.

She has a point, I am 95% quiet. Observing my surroundings and studying people is my hobby. It's not true, my powers of being an unbeatable swordsmen are lies. The unbeatable part is true, the name of my power isn't. I have the power to study people and figure out their move before they make it. Use that in a swordfight then you got yourself a mad talent.

I calculate any possibilities of a fight before it even commences. It's a dangerous power and a lot of people want and hate it. That's why no one must know because then they would be after me.

"What if we tested if you could beat me?" I say.

The doors to the gym open. The grey and black room filled with gym equipments comes to view. This is home, my only favourite part of the castle.

"This is where you should've taken me the first day.," Kahina says, for the first time I've met her she was actually smiling. I think Rowan should've been present to see this. She loves the gym doesn't she?

"You like the gym?" I asked her.

"More like obsessed, anything that requires energy my sister likes it." Reinette says behind me.

"I like the gym don't get me wrong right? But junk food? I choose it." Freya says. It's true there is nothing she loves more than burgers.

"So shall we have our fight my Queen?" I say to Kahina.

"I know you are trying to distract me. Spill." Of course Rowan's mate would be as smart as him.

I looked at Freya and saw she was looking at me too. Freya didn't know why we had to run but she trusted me, passing by Auri she must've caught the scent of Isabella, meaning she understands now. She nodded at me to tell the truth. I sighed and looked at the girl who had her arms crossed as if she is a parent waiting for their kid to confess what they did.

"Okay fine, the counsel has sent their representative. If you feared us then you should fear her more. She hates humans to a pulp and she would kill you before she even thought about asking your names." I say. I don't tell her the full truth, it might make things harder for Rowan. And on the other side, it's not my right to expose him like that.

Silence soon followed us when I finished speaking. Obviously they had no words, I don't blame them.

"I keep wondering what we did to vampires." Reinette says, more to herself than everyone else. As if on cue, the elevator opens.

"Hey guys, it's not looking good up there." Auri says walking in the gym holding cake?

Why of all places would she come down here with cake?

"Oooooo cake!" Freya says rushing to grab the cake from Auri.

"No! Bad Freya! Fre- nooooo stay way!" They start chasing each other for the cake. Kids.

"I want cake." Reinette says giving a puppy dog face. It's not going to work with those two savages.

I was distracted by the girls and their childish behaviour that I didn't notice Kahina was standing alone and looked to be in deep thought. I decided to walk over to her, while the three were distracted .

"Everything alright?" I say standing next to her.

"What will happen if Rowan doesn't choose a Queen in the next few weeks?" She's worried about that? Of course.

"Maybe he should tell you." I say, I'm not completely sure but I am sure it won't end well.

"He isn't here. Right now I'm asking you. What will happen to me?" She turns to me. She may not have the dominating power like Rowan yet, but she definitely fears nothing.

"There's a possibility they will find him someone to be his Queen. I am not sure what he will do." I say. I think I saw hurt in her eyes before she covered it.

"Well, too bad for him. We were going to fight right?" She says heading towards the others, leaving me standing by the wall alone.

She may act like she doesn't care but she definitely feels the mate bond. The more time they spend together, the stronger the pull grows. Soon she won't be able to stand it, I just hope soon won't be too late.

....................................................................................

Hey guys! I hope you're having a lovely day. Here's a chapter for you❤️