Rowan, The Prince

Kahina's POV

I'm still in shock by what happened. I feel like a bad person and at the same time relieved. I was taking Quincy to meet the Vampire King not even knowing how he would react. The five year old was too much to resist.

He kept eye contact with me and would glance at everyone around then back to me. He didn't know how to react but he was really holding himself in place. I quite enjoyed messing with him. I must admit he is the biggest giant to ever be afraid of something so small, it was so cute.

"Don't ever do that again." Rowan warns breaking the silence. It wasn't in a negative way but more like an amused way.

After our encounter with Quincy, Rowan ensured to make us leave. I'm sure whatever he has planned next was just a way to get me to leave.

"You are not too fond of kids are you?" I say.

"No, I just don't like small things, they are too fragile." He says sternly. Wait so he was afraid to hurt the little girl? So he's afraid of small things because he might hurt them? Rowan of all people? Strange...

"Have you ever thought about having children?" I ask suddenly, I regretted the question as soon as I asked it. He doesn't answer it, just as I expected.

I decided not to pry, I shouldn't push my limits after all. We're not that close

He just continued to focus on the road. I would've annoyed him but I just can't stop thinking about it. I started seeing trees as he drove further. It took me a while to notice that we were in the woods. I got that feeling again as if all my problems were lifted. The feeling that I belong to the forest.

I opened the window and inhaled deeply and hummed at the relief. I feel some sort of belonging to the forest.

"Why are we here?" I ask Rowan.

"There." He says. When I was about to turn to him to ask him what he's talking about, I saw a clearing. There was a cliff, a beautiful cliff and down from it a lot of lights.

Rowan got out of his side of the car, I was about to open mine but he was quick to open it for me.

"I can open my door you know." I say as he helps me off.

"You know some females consider this as an act of a gentleman." He says.

"Some females are not me." I reply.

"Thankfully." He says as he guided me to the clearing.

"What is this place?" I say.

"It's Mount Beach. The only view that provides all of my- our Kingdom." I don't argue with him when he says that. I don't even want to start.

I kept my eyes on the view. It's beautiful. It's peaceful but when you look deeper. The streets are filled with blood and corpses of our ancestors. The ones who fought for us and the ones who never tried. My heart pains at the thought. My grandparents might've been part of that, the slaughtered.

Suddenly I got this illuminating scent. Banana bread. I love banana bread but why is it in the forest? I turned around and all the air got knocked out of me. There was a small picnic. Rowan was busy on a phone call, his back was faced away showing me the full view of his back muscles. He was no longer wearing his coat, why did he need it again?

My attention went back to the small picnic. There were candle lights, wine glasses and everything. This is cute and fancy. When did he set this all up? Whilst I was looking at the view?

"You like it?" Rowan turned around and put his cellphone in his pocket. He walked over me and gave me his hand. It took it because you know, food? I also love the warmth and feeling of the sparks.