Vampire Queen

Kahina's POV

I expected nothing less than Rowan to act the way he has been acting lately. Freedom for humans has started and he's been very salty about it. I don't blame him and I know he hates every moment of it but he knows there's nothing I want more than equality between us. Vampires need blood, true, but they don't need to kill.

Xander told me that a vampire can make a human enjoy the feeling of being bitten and it doesn't have to be too much blood that they lose consciousness. As much as Rowan has now put Xander as my royal bodyguard, he isn't so fond of our relationship because he has jealousy issues.

Another interesting thing has been the fact that we completed the mate bond. I found out that as now a full royal, I have powers, or a power. The weather reacts to my feelings and I can't exactly control it. Freya has been trying to teach me. My sister and Henry haven't completed theirs, she's afraid of being marked. It's painful as hell but then again, Rowan has bitten me before. Marking ended up in making me super horny which I find weird.

Every now and then I hear a voice in my head and it drives me crazy. Rowan tells me he feels another presence whenever he looks inside my head, although he says it doesn't feel dangerous. Sometimes I don't feel I am in full control of my body. It's another thing that has Rowan on the edge. It has been two full weeks and it's still there, we haven't been getting attacks from those monsters either, that's another unknown and unsettling mystery.

As of right now, I have a stylist and a makeup artist working on my hair and make up for the ball. As Rowan's Queen, it's essential for me to be introduced to other Royals before my coronation. I can't believe I agreed to all of this. But one can not deny the mate bond I guess, I don't exactly want to. I am very much honestly and openly in love with Rowan. I am not afraid to show it.

"Oh my goodness you look so gorgeous!" I almost jumped when I hear the loud voice coming from behind me.

Auriela was wearing a striking nude dress that hugged her body and reached the floor. Her hair was tied into a neat bun whereas her bangs flowed on her beautiful face. She walked in the room making me turn to her.

"Can you guys give us a moment?" I say and they nod as they started packing their stuff ready to leave.

"We are done anyway, my Queen." Paola replies and they both bow before they left.

"Should I be worried about tonight?" I ask her.

"Yes very much. Royals love to look down on each other, the fact that you are also now an unknown creature they will certainly give you a hard time. Don't worry though, Rowan is not afraid to put everyone in their place." She explains as she sat on my desk.

"Please don't scare her, love." I hear from behind me making me turn around.

Alexei was looking sharp in a tuxedo with his new haircut. He did side shaves and honestly, it was a nice look for him I'll be honest.

"I'm being honest. Come on let's go." She defends as she walks towards him.

"My Queen." He bows before they both leave.

I am expected to enter those big doors alone. Can you believe that? Alone! What if I trip? I'm not ready for this and I haven't even seen Rowan so he could make me feel better.

I walked slowly from my room heading to the ballroom. There were many guards and their line lead me to the ballroom. I was so scared and this dress did not make it feel any better. My sister and Auriela decided to get me the most revealing dress.

All my tattoos were on display as my whole back was bare and the dress only connected on my stomach whilst the upper part only covered my breasts. The lower part reached the floor and also had a slit that revealed my thigh. I wore midnight black 6 inch heels that matched the dress. Trust me when I say I learned how to walk in heels this high in just these two weeks.