The council's representative

Rowan's POV

I was impressed with my mate that I won't lie about. I want to admit it but I know she's too petty and would find joy in it. Thinking about it, I think I would love to see it.

I know she wanted to say something about the high council. Something like how they allowed one species to be enslaved. Well that's an answer for later. Right now I have to deal with this one problem that won't click it's heels away from me. Isabella.

I heard my mate's heart beat faster than normal when she saw her, though I couldn't smell fear. Her expression was of awe as if Isabella was some sort of goddess, did she think she's attractive? My mate can't be attracted to women too, even worse, Isabella. She wasn't scared of her, maybe she was piecing together that Isabella just called me love.

"Get her out of here. Now." I mindlinked Alexander. As per usual he hates being in her presence so she won't care when he leaves.

Alexander walks over to my mate roughly yanks her arm. "What the- Hey!" Of course I knew she will fight. I know Alexander hates it too but we have to hurt her. She better not be bruised though or we would have to talk.

"Please, leave willingly mate. Please." I mindlink her and she stopped struggling and looked over to me.

"I haven't seen a feisty human in years. Would you like me to take care of it love?" Isabella stopped in front of Alexander.

"Stay out of my way Isabella." Alexander warns.

He doesn't get easily agitated but he has limits sometimes and this might be one of those times as he looks at the man in front of him with distaste.

"Grumpy aren't you? Cálmate Xander." Alexander growls at the nickname, he doesn't hate it, he hates her.

"Oh what a shame it would be if that Gucci top would get blood all over honey. Come and ignore the disrespectful male. He is definitely not worth it. Now who did that make up?" My mother says completely distracting her.

She loves to get asked about her looks so much it easily distracts her.

"Oh if you must ask. Do you know Bria? She is a famous stylist, I had Amanda before but she smelled delicious so.. well I upgraded." She laughs completely ignoring Alexander and my mate, thank goodness. Meanwhile, I want to throw myself off the building. As long as Alexander is gone with my mate. I finally feel relaxed.

"Why are you here anyway Isabella?" Henry asks.

"To spend time with my King, Prince." She spit out the word Prince with disgust.

Henry is second in line and with the way me and my father were clashing, there was a possibility he would be king rather than me. Isabella had a strong crush on him then, now not so much, which is proof that she only wants power.

"I don't know how many times I have told you, that really doesn't bother me. Besides, then I'd have to take you as my Queen, not in my wildest dreams." Henry spoke with smugness in his voice, very happy to put Isabella in her place. Isabella's eyes showed growing anger and annoyance.

I heard Freya's snicker from the corner. She's been quiet. "What are you laughing at snow flake?!" Isabella snaps at Freya.

"You know I just remembered I want muffins. Why don't you come and help me get stuff from the shelf brother?" She says linking their arms and pulling Henry out of the room. I expected my mother to go but she is seated comfortably and her demeanor had changed from nice to...well my mother when she's ready to kill.

"Anyway, we didn't get a clear answer. You are early so why are you here?" I asked Isabella.

"Okay fiiiinnneeee. You got me. I just wanted to plan the ball with you. Prepare you for choosing me." She says.