Getting to Know About You

Reinette's POV

It's been a very long day, it started off horribly and my sister was in a brink of death and here I was laughing with one of the people responsible for it. It's almost dark and I guess the King is having a hard time with my sister if he is going that long.

"Your hair is beautiful." I jumped when I heard a deep voice coming from the door. The very same voice that made me feel things that were forbidden for our kinds of species to feel for one another.

The tall man with dark hair and striking blue eyes looked at me. Except he was looking at me the way he looked at me when we first laid eyes on each other. Like I'm the most precious thing on earth. The thought made me almost cry knowing that the one thing I've always wanted was for someone to think of me like that, he happens to be the bad guy and my sister hates his guts. But I have to focus, they still almost killed my sister.

"I know, that's why I'm known as the Ginger haired bitch, according to your kind." He was quick to frown when I said that. He removed himself from the door and started walking to me.

As much as my heart was beating very fast I tried to be as normal as I can be just like Kahina. She is so good at hiding her feelings it scares the heck out of me when she's mad. She is like some sort of sociopath.

"I would never call you that, or anything that would hurt you." I'm mad because he always knows what to say!

I stayed quiet and I looked straight at him. I know vampires feel they are being challenged when you look at them strain with no fear. I hadn't expected a the smirk he gave me. Why is hot? Damn it!

"I love how feisty you are. And angel, challenging me is only turning me on." He says with a deeper voice that turned me on! Oh goodness gracious I am a traitor. "I can hear your heartbeat." He says. I snapped out of whatever trans I was in when he said that.

"I'm not feisty, my sister is. I'm the nice twin, but I do give people a hard time."I say.

"But Freya said it was fun staying with you. How come it won't with me?" His voice sounds seductive but his face does not match it. Or maybe it's me because him being hot is so suffocating.

"How does this mate thing work?" I ask him a question that has been bothering me.

"Well, the Moon Goddess created every supernatural being to have another half, they are made to tame them, if have to." He doesn't ask my sudden change of topic. I actually appreciate it.

"Mate is short for soulmate, I don't get why it's called that even today. But a mate is important to us whether vampire, wolf, witch or warlock, Banshee, Fairy, Elves, Cyclone and many others. We swore our lives to keep them safe. Humans wrote about this in the early ages, except all those who have seen or known about us called them a madman, well now they know. Although they are not as accurate." He says sitting next to me. This topic is more interesting than my sister's favourite books. Long story.

"You can't live without your other half once you've met them. You feel an instant connection, you're drawn to them by a force that can't be controlled or denied. Some never meet their mate because they are either dead, or they die after they meet them. A mate's death is very hard to handle no matter how long you've known them, some commit suicide and some become a shell of who they used to be." His facial expression looks as if he knows about it too well.

"Have you met another mate before?" I find myself asking. I hate that I asked because he may give me a reply I won't like.

"No, I only have one." He says that with a look of admiration as he takes my hands up to his lips. I could feel the sparks from the contact of our skin and the loud beat of my heart, I don't think I can hear anything right now.

"Someone I know went through it, the death of his mate. But he found a second chance mate. Second chance mates are rare, most don't believe they are true. Those who get second chance mates, we believe have been favoured by our Moon Goddess. I don't want another besides you, Reinette." He says. It hasn't even been long but could feel me losing myself to this man but he is the enemy. How can something so deadly speak so sweetly? Why is that the most forbidden people are the ones we crave most?

Our moment was disturbed by a knock on the door. I saw the annoyance in his eyes. He looks cuter when he is annoyed. He shouted for the other person to enter.

The girl from earlier, Freya, I think got inside looking beautiful. Well she had time to look fancy.

"Sorry for disturbance, Henry but Rowan said his mate asks for her sister, and we also have somewhere to be." She says. Finally!

"Right, I almost forgot then. We will be talking another time?" Henry says looking back at me.

"Sure, as long as I will see my sister looking better. This birthday just got better." I say jumping off the bed.

"Birthday???" Freya and Henry said in unison, they looked shocked.

"Yeah it's our birthday today. Don't worry we never celebrate it anyway, a lot of bad things happen on our birthday so it remains as the reminder of those things." I assure them. My sister and I both hated the day because it was also the day we lost Papa. "Shall we?"

I said and took Freya's hand. They both said nothing as we left. I guess I left them in shock.

::::::::::.:::::::.::::::.::::::.::::::.:::::.:::::.:::::.:::::.::::.:::::::

Hey guys, hope you liked the chapter. Many more are coming your way!