The High Court

Rowan's POV

The flight was very silent and fortunately short. My mother was still mad at me and Henry just didn't want to leave his mate so he didn't have much to say.

My thoughts were filled with the blue eyed girl with fiery ginger hair that matched her personality so well it was scary. Everytime I think about what she said, my mind fills with her face and Camilla's. How was I wrong to try and make sure my mate never has to be hurt? With Camilla it had to take years of training to be strong enough to protect herself. But with Kahina, she only lacks the strength, she only needs to accept the bond, get her powers and let me turn her. I know I may sound like my father but most of the things he said were true. I can't lead with a weak female.

Vampire mates can have the strength of their significant other. If they accept the bond. Though they will not be as strong as they are if they are not a full vampire and unlock their true strength. In my mate's situation, she's mated to a royal therefore she will have her own powers as a royal when she accepts the bond but that's not enough. She can't be a human with fragile feelings and body, she needs to be more and she can be more. She just needs to stop fighting me.

I know we are far from that, not to mention, I have to keep my mind straight. It's now time for the meeting and my mother and brother walk with me side by side to the council room.

When we reach the big oak doors, from the other side I could smell all council members were present so I put my stoic face on.

"Your majesties," Philip, a warlock that guards our meetings whenever we hold them in their kingdom, bows in our presence before opening the doors.

There stood the Warlock king and queen, the Fae Queen and her daughter, the Elf King with his right hand woman and finally, Lucien and his beta. And each counsel representative with them, they act as lawyers. He sat there like he does not have any problem in the world.

My mother and my brother took their seats on opposite sides of me.

"Glad you have finally decided to join us Alpins." Hugo, the Warlock king says. "Let's get to business shall we?"

My eyes were set on Lucien and his to mine. Lucien stands alone which means he doesn't have a mate. Our kinds have always despised each other but he doesn't seem like someone who knows why we are here.

"Alpins, state your reason for this emergency meeting as we all have responsibilities in this room." Hugo says, not bothering to sugarcoat his words.

Henry stands from his seat as my representative to speak. "Thank you King Banderas. As some of you know and some of you don't know, for the past month our kingdom has faced threats outside our walls. Children have been abducted and most of our guards have been brutally killed." He finishes.

"Oh yes, word has it you have a vigilante problem, a human vigilante." The Elf king's right hand woman comments. I look in her direction and see her face painted with no fear. Her King might be the quiet one but she has a big mouth.

"How do your problems concern us vampire?" Andri, the Fae queen says.

Her mention of species would be offensive if it was said out of spite but she calls everyone like that because she is not in any way nice. She doesn't care about being nice either.

"Because not too long ago we have found out what, or rather who is responsible for this." Henry replies. "And the human problem was not much of a problem." He adds.

Lucio raises his eyebrow as he turns his attention from Henry to me. He doesn't say anything. I could see everyone's interest with Henry's choice of words but if it wasn't what we were here for then it was irrelevant to the meeting.