Lets Skip The Formalities

Kahina's POV

I had a good spar with Alexander. That guy is really good and he doesn't even put much effort into it. I guess his powers make sense. Although he did say I'm good and fast for a normal human. But then again, he has never sparred with a human before, that's a little offensive.

Ever since I've been in this place, I have been told to trust all these Vampires that could kill me in a matter of seconds and I don't even know what's happening. I only oblige because my sister is here. Although I can feel myself trusting and enjoying their company, whereas my sister already likes them, I'm still very skeptical. I have every reason to hate them and I'm ashamed to say I no longer do.

They are all fine I guess but I've never gotten to know some of them. Including Henry and Alexei, speaking of which. Alexei is hardly ever present. Freya, I got to know her through my sister, and she wasn't wrong, she's very nice and caring. The nice friend between her and Aurielia. You'd think she's the mean one.

Now I'm alone with their King again. I know a lot of people keep saying I'm giving him a hard time and that I should listen to what he has to say. He isn't considering my feelings either. To top it off he reeks of perfume, it's not pleasant. I don't care about his followers, he enforces the rules therefore all of this is all him.

"Why do you speak with them and not me?" Rowan spoke clearing the silence in the room. I think I detected hurt in his voice but I did not pay attention to it, instead I replied.

"For instance, they didn't threaten to hurt my sister." I say walking to the weight bench and took some water Alexander placed there.

"Okay, I am going to do everything the way you want from now on. I wouldn't hurt your sister even if I wanted to, I'd have Henry as my enemy." He says. Mmh so he would fight for her? Interesting.

The mate thing is interesting but why does mine and Rowan's feel like I have a hand on my neck forcing me to turn my head as it pleases? I don't like it.

"What do you mean the way I want?" I ask.

"I now have less than two weeks till the council comes here personally and I can't afford for them to know you're my mate just yet, I'm sure you don't want want that too. Therefore I need you to accept the bond." He says.

He's yelling me not asking me? How on earth could I accept him as my mate? The main source of my torture as my soulmate? That's not possible.

"Okay and what difference will that make?"

"You accepting the bond means they will feel your power and they will have to accept you. But you're fighting me." He says.

"Because you are trying to control me." I reply.

"Which is why I'm saying let's do what you want right now. What do you want, Kahina?" His voice sounds gentle and hypnotic when he said my name. That feeling where I feel some things moving in my stomach is back. I hate it when he calls me by my name, at the same time I love it. Fuck this.

"I don't know." The words come out of me before I could even think.

"You do know. What do you want, mate?" He takes more steps towards me this time, while keeping eye contact. As soon as he was close enough he crouched down so we were level.

He is huge compared to me, and yes I want nothing more than to wrap my arms around him but I can't. I noticed the corner of his lips curved into a smirk but quickly disappeared. My eyes landed on his lips, great I can't even keep my horniness at bay. I hate being a young adult. He's right, I do know what I want. To be selfish for once.

"I want to know you." I found myself saying.

His lips curved into a little smile before he gave me his hand and I took it without another thought. His big warm hand felt like a million sparks were dancing between us. I remember that feeling from when he bit me, my body was so undecided as he inflicted pain on me but he held me so tightly and sooo good I didn't want him to let go. I admit it, I didn't want him to stop, I have wanted to die but in that day it felt the greatest way to die and I hadn't understood why.